Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sleaford Mods 10:32 - Oct 14 with 9459 viewskensalriser

On Jools Holland last night.

Can someone explain this act to me?

I've seen more competent and engaging bands supporting Crass and Poison Girls.

I think it's probably a joke act that's come from former Cambridge Footlights comedians or suchlike.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sleaford Mods on 15:41 - Oct 15 with 1432 viewskarl

Sleaford Mods on 09:52 - Oct 15 by HarrowRoadR

Erm I work on Strictly! 😊

This is brilliant, deviating a thread from Crass/Sleaford Mods to Strictly, we will be popular!
Sleaford Mods on 20:35 - Oct 15 with 1372 viewsBrightonhoop

I likes em.

Sleaford Mods on 21:25 - Oct 15 with 1351 viewsPeterHucker

I love em.
Saw em live in Manchester a couple of years ago and they were really good.
The records are even better because you can hear the words properly.
Not for everyone though.
Hardly surprising that they caused a few ruffles after appearing on Jools's oldfart boogiewoogie snoozefest.

I love punk rock as much as anybody, but it does wind me up when people write off new music because it's not guitar/bass/drums and it doesn't sound like Pistols / Buzzcocks etc.
I love that music but that music is nearly 40 years old. That means it's as ancient/irrelevant to kids today as Glenn Miller Band was to kids in 1977.

Lots of people seem to dismiss it because "he can't sing" (since when did that matter?) or because the other bloke just presses a button on his laptop "they're not even playing proper instruments." So what.

Heard Steve Jones on the radio a few years ago, slagging off some electronic dance act because it didn't have a tune and I just thought "you sad old git, you've become the kind of person you set out to destroy"

[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 21:25]
Sleaford Mods on 21:52 - Oct 15 with 1332 viewsMonahoop

Sleaford Mods on 21:25 - Oct 15 by PeterHucker

I love em.
Saw em live in Manchester a couple of years ago and they were really good.
The records are even better because you can hear the words properly.
Not for everyone though.
Hardly surprising that they caused a few ruffles after appearing on Jools's oldfart boogiewoogie snoozefest.

I love punk rock as much as anybody, but it does wind me up when people write off new music because it's not guitar/bass/drums and it doesn't sound like Pistols / Buzzcocks etc.
I love that music but that music is nearly 40 years old. That means it's as ancient/irrelevant to kids today as Glenn Miller Band was to kids in 1977.

Lots of people seem to dismiss it because "he can't sing" (since when did that matter?) or because the other bloke just presses a button on his laptop "they're not even playing proper instruments." So what.

Heard Steve Jones on the radio a few years ago, slagging off some electronic dance act because it didn't have a tune and I just thought "you sad old git, you've become the kind of person you set out to destroy"

[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 21:25]

That's a fair comment Mr Hucker. I don't mind them as I said in an earlier post. I like a wide range of music, punk being one of them. They may not be as good as some of the original punk groups,though at least they are keeping the genre alive amongst a tide of sterile mediocrity of today. Let's face it Sleaford Mods v Mumford and Sons. I know which side I'm on there.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Sleaford Mods on 22:57 - Oct 15 with 1292 viewstimcocking

I think they're good. Jobseeker is a beauty. And they mention QPR in a song.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024