Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I back Garry Monk 21:16 - Nov 7 with 3957 viewsgetcarter

100%
I back Garry Monk on 21:17 - Nov 7 with 3102 viewsNookiejack

why?
I back Garry Monk on 21:18 - Nov 7 with 3082 viewsowainglyndwr

We must need players then
I back Garry Monk on 21:21 - Nov 7 with 3054 viewsDarran

Well if he's still the manager going into the Bournemouth game everyone should back him though that's not likely to happen when it hasn't happened since day one

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I back Garry Monk on 21:23 - Nov 7 with 3041 viewsGeoffThom

I back Garry Monk on 21:21 - Nov 7 by Darran

Well if he's still the manager going into the Bournemouth game everyone should back him though that's not likely to happen when it hasn't happened since day one

They'd back him until we went 1 down then he'd get both barrels unfortunately
I back Garry Monk on 21:23 - Nov 7 with 3030 viewsraynor94

I back Garry Monk on 21:17 - Nov 7 by Nookiejack

why?

Because he's our manager and deserves our support

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I back Garry Monk on 21:24 - Nov 7 with 3017 viewsowainglyndwr

I agree, so do you think he needs help and if so would he except it?
I back Garry Monk on 21:27 - Nov 7 with 2996 viewsDarran

I back Garry Monk on 21:24 - Nov 7 by owainglyndwr

I agree, so do you think he needs help and if so would he except it?

It looks like he could do with a bit of help Jarv and I couldnt give a f*ck if he'd accept it or not if the board were to say he's getting help and he takes offence it's tough titty,that's the way football works where I come from.
Saying that beat Bournemouth and it's a different story completely.

I back Garry Monk on 21:37 - Nov 7 with 2957 viewsFlashberryjack

What you on about.....the fans have backed Garry Monk at the Liberty.
You pay our fans a great dis-service

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

I back Garry Monk on 21:41 - Nov 7 with 2929 viewsBorojack

I back Garry Monk on 21:27 - Nov 7 by Darran

It looks like he could do with a bit of help Jarv and I couldnt give a f*ck if he'd accept it or not if the board were to say he's getting help and he takes offence it's tough titty,that's the way football works where I come from.
Saying that beat Bournemouth and it's a different story completely.

Why is it a different story completely if we beat Bournemouth.
The next 3 games are Liverpool, Leicester and Man City not the easiest games.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

I back Garry Monk on 21:42 - Nov 7 with 2912 viewsDarran

I back Garry Monk on 21:37 - Nov 7 by Flashberryjack

What you on about.....the fans have backed Garry Monk at the Liberty.
You pay our fans a great dis-service

So what you going to do if he's still manager then boo every time our players touch the ball from the first whistle is it?

I back Garry Monk on 21:44 - Nov 7 with 2897 viewsicecoldjack

There is an argument though that Garry chose his staff and they have performed well, it's a difficult one really.

I think this season he has tried to put too many ingredients into the Swansea mix and it's spoilt what we were all about.

Sometimes i feel he has been trying to be a bit too clever when in fact the solution has been a simple one.

The questions are this.

Is Monk humble enough to turn around and go back a few steps tactically ?
is he humble enough to accept help if asked?
And would he walk if help was thrust upon him?

It's been proven that the Swans job is always one of evolution not revolution , i have been uncomfortable with how our football has been eroding but i also understand Garry wanting to impliment different systems of play etc.

A lot of searching questions for Garry and the board in the coming weeks i think.

I would prefer Monk to take the humble approach, pick up a few wins,make some tough selections and we can consign it all to History and move on.
I back Garry Monk on 21:44 - Nov 7 with 2893 viewsDarran

I back Garry Monk on 21:41 - Nov 7 by Borojack

Why is it a different story completely if we beat Bournemouth.
The next 3 games are Liverpool, Leicester and Man City not the easiest games.

Because there'll be less chance of relegation.
Seriously mate if we lose all those four games I'd expect hom to be gone being 14th at he me t I don't.

I back Garry Monk on 21:46 - Nov 7 with 2878 viewsdeanscfc

I back him too ... (you listening Darran? )

Genuinely, he deserves time. At least a 3-4 games anyway and i think he can turn it around. I do think he has made some mistakes (e.g. loaning out Dyer and whatever has happened with Tabanou isn't ideal), but i also feel like he now needs to go to the board and ask them to make funds available in January if he is still here, as it is clear we are weak at fullback and striker. He needs to have the guts to do that because i think a manager from outside (like a Laudrup), would have.

Either way we can't afford to f*ck up this season. It would be a disaster and we may struggle to make it back soon.
I back Garry Monk on 21:48 - Nov 7 with 2852 viewsDarran

I back Garry Monk on 21:46 - Nov 7 by deanscfc

I back him too ... (you listening Darran? )

Genuinely, he deserves time. At least a 3-4 games anyway and i think he can turn it around. I do think he has made some mistakes (e.g. loaning out Dyer and whatever has happened with Tabanou isn't ideal), but i also feel like he now needs to go to the board and ask them to make funds available in January if he is still here, as it is clear we are weak at fullback and striker. He needs to have the guts to do that because i think a manager from outside (like a Laudrup), would have.

Either way we can't afford to f*ck up this season. It would be a disaster and we may struggle to make it back soon.

That's the best post you've ever made and I agree Dean.
If he f*cks up he's gone end of.

I back Garry Monk on 21:54 - Nov 7 with 2810 viewsdeanscfc

I back Garry Monk on 21:48 - Nov 7 by Darran

That's the best post you've ever made and I agree Dean.
If he f*cks up he's gone end of.

I back Garry Monk on 21:58 - Nov 7 with 2791 viewsNookiejack

The trend is not our friend.

If Monk can turn things around we will then have a helluva of a manager. Easy last season when things were all going well - now is the real crunch time for him - as we are getting worse as the weeks go by - barring the odd positive blip. (that downward trend again).

Hope he can turn things around - don't think he will be able to.
I back Garry Monk on 22:06 - Nov 7 with 2742 viewsmonmouth

Of course he must be given more time, and enough of it to be a fair shake for a man that could get more points than Laudrup or Rodgers. We probably do need to beat Bournemouth to stop a peception of 'slide' but to stake the decision on one game like that in mid November would be poor form and take us a step towards just being a crap reactionary low rent club in my view. Plus changing horses is risky (see Cardiff, Fulham, Wolves etc). Real relegation battles do not start until February/March.

If I were Huw though I'd be having a very serious talk with him about what is needed to freshen things up. I'm sure he will. Sometimes you get too close to see clearly. 'Working harder' is not going to solve this, neither is a stubborn clinging on to fixed ideas learned from numpties like Osian Roberts or whatever he's called. We need to get back to Swansea basics and that means if ego's are hurt, managers, coaches or players, then tough shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I back Garry Monk on 22:08 - Nov 7 with 2728 viewsTNT

As players who got us here become less and less influential e.g. Leon Britton, Angel Rangel et al, I do wonder if being here means as much to the more recent signings. The same happened when we reached the top flight the last time. Many would argue that it was the beginning of our demise the last time.

As for Gary Monk. Yes, he's made mistakes and anyone who thought he wouldn't is naiive, and yes he and his team need to get things right more often than not. He and the team need our support now more than ever, starting v Bournemouth.

Maybe we need to finish 17th, just once, to realise what we have. We have no divine right to be here.

Maybe we need to plummet down the leagues once more and start again, taking another 30 years to be at the top table.

Maybe we just need an international weekend break, to dust ourselves down and go again.

I'm off to watch the Remembrance Service on BBC, to instil more than a little perspective.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

I back Garry Monk on 22:08 - Nov 7 with 2725 viewsDarran

I back Garry Monk on 22:06 - Nov 7 by monmouth

Of course he must be given more time, and enough of it to be a fair shake for a man that could get more points than Laudrup or Rodgers. We probably do need to beat Bournemouth to stop a peception of 'slide' but to stake the decision on one game like that in mid November would be poor form and take us a step towards just being a crap reactionary low rent club in my view. Plus changing horses is risky (see Cardiff, Fulham, Wolves etc). Real relegation battles do not start until February/March.

If I were Huw though I'd be having a very serious talk with him about what is needed to freshen things up. I'm sure he will. Sometimes you get too close to see clearly. 'Working harder' is not going to solve this, neither is a stubborn clinging on to fixed ideas learned from numpties like Osian Roberts or whatever he's called. We need to get back to Swansea basics and that means if ego's are hurt, managers, coaches or players, then tough shit.

Spot on my friend no wonder you won POTY

I back Garry Monk on 22:09 - Nov 7 with 2716 viewsAngelRangelQS

I back Garry Monk on 22:06 - Nov 7 by monmouth

One game?

"Perceived" slide?

If Monk does go it'll be based on more than one game.
I back Garry Monk on 22:19 - Nov 7 with 2667 viewsmonmouth

I back Garry Monk on 22:09 - Nov 7 by AngelRangelQS

One game?

"Perceived" slide?

If Monk does go it'll be based on more than one game.

Okay, if it needs spelling out, one more game. So based on 9 games in total, or in reality 4 games, Stoke, Watford, Norwich, Bournemouth. A decision of any sort based on that would be as ludicrous as giving him a bigger contract after the first four games.

I back Garry Monk on 22:26 - Nov 7 with 2613 viewsAngelRangelQS

I back Garry Monk on 22:19 - Nov 7 by monmouth

Okay, if it needs spelling out, one more game. So based on 9 games in total, or in reality 4 games, Stoke, Watford, Norwich, Bournemouth. A decision of any sort based on that would be as ludicrous as giving him a bigger contract after the first four games.

It's not just results though, the performances haven't been there either, have they?

We haven't had a tough run of fixtures that we can blame... We've just lost it badly, seemingly out of nowhere.

What it boils down to is whether they still think he's the right man for the job. If yes, they need to seriously back him in January and stick with him for the season. If no, at what point will they make that decision I guess. The tipping point will always be "one more game"

What concerns me is that the problems we have run through the entire team as a whole. 2 players scored from open play in 12 games is absolutely shocking
I back Garry Monk on 22:27 - Nov 7 with 2605 viewslovejuicejack

Genuine question to Carter, 100%backing how long is that for, say for instance we still ain't won a game by Xmas, how long does your backing last and would you still back him if he took us down.
I back Garry Monk on 22:35 - Nov 7 with 2551 viewsmonmouth

I back Garry Monk on 22:26 - Nov 7 by AngelRangelQS

It's not just results though, the performances haven't been there either, have they?

We haven't had a tough run of fixtures that we can blame... We've just lost it badly, seemingly out of nowhere.

What it boils down to is whether they still think he's the right man for the job. If yes, they need to seriously back him in January and stick with him for the season. If no, at what point will they make that decision I guess. The tipping point will always be "one more game"

What concerns me is that the problems we have run through the entire team as a whole. 2 players scored from open play in 12 games is absolutely shocking

I know where you're coming from but I think that apart from those 4 games (I forgot Soton), the performances have been patchy but acceptable (Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, Villa).

I don't think for a second that we don't need a full review and rethink, including the coaching, tactics. personnel and approach - that was the thrust of my post - but sacking the manager anytime soon, as the usual lazy panacea beloved of traditional run-of-the-mill football club owners and fans, would be very very very premature imho.

I back Garry Monk on 22:42 - Nov 7 with 2506 viewsAngelRangelQS

I back Garry Monk on 22:35 - Nov 7 by monmouth

I know where you're coming from but I think that apart from those 4 games (I forgot Soton), the performances have been patchy but acceptable (Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, Villa).

I don't think for a second that we don't need a full review and rethink, including the coaching, tactics. personnel and approach - that was the thrust of my post - but sacking the manager anytime soon, as the usual lazy panacea beloved of traditional run-of-the-mill football club owners and fans, would be very very very premature imho.

Patchy but acceptable is a good way to describe them.

Problem is that patchy but acceptable isn't good enough when they're sandwiched between poor results and performances.

Add Bournemouth 0 points to Watford 0 points, Stoke 0 points, Southampton 0 points and Norwich 0 points and it doesn't look pretty.

As far as a coaching staff shake up goes, it won't happen. He won't appoint someone who may be his successor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024