Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Anyone Hear.. 09:09 - Jun 17 with 4926 viewsDiscodroids

Me and Jo on XFM radio this morning around 8 am?

'the answers pulp , john'

for some reason i shouted out 'gerry francis blue and white army ' , and the presenter john holmes , being the wag he is , ignored it .

still he gave us a grand.
which was nice.

next stop..easy listening drive time show playing andrew gold , level 42 and rush records for white van drivers
[Post edited 17 Jun 2015 9:12]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Did Anyone Hear.. on 15:39 - Jun 18 with 901 viewsBklynRanger

Rush? My brother in law loves Rush, in fact when he was younger he looked quite a bit like Geddy Lee (sp?). He's a nice bloke but not all that interesting. That's Rush.

Many years ago I had a massive pull on a bottle bong and then got quite paranoid/furious/hysterical about everybody in the room calling me a Rush fan, which only encouraged the bastards.

Rush.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 17:39 - Jun 18 with 856 viewsSterlingArcher

Aah, the Meteors playing the Clarendon. No 1 & and a half concept albums there !
Big Black, Suicidal Tendencies, Folk Devils, Stupids. What a venue.
Met two of my Millwall mates in there after the 5-5 with Noocastle. They just said, " Go on then !"
It was half an hour later when I got onto describing the equaliser !
Did Anyone Hear.. on 21:30 - Jun 18 with 823 viewsBrightonhoop

Did Anyone Hear.. on 02:21 - Jun 18 by SonofNorfolt

Motorhead have always seemed like a rock comedy band since Fast Eddie and Filthy Phil left years ago. The Madness of metal for me.
The Grace Under Pressure album is interesting because Steve Lillywhite was meant to produce it, but bottled. They were trying to change their whole sound, like a rockier Police, whom they were friends with, and did to a certain extent, not that the mainstream recognised. They've stayed as the musicians band. They still fill arenas without trying and still deliver nearly a three hour set.
Glastonbury next year would give them some of the credit they deserve.
Willow have you seen The Outcasts local rockabilly band?

Think they succeeded in changing there sound. I used to think the music press just didn't understand them and preferred to write them off as prog rock rather than simply saying 'great musicianship but I don't get it'.
Never got to see them live but the ongoing following is pretty impressive all these years later.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 21:46 - Jun 18 with 813 views100percent

Did Anyone Hear.. on 12:41 - Jun 17 by SonofNorfolt

Since when have Rush been easy listening?
Belittle one of the world's greatest bands at your peril.

absolute twiddley pelt....
Did Anyone Hear.. on 01:45 - Jun 19 with 774 viewsSonofNorfolt

Did Anyone Hear.. on 21:46 - Jun 18 by 100percent

absolute twiddley pelt....

Ha ha. Pelt.

Psychedelic Furs tribute band?
Mink DeVille?
Super Furry Animals?
Afghan Whigs?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024