Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New to the forum 05:26 - May 18 with 2024 viewsBenJen

Only discovered this site yesterday thanks to a Tweet - have to say of all the Blackpool forums it looks the most modern and accessible. Good to see some familiar old names as well! So what's the story - I thought the other site was AVFTT?

Poll: Will PNE win on Sunday - a Head not Heart Poll!

New to the forum on 06:32 - May 18 with 2021 viewssteve_g

You've a lot to catch up on Ben! Conspiracies, rumours, treachery and confusion! Welcome along Ben - we're a friendly bunch!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

New to the forum on 07:35 - May 18 with 2006 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Whilst not as busy, there is a better balance of views on here and the language used is of a higher quality than other sites.

Technically, it's also way ahead of other sites.
New to the forum on 08:45 - May 18 with 1990 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

First of all a hearty welcome.

Secondly, a word in you ear. Do not write in the 3rd person singular, stay in the 1st person singular.

You don't want to have to endure the lampooning that Osbourne has to put up with!

Happy posting "BenJen."

Cheer Os.
New to the forum on 17:05 - May 18 with 1953 viewsseasider81

New to the forum on 08:45 - May 18 by Osbourne

Osbourne here,

First of all a hearty welcome.

Secondly, a word in you ear. Do not write in the 3rd person singular, stay in the 1st person singular.

You don't want to have to endure the lampooning that Osbourne has to put up with!

Happy posting "BenJen."

Cheer Os.

Those who think this is more technically superior than Back Henry Street need to give their head a wobble. Just look at that dodgy orange clipart image used in the background! It's slow as well. BHS is in a different league in terms of presentation, speed and functionality.
New to the forum on 17:18 - May 18 with 1947 viewssteve_g

New to the forum on 17:05 - May 18 by seasider81

Those who think this is more technically superior than Back Henry Street need to give their head a wobble. Just look at that dodgy orange clipart image used in the background! It's slow as well. BHS is in a different league in terms of presentation, speed and functionality.

Have never been on Back Henry Street - tend to flick between here and the old forum which remains the busiest (if the worst presented - but I do like the fact you get a whole thread on one page) - I haven't a clue what a dodgy orange clipart image is but I'll take your word for it! Personally it's what is written which is why I go on forums. The old place seems to have gone so anti-Oyston if you comment on the football you have your head bitten off. I like the range of posters on here and actually like the fact that less is more as I tend to read every thread rather than one or two which catch the eye on the old forum.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

New to the forum on 17:33 - May 18 with 1942 viewshopinandwishin

New to the forum on 17:18 - May 18 by steve_g

Have never been on Back Henry Street - tend to flick between here and the old forum which remains the busiest (if the worst presented - but I do like the fact you get a whole thread on one page) - I haven't a clue what a dodgy orange clipart image is but I'll take your word for it! Personally it's what is written which is why I go on forums. The old place seems to have gone so anti-Oyston if you comment on the football you have your head bitten off. I like the range of posters on here and actually like the fact that less is more as I tend to read every thread rather than one or two which catch the eye on the old forum.

Seasider81 - BHS is the ugliest forum of them all - way too many words and profiles and quotes and God knows what else, I tried it when it first started but it's way over-complicated for me. The old AVFTT is dominated by a clique these days and is undoubtedly to the detriment of the forum. This one does a job (when Osbourne isn't on) and has some good discussions but not many laughs. As Seasider81 says Twitter is my main Port of Call these days and read the forums when I have a bit more time and tend to skip through them all.

Sad to say but with a dwindling fan base I do wonder if we can sustain 3/4 forums.
New to the forum on 18:00 - May 18 with 1939 viewsseasider81

New to the forum on 17:33 - May 18 by hopinandwishin

Seasider81 - BHS is the ugliest forum of them all - way too many words and profiles and quotes and God knows what else, I tried it when it first started but it's way over-complicated for me. The old AVFTT is dominated by a clique these days and is undoubtedly to the detriment of the forum. This one does a job (when Osbourne isn't on) and has some good discussions but not many laughs. As Seasider81 says Twitter is my main Port of Call these days and read the forums when I have a bit more time and tend to skip through them all.

Sad to say but with a dwindling fan base I do wonder if we can sustain 3/4 forums.

Everyone has their own view. If you forget content, I am pretty sure people in the design background will see BHS as the best forum in terms of layout. It is the only BFC forum that has a mobile website - try loading all three on a mobile and tell me BHS is complicated. Not sure I can relate to that.

I agree with you on the fact that there is no room for four forums. With our dwindling fan base, I suspect a couple might die.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 11:37]
New to the forum on 18:13 - May 18 with 1928 viewsAVFTT

New to the forum on 18:00 - May 18 by seasider81

Everyone has their own view. If you forget content, I am pretty sure people in the design background will see BHS as the best forum in terms of layout. It is the only BFC forum that has a mobile website - try loading all three on a mobile and tell me BHS is complicated. Not sure I can relate to that.

I agree with you on the fact that there is no room for four forums. With our dwindling fan base, I suspect a couple might die.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 11:37]

Interesting discussion - our site will be mobile (hopefully in time for the new season) as it is one of the things that has been fed back to us. We also have some new features coming along. When we started last year it was clear the vast majority wanted to stay with Fansonline and the only reason this site moved was because there were so many complaints about the functionality of the site, the design and how many times it was off line.

So we've not invested a huge amount of time this season in to the site and just watched and observed patterns and tried to work out where we fit in. So we now think we have a number of selling points as an article and blog site (for instance today our news stories are getting as much traffic as our forums), we think we're under-selling the functionality of the site in terms of messaging other users, all the stuff you can do on the message boards and the chat room etc which are all USP's.

Obviously the forum is at the heart of the site and we'd love new users and an increase in posts but hopefully it will go in a direction and gain an identity of it's own. We're also thinking for next season of a different way of previews and reports as everyone does one and they're not really that different across the board. As the airport thread has shown it's also good to have some local content beyond the football which we'd welcome more of. So any suggestions, ideas, input or criticisms then let us know and hopefully we can move forward successfully in to our second year (and not be one of the couple which might die!).
Login to get fewer ads

New to the forum on 05:57 - May 19 with 1900 viewstangerinedom

I think this site has improved so much over the months from the articles to the range of posters - long may it continue. Pleased about the phone app as that is the one big failure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024