Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reality 17:26 - Aug 22 with 4950 viewsstid

These owners have spent nothing. Top CB needed or its going to be a long season.
Reality on 17:45 - Aug 22 with 3817 viewsHeadmaster

Reality is we have broken our transfer record by signing Baston. Spending £15 million is not really spending nothing, is it?

I agree though, we need a quality CB and other areas could do with strengthening. In a perfect world, business would have been done early.
Reality on 17:55 - Aug 22 with 3767 viewsdeanscfc

We need/needed an overhaul this transfer window. Having Taylor, Rangel, Dyer, Routledge and Britton all in or around the first team 5 years after our first season in the PL tells me that we aren't really going forwards. They've been good servants but some of them shouldn't be playing for us anymore. Losing Williams was also a big blow. Regardless of money, he was going to be hard to replace. Our two new strikers only cover one position. I would want to see another CB, FB and attacking midfielder come in. I was also someone who actually liked shelvey as a player when he could be bothered. We lost a goal threat selling him.
Reality on 17:56 - Aug 22 with 3761 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Reality on 17:45 - Aug 22 by Headmaster

Reality is we have broken our transfer record by signing Baston. Spending £15 million is not really spending nothing, is it?

I agree though, we need a quality CB and other areas could do with strengthening. In a perfect world, business would have been done early.

The owners have spent nothing in terms of new money, the £15M came form selling our top players.
And there is still about £12M left.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 17:56]
Reality on 18:05 - Aug 22 with 3711 viewsBorojack

Reality on 17:56 - Aug 22 by A_Fans_Dad

The owners have spent nothing in terms of new money, the £15M came form selling our top players.
And there is still about £12M left.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 17:56]

I make it 15 million plus a reduced wage bill due to the numbers that have left couple that with the 12 million we received for Shelvey and there is plenty available to get a couple of additions in.
But we have been told we are only getting a CB.
All a bit strange.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Reality on 18:07 - Aug 22 with 3702 viewsHighjack

Reality on 17:55 - Aug 22 by deanscfc

We need/needed an overhaul this transfer window. Having Taylor, Rangel, Dyer, Routledge and Britton all in or around the first team 5 years after our first season in the PL tells me that we aren't really going forwards. They've been good servants but some of them shouldn't be playing for us anymore. Losing Williams was also a big blow. Regardless of money, he was going to be hard to replace. Our two new strikers only cover one position. I would want to see another CB, FB and attacking midfielder come in. I was also someone who actually liked shelvey as a player when he could be bothered. We lost a goal threat selling him.

Yes a goal threat to both goals.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Reality on 18:17 - Aug 22 with 3639 viewsMoscowJack

Reality on 18:05 - Aug 22 by Borojack

I make it 15 million plus a reduced wage bill due to the numbers that have left couple that with the 12 million we received for Shelvey and there is plenty available to get a couple of additions in.
But we have been told we are only getting a CB.
All a bit strange.

Dividends!

Possibly the new owners would like to show a 20m-30m profit this season and pay record levels of dividends to the shareholders (and therefore to their investors).

Being able to show 20m dividends would make a mockery of the 100m valuation put on the club, but we knew that anyway.

The one thing I keep saying to myself is "THEY NEED US IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE TO MAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF US". I hope they can do it....and keep on doing it.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Reality on 18:22 - Aug 22 with 3603 viewsBorojack

Reality on 18:17 - Aug 22 by MoscowJack

Dividends!

Possibly the new owners would like to show a 20m-30m profit this season and pay record levels of dividends to the shareholders (and therefore to their investors).

Being able to show 20m dividends would make a mockery of the 100m valuation put on the club, but we knew that anyway.

The one thing I keep saying to myself is "THEY NEED US IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE TO MAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF US". I hope they can do it....and keep on doing it.

If we keep reducing the quality then we wont stay in the PL its obvious they are trying to stay up on the cheap.
Hopefully Saturdays performance will give them a reality check not holding my breath though.

Reality on 18:32 - Aug 22 with 3568 viewsstid

The pitch was quite, no1 out there barking out orders. We need a top CB.
Login to get fewer ads

Reality on 18:38 - Aug 22 with 3537 viewssully49

Clubs are awash with TV money so where are we spending our share? We have sorted out the academies, it may require a tweak but nothing to warrant a subantial amount.

We can also generate a decent amount by renaming the stadium, sponsoring the different stands and even the match ball if wer'e a bit hard up, by the amount of advertising on display the sales team are doing a great job.

The players wages and bonus will take a huge chunk of money but with everything taken into account we would still show a substantial profit.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2016 13:16]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Reality on 18:39 - Aug 22 with 3525 viewsmonmouth

Dividends!

That's what every owner would want and need to make any money though, and three aren't going to make it.

They surely won't be paying big dividends while the Trust has 21% entitlement. Maybe the money is going to go on the stadium if they can agree it with the Council? As long as we survive I'm cool with that, as it leaves us debt free with no dilution and an expansion. Can't help but feel there's a sting coming in the debt or equity positions down the line though. Trust's certainly 'all gone quiet over there', which isn't giving me a warm feeling.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reality on 18:41 - Aug 22 with 3514 viewstomdickharry

Has the transfer window closed then?
Reality on 19:04 - Aug 22 with 3454 viewsbathgatejack

Reality on 18:41 - Aug 22 by tomdickharry

Has the transfer window closed then?

The writing is on the wall already
Reality on 20:07 - Aug 22 with 3297 viewsyescomeon

They were never going to spend anything because they don't have money.

Upthecity!

Reality on 20:12 - Aug 22 with 3274 viewsBorojack

Reality on 20:07 - Aug 22 by yescomeon

They were never going to spend anything because they don't have money.

I thought clubs get 100 million for finishing bottom this season off Sky.
And they must have money or where the Fukc did they find 110 million to buy the club under a sqeaky floorboard?

Reality on 21:38 - Aug 22 with 3133 viewsstid

There are championship teams spending more than us...again. There are Championship teams with a better backline.
Reality on 21:58 - Aug 22 with 3077 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Reality on 19:04 - Aug 22 by bathgatejack

The writing is on the wall already

Not really. We've made it pretty clear that we're looking to make at least one more big purchase before it closes.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Reality on 22:04 - Aug 22 with 3047 viewslonglostjack

Reality on 21:58 - Aug 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

Not really. We've made it pretty clear that we're looking to make at least one more big purchase before it closes.

I could be mistaken but I have only read that we will probably only make one more signing, more than likely a CB. Not sure about the "at least" or "big" but I hope you're right.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 22:05]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Reality on 01:28 - Aug 23 with 2885 viewsyescomeon

Reality on 20:12 - Aug 22 by Borojack

I thought clubs get 100 million for finishing bottom this season off Sky.
And they must have money or where the Fukc did they find 110 million to buy the club under a sqeaky floorboard?

Finding the money to buy the club is one thing but bankrolling us is something else completely. I'm guessing they thought they could run the club better, make bigger profits and take bigger dividends.

Upthecity!

Reality on 04:32 - Aug 23 with 2804 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Reality on 22:04 - Aug 22 by longlostjack

I could be mistaken but I have only read that we will probably only make one more signing, more than likely a CB. Not sure about the "at least" or "big" but I hope you're right.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 22:05]

Well, we keep getting reports from just about everywhere that we are pursuing more than a CB. No idea what else we will snag if anything, but it appears to be the plan, if even a small fraction of those reports are accurate.

And with the way Fernandez looks so far, I can't imagine our new CB won't be someone expected to be a sure first team guy. So big in that sense.

If I'm wrong, we're probably in deep crap, if Saturday meant anything.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Reality on 09:40 - Aug 23 with 2619 viewsmonmouth

Reality on 01:28 - Aug 23 by yescomeon

Finding the money to buy the club is one thing but bankrolling us is something else completely. I'm guessing they thought they could run the club better, make bigger profits and take bigger dividends.

They got their money from their investors in the syndicate backing their purchase. They will want a return. Not sure about massive dividends though; they won't want to give away 40% of distributions to the other S/H including 21% to strengthen the trust's finances.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reality on 11:24 - Aug 23 with 2501 viewsyescomeon

Reality on 09:40 - Aug 23 by monmouth

They got their money from their investors in the syndicate backing their purchase. They will want a return. Not sure about massive dividends though; they won't want to give away 40% of distributions to the other S/H including 21% to strengthen the trust's finances.

Yeah, that's interesting, I hadn't thought of that. How do the investors get their money back?

Upthecity!

Reality on 11:45 - Aug 23 with 2456 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Reality on 11:24 - Aug 23 by yescomeon

Yeah, that's interesting, I hadn't thought of that. How do the investors get their money back?

By selling to some Chinese blokes in a few years for a lot more than they paid? They'll need to keep us up of course.

By paying themselves handsome salaries? Down side - tax on salaries, up side - cut the trust out.

Dividends? Need to make large profits which means a policy of staying up as cheaply as possible. Down side - very high risk strategy and 21% goes to the trust.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Reality on 11:50 - Aug 23 with 2436 viewstomdickharry

The day after the close of the transfer window suitable comment will be the order of the day remembering of course that we have always run,or attempted to run a tight ship in respect of signing players.
Reality on 11:58 - Aug 23 with 2409 viewsWitneyjack

It still worries me that such a large number of our fans seem to have forgotten our past and want to spend stupid sums of money on a single player! Let's not put our future at risk again!
Reality on 12:08 - Aug 23 with 2387 viewsDafyddHuw

Dividends!

"The one thing I keep saying to myself is "THEY NEED US IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE TO MAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF US"."

Didn't work at Villa.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024