Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss 10:31 - Mar 6 with 13195 viewscrackerjack

Absolutely brilliant!!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:46 - Mar 6 with 2194 viewsGroo

Newcastle's attendance

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/newu.htm

I see they grew up to 50K plus up to the mid 1950's then dropped to mid 30's after that, unsure why at that point.

They stayed around that mark until the early 1980's, with relegation and If I remember right ground restructuring. Also the unemployment had a lot to do with falling attendances in that period, who remembers our pathetic crowds in our first jolly in the top flight.

By the mid 90's they were back to mid 30's sell outs in the finished akll seater stadium and expansions, extra tiers allowed plus 50's again at the start of the century.

Groo does what Groo does best

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:48 - Mar 6 with 2192 viewsGroo

Ours in comparison

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/swac.htm

and the Welsh Barcelona

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/carc.htm

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:50 - Mar 6 with 2178 viewsblueytheblue

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:25 - Mar 6 by dgt73

Are man city a big club for global merchandise ? And if that's your measuring tape to judge what makes a big club.....then where do the likes of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday stand ?
You mentioned your workmates not me............
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 17:28]

You extrapolated my previous workmates to generalise, not me.

Man City, like it or not have transcended local, domestic support. There's a handful of clubs who have done that - those are big clubs. Everyone else is scrabbling around to be the "biggest" in a small pond.

Leeds and Sheff Wed have failed to be relevant in how many years now? Leeds would have more of a claim to be a big club, but let's be blunt, they've been left well behind over the last twenty years or so.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:54 - Mar 6 with 2170 viewsGroo

The big so called 5

Chelsea
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/chls.htm

Man Utd
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/manu.htm

Arsenal
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/arse.htm

Man City
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/manc.htm

Liverpool
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/live.htm

Man City's was quite impressive during their drop to Div 3

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:57 - Mar 6 with 2162 viewsGroo

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:50 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

Man City, like it or not have transcended local, domestic support. There's a handful of clubs who have done that - those are big clubs. Everyone else is scrabbling around to be the "biggest" in a small pond.

Leeds and Sheff Wed have failed to be relevant in how many years now? Leeds would have more of a claim to be a big club, but let's be blunt, they've been left well behind over the last twenty years or so.

Leeds, more of a claim?

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/leeu.htm

Sheff Wed

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/shew.htm

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:58 - Mar 6 with 2161 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:50 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

How many replica tops a club sells in Taiwan is not what governs what makes a club big or not.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:08 - Mar 6 with 2142 viewsblueytheblue

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 17:58 - Mar 6 by dgt73

How many replica tops a club sells in Taiwan is not what governs what makes a club big or not.

Merchandise is one factor. Not the only factor which you want to believe, to validate your view.

Like it or not ( and I hate plastic fans ) football these days for clubs is global business. Big clubs are global clubs in terms of a number of factors... those clubs regardless of winning the league or not are big clubs.

Everyone else is scrabbling to be a big fish in a small pond.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:14 - Mar 6 with 2131 viewsDarran

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:08 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

Merchandise is one factor. Not the only factor which you want to believe, to validate your view.

Like it or not ( and I hate plastic fans ) football these days for clubs is global business. Big clubs are global clubs in terms of a number of factors... those clubs regardless of winning the league or not are big clubs.

Bluey FFS mun stop replying to the troll.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:14 - Mar 6 with 2125 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:08 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

So using your logic Bournemouth are a bigger club than every other club outside the PL - because they can generate more cash.....including clubs such as Celtic & Rangers.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:15 - Mar 6 with 2116 viewsblueytheblue

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:14 - Mar 6 by Darran

Saves you guys having to.

Sacrificing self for the greater good yadda yadda.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:15 - Mar 6 with 2113 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:14 - Mar 6 by Darran

Why don't you fook off you thick tw@t.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:19 - Mar 6 with 2099 viewsDarran

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:15 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

Saves you guys having to.

Sacrificing self for the greater good yadda yadda.

Seriously he's the most boring prick on here. B
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 18:19]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:19 - Mar 6 with 2098 viewsGlyn1

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 11:19 - Mar 6 by MrSwerve

He's mildly entertaining but he's just another Newcastle fan who thinks they are a massive club and should be in the top 4 by default.

The squad is shite, their performances have been terrible, you are the weakest link - goodbye. Enjoy the championship next year.

Actually, he's always said the exact opposite of that.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:21 - Mar 6 with 2085 viewsblueytheblue

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:14 - Mar 6 by dgt73

So using your logic Bournemouth are a bigger club than every other club outside the PL - because they can generate more cash.....including clubs such as Celtic & Rangers.

Not at all. Again you're reducing things to a single factor; first it was attendance/capacity, now it's income. Please try again.

Are Celtic and (new) Rangers that big? Scotland they certainly dominate, but the Scottish leagues rightly don't have the market penetration of the Prem or some other European leagues.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:29 - Mar 6 with 2067 viewsMrSwerve

I believe the last time Newcastle won something was 1969.

Leeds have got a far better argument for being a 'big club' but many on here rubbish that.

Yes they get 50k people turn up, they're clearly not a small club. But many of their fans think they deserve to be near the top. They are more like a Villa than a Liverpool, Man Utd etc to me.

I'm surprised that no one has come in to sort their s**t out though, they could potentially be a big team.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:31 - Mar 6 with 1940 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:21 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

Not at all. Again you're reducing things to a single factor; first it was attendance/capacity, now it's income. Please try again.

Are Celtic and (new) Rangers that big? Scotland they certainly dominate, but the Scottish leagues rightly don't have the market penetration of the Prem or some other European leagues.

Your talking rubbish, is Swansea a bigger club than cardifff? We have bigger crowds than you , sell more merchandise than you, have a bigger world audience than you.
You made the claim that Newcastle are an average sized PL club, now only complete buffoon would make such a claim.......which other PL clubs are average sized ?.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:35 - Mar 6 with 1929 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:29 - Mar 6 by MrSwerve

I believe the last time Newcastle won something was 1969.

Leeds have got a far better argument for being a 'big club' but many on here rubbish that.

Yes they get 50k people turn up, they're clearly not a small club. But many of their fans think they deserve to be near the top. They are more like a Villa than a Liverpool, Man Utd etc to me.

I'm surprised that no one has come in to sort their s**t out though, they could potentially be a big team.

Wigan have won more than then in the last 30 yrs.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:36 - Mar 6 with 1925 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:19 - Mar 6 by Darran

Seriously he's the most boring prick on here. B
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 18:19]

And you're the ugliest

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:37 - Mar 6 with 1921 viewsblueytheblue

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:31 - Mar 6 by dgt73

Your talking rubbish, is Swansea a bigger club than cardifff? We have bigger crowds than you , sell more merchandise than you, have a bigger world audience than you.
You made the claim that Newcastle are an average sized PL club, now only complete buffoon would make such a claim.......which other PL clubs are average sized ?.

I'd say right now you are a bigger club than us based upon my logic / view of what a big club is. Does that make you a big club? No, not right now.

Have I claimed Newcastle are an average sized PL club? Can you provide some evidence of that? In a lot of ways they are a big Prem club. They are not however a big club globally, nowhere near the level of your Liverpool, Man United et al.

The acid test is that like it or not eventually there will be some sort of European league, a pre cursor to an eventual world league; hopefully it won't happen anytime soon. The question then becomes is Newcastle a big club, a big enough club to be invited into those leagues? The answer quite obviously is no. They are nowhere near big enough globally... which has been my entire point...

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:42 - Mar 6 with 1907 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:37 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

I'd say right now you are a bigger club than us based upon my logic / view of what a big club is. Does that make you a big club? No, not right now.

Have I claimed Newcastle are an average sized PL club? Can you provide some evidence of that? In a lot of ways they are a big Prem club. They are not however a big club globally, nowhere near the level of your Liverpool, Man United et al.

The acid test is that like it or not eventually there will be some sort of European league, a pre cursor to an eventual world league; hopefully it won't happen anytime soon. The question then becomes is Newcastle a big club, a big enough club to be invited into those leagues? The answer quite obviously is no. They are nowhere near big enough globally... which has been my entire point...

Have you had a bang on the head today ? You posted on page one in regard to Newcastle :- too big for the championship and average at best in the premiership.
Who cares if a club is big globally- in this country Newcastle are a big club and that's a fact.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:44 - Mar 6 with 1902 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:37 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

Comparing clubs to Liverpool and Man U is ridiculous, two of the biggest clubs in world football along with a few others.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 18:45]

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:45 - Mar 6 with 1897 viewsblueytheblue

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:42 - Mar 6 by dgt73

Have you had a bang on the head today ? You posted on page one in regard to Newcastle :- too big for the championship and average at best in the premiership.
Who cares if a club is big globally- in this country Newcastle are a big club and that's a fact.

Well, was referring more to on the pitch there but I grant you I was ambiguous there.

Sadly you miss the point that 50k crowds do not a big club make. Football is global, you know. Is the next Messi going to go to say Man Utd or Newcastle? No, because Newcastle are not a big club either considering Europe nor the world...

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:50 - Mar 6 with 1885 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:45 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

Well, was referring more to on the pitch there but I grant you I was ambiguous there.

Sadly you miss the point that 50k crowds do not a big club make. Football is global, you know. Is the next Messi going to go to say Man Utd or Newcastle? No, because Newcastle are not a big club either considering Europe nor the world...

On the pitch they are in the relegation zone, but what that's got to do with things God knows. What about Chelsea not doing great on the pitch this season are they.
That's the second time you've mentioned Man U ffs Man U are a mega club and probably only Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are at the same level as them.
Just because you're not at Man U level, does not mean you're not a big club.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 18:51]

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:53 - Mar 6 with 1877 viewsdgt73

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 18:45 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

So 50,000 turn up and there not a big club ? What are they then ?.

NSR - The True Geordie on Bournemouth loss on 19:00 - Mar 6 with 1859 viewsshandyjack

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6927673/The-stadium-and-fanb

A professionals take on it

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024