Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Election Prediction 20:29 - May 6 with 1618 viewstangerinedom

Con 295
Lab 275
Libs 15

Reckon Cameron might just sneak in
Your Election Prediction on 06:27 - May 7 with 1605 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Con 280
Lab 270
Lib 25
SNP 50
UKIP 1

It's also possible for either the Con's or Lab to have most MPs but come 2nd in the popular vote, which would make things interesting.
[Post edited 7 May 2015 12:13]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Your Election Prediction on 08:15 - May 7 with 1600 viewsscratchingshed

Your Election Prediction on 06:27 - May 7 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Con 280
Lab 270
Lib 25
SNP 50
UKIP 1

It's also possible for either the Con's or Lab to have most MPs but come 2nd in the popular vote, which would make things interesting.
[Post edited 7 May 2015 12:13]

Also think the tories will be the biggest party but not sure they will win a clear majority.

Think UKIP will win around 15-20 seats and the Liberals pretty much wiped out.
Your Election Prediction on 12:01 - May 7 with 1581 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Your Election Prediction on 08:15 - May 7 by scratchingshed

Also think the tories will be the biggest party but not sure they will win a clear majority.

Think UKIP will win around 15-20 seats and the Liberals pretty much wiped out.

The "shy Tories" thing always complicates it for me. But I'll say :

Conservatives 287
Labour 264
Lib Dem 23
SNP 53
UKIP 1
PC 3
Green 1
Other 18
[Post edited 7 May 2015 12:03]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Your Election Prediction on 15:05 - May 7 with 1549 viewsTwoPhillips

Your Election Prediction on 12:01 - May 7 by basilrobbiereborn

The "shy Tories" thing always complicates it for me. But I'll say :

Conservatives 287
Labour 264
Lib Dem 23
SNP 53
UKIP 1
PC 3
Green 1
Other 18
[Post edited 7 May 2015 12:03]

I think when push comes to shove that people will just not fancy Milliband in government - if we had a Sturgeon type character in charge of the Tories I reckon the Tories would easily pass 300.

I'll go Con 295
Lab 268
Lib Dem 20

Along with Lib Dems and others Cameron will just about cross the line

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Your Election Prediction on 15:56 - May 7 with 1529 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If it's a given that the SNP get between 50-53 seats, and Labour get about 267, then i can't see how the Tories can get a coalition. Problem for the Tories is that the only seats they will gain are at the expense of the Lib Dems.

Even support from the DUP with 8-9 seats is not a given, as they what extra money for Northern Ireland, and an end to any cuts that effect Northern Ireland as well.

Ulster Unionists will only have 1 seat and UKIP 1 maybe 2 at most, so the maths don't look good for the Tories at the moment. However things can still change for either main party.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Your Election Prediction on 19:02 - May 7 with 1513 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Your Election Prediction on 15:56 - May 7 by BringBackTheRedRoom

If it's a given that the SNP get between 50-53 seats, and Labour get about 267, then i can't see how the Tories can get a coalition. Problem for the Tories is that the only seats they will gain are at the expense of the Lib Dems.

Even support from the DUP with 8-9 seats is not a given, as they what extra money for Northern Ireland, and an end to any cuts that effect Northern Ireland as well.

Ulster Unionists will only have 1 seat and UKIP 1 maybe 2 at most, so the maths don't look good for the Tories at the moment. However things can still change for either main party.

BBTRRR (are we related?)

I tend to agree with all that - UNLESS the polls are wrong and the Tories can push onto around 37% of the total vote at the expense of UKIP. In that case, you could see them getting close to 300 seats and could just about do something with DUP/LD backing.

The real fun will start if Miliband gets first crack, does some kind of deal with the SNP (most likely on another referendum) and then his own back benchers pull the rug out from under him. Even if that doesn't happen, he could find himself in a couple of years time in charge of a party that effectively gave away the Union facing an England/Wales/Ni election that he can't win. This might not be a bad election for the Tories to "lose".

Your Election Prediction on 22:48 - May 7 with 1491 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

BRR

Just seen the exit polls, if it's correct, guessing at an Con minority Goverment with a loose arrangement with DUP, not voting against them on key bills. After a kicking like that i doubt the Lib Dems would go anywhere near the Tories for years.

Before i saw the the exit poll was going to post it might be a good election for either party to lose, as the Tories have the little matter of europe to deal with.

Back to the popcorn and all night TV for me.

Your Election Prediction on 00:12 - May 8 with 1482 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Your Election Prediction on 22:48 - May 7 by BringBackTheRedRoom

BRR

Just seen the exit polls, if it's correct, guessing at an Con minority Goverment with a loose arrangement with DUP, not voting against them on key bills. After a kicking like that i doubt the Lib Dems would go anywhere near the Tories for years.

Before i saw the the exit poll was going to post it might be a good election for either party to lose, as the Tories have the little matter of europe to deal with.

Back to the popcorn and all night TV for me.

The exit polls are pretty surprising ; as it stands, and if they are right, I'd guess the Tories would go it alone. Neither the DUP or UKIP would risk bringing down the pro-Union party in favour of an alliance that might end it.

Login to get fewer ads

Your Election Prediction on 00:46 - May 8 with 1475 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Your Election Prediction on 00:12 - May 8 by basilrobbiereborn

The exit polls are pretty surprising ; as it stands, and if they are right, I'd guess the Tories would go it alone. Neither the DUP or UKIP would risk bringing down the pro-Union party in favour of an alliance that might end it.

BRR

Saw Farage on TV earlier, he was steaming mad at the Tory press, and there are claims from UKIP of dirty tricks by the Cons, and they are mad as hatters anyway so don't expect their support as a given.

DUP are in a tricky place or a good place depending on your point of view, Northern Ireland politics are so different from the rest of the UK. They will want their pound of flesh, not sure how well it will go down in the rest of the UK if more money is given to Northern Ireland, while cuts still go on in the rest of the UK.

Tbh sadly, I think the union is over no way will Scotland take this result. Think it also shows that neither Cons or Labour can win a majority without winning seats in Scotland. Remember the Tories haven't won a majority since 1992.

Edit.... Changed my mind, think the Tories will now get a majority.

Also as a Labour supporter, i must say if they try and form a coalition of the Losers, they should be taken out and shot.
[Post edited 8 May 2015 5:06]

Your Election Prediction on 07:35 - May 8 with 1443 viewsjanegallagher

Crikey some of you were up all night.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Your Election Prediction on 09:19 - May 8 with 1437 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Your Election Prediction on 07:35 - May 8 by janegallagher

Crikey some of you were up all night.

Some of us still are. I must get some sleep soon though!

Your Election Prediction on 09:26 - May 8 with 1431 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Got the Cricket in 90 mins

Your Election Prediction on 12:42 - May 8 with 1425 viewsAllezBlackpool

Your Election Prediction on 09:26 - May 8 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Got the Cricket in 90 mins

Tories will sneak in with a majority I predict

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024