Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski 14:44 - Mar 6 with 3396 viewsSTID2017

First off I just want to say I rate this guy highly and this is not a criticism in any way of his general play.
However, with regards to penalties, can anyone out there tell me the stats on how many penalties (on target he has faced and how many if any he has saved since he has been with us ?
I just think sometimes it's one aspect of his play he could improve on

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fabianski on 09:26 - Mar 7 with 1124 viewsperchrockjack

I'm with dwight

We can do better than Fab

Look around the Prem League and compare

No way does he command his box and the odd great save doesn't compensate.

Naughton ... It ll be a relief to replace him.

Taylor was rightly replaced, so should have been the latest in a long line of players loved beyond reason

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabianski on 10:29 - Mar 7 with 1089 viewsKerouac

Peter Beardsley took good penalties, usually in the top corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Fabianski on 12:12 - Mar 7 with 1031 viewsSTID2017

Fabianski on 09:26 - Mar 7 by perchrockjack

I'm with dwight

We can do better than Fab

Look around the Prem League and compare

No way does he command his box and the odd great save doesn't compensate.

Naughton ... It ll be a relief to replace him.

Taylor was rightly replaced, so should have been the latest in a long line of players loved beyond reason

Maybe De Gea will be available on a free ?
FFS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fabianski on 12:51 - Mar 7 with 1002 viewsJohnw102

Bit unfair to criticise a keeper for not saving pens. The only thing I would like to see Fab improve is his distribution when kicking, that does need working on.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Fabianski on 13:58 - Mar 7 with 967 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fabianski on 12:51 - Mar 7 by Johnw102

Bit unfair to criticise a keeper for not saving pens. The only thing I would like to see Fab improve is his distribution when kicking, that does need working on.

His distribution is the only thing he needs to improve?

What about his lapses in concentration that costs us goals? His inability to save daisy cutters from 25 yards? His reluctance to come and collect a high ball 5 yards from his starting position?

He has been appalling this season and has cost us points in multiple games. None of that was down to the odd kick he'd put in to touch.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fabianski on 14:06 - Mar 7 with 954 viewsnierika

Nick Rimando is a badass at stopping penalties in the MLS - his career save% is around 35%.

I think its just a special skill and it isnt Fab's strongest attribute.
Fabianski on 14:15 - Mar 7 with 943 viewsoldcob

Fabianski on 13:58 - Mar 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

His distribution is the only thing he needs to improve?

What about his lapses in concentration that costs us goals? His inability to save daisy cutters from 25 yards? His reluctance to come and collect a high ball 5 yards from his starting position?

He has been appalling this season and has cost us points in multiple games. None of that was down to the odd kick he'd put in to touch.

Agree he's been below his own standards this season so far, but every footballer, keeper or not, has a dip in form at some time (Joe Hart) but thats just form, he could be back to his usual standard soon. The old adage form is temporary………………...
Fabianski on 14:20 - Mar 7 with 940 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fabianski on 14:15 - Mar 7 by oldcob

Agree he's been below his own standards this season so far, but every footballer, keeper or not, has a dip in form at some time (Joe Hart) but thats just form, he could be back to his usual standard soon. The old adage form is temporary………………...

His dip in form has been going on for about 18 months now. He was good when he first came here. Then for whatever reason he went to pieces. His confidence collecting high balls vanished and errors became apparent every other game.

I say this a lot but now whenever he makes a good save but one that you would expect any professional keeper to save, many deem it 'excellent' or sometimes a 'worldy' just because we have become accustomed to see him letting those sort of shots in so regularly.

Burnley's second is another example. When the ball went past him it was very close to the centre of the goal. His positioning was appalling. After Gray brought it down he kept stepping towards his near post and by the time Gray shot, the other side of the goal was wide open. His angles were terrible. He saved a similar shot at Man City. However he gave himself little chance with Gray's effort. You certainly see keepers save those every week.

Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski on 14:24 - Mar 7 with 935 viewsnierika

The save against Chelsea that was a high bounce off the ground was really good
Fabianski on 14:45 - Mar 7 with 914 viewsoldcob

Fabianski on 14:20 - Mar 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

His dip in form has been going on for about 18 months now. He was good when he first came here. Then for whatever reason he went to pieces. His confidence collecting high balls vanished and errors became apparent every other game.

I say this a lot but now whenever he makes a good save but one that you would expect any professional keeper to save, many deem it 'excellent' or sometimes a 'worldy' just because we have become accustomed to see him letting those sort of shots in so regularly.

Burnley's second is another example. When the ball went past him it was very close to the centre of the goal. His positioning was appalling. After Gray brought it down he kept stepping towards his near post and by the time Gray shot, the other side of the goal was wide open. His angles were terrible. He saved a similar shot at Man City. However he gave himself little chance with Gray's effort. You certainly see keepers save those every week.

The first thing a keeper thinks to do is to give the attacker a small an area to shoot into and score as possible, but this is not always possible because there may be a defender obstructing his view when in the optimum position to do this. Then he has to move to a position which he can see, which might not be the best angle wise. It is not a simple as playing "shooting in" like we all did as kids, there's a lot of movement in front of you. The worse thing anyone can do to a keeper who his have a dip in form is to lampoon him. There's nothing so sad in football as a keeper with no confidence. By the way "daisy cutters" are normally the ones that trouble keepers the most.
Fabianski on 14:48 - Mar 7 with 906 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fabianski on 14:45 - Mar 7 by oldcob

The first thing a keeper thinks to do is to give the attacker a small an area to shoot into and score as possible, but this is not always possible because there may be a defender obstructing his view when in the optimum position to do this. Then he has to move to a position which he can see, which might not be the best angle wise. It is not a simple as playing "shooting in" like we all did as kids, there's a lot of movement in front of you. The worse thing anyone can do to a keeper who his have a dip in form is to lampoon him. There's nothing so sad in football as a keeper with no confidence. By the way "daisy cutters" are normally the ones that trouble keepers the most.

"daisy cutters" are normally the ones that trouble keepers the most."

Maybe, but no Premier League keeper should be conceding from the sort of shot Pedro scored from.

Fabianski on 14:55 - Mar 7 with 893 viewsoldcob

Fabianski on 14:48 - Mar 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"daisy cutters" are normally the ones that trouble keepers the most."

Maybe, but no Premier League keeper should be conceding from the sort of shot Pedro scored from.

Not his best moment I admit, that doesn't make him a bad keeper. We all have a dig at certain players from time to time, but we have to realise there are no rubbish players in the prem., even Taylor wasn't rubbish just not good enough for prem..
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 14:56]
Fabianski on 10:20 - Mar 9 with 739 viewsMoscowJack

I know some or many disagree, but this has been a poor season for Fabianski.

We all love him and want him to do well (I hope so, anyway) but he's been one of many who've under-performed this season.

A Fabianksi at the top of his game would have saved us a few times this season, especially when we were so sh!t under Coach Bob. He has been nowhere near his best for most of this season, bar a few great saves here and there. I'm not saying he's useless or worth throwing away, but a keeper like Foster at West Brom and Forster at Southampton made a huge difference to them both avoiding being pulled into the relegation zone earlier in the season.

I would take either of those over Fabianski at the moment and there are some good keepers out there who would be interested in join us next season (should we keep our current form going).
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 10:21]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Fabianski on 10:23 - Mar 9 with 733 viewsperchrockjack

Bottom line is ,Nick, do we have that glow of confidence in him thst he could save us single handedly at a vital time.

He s been in no way a rock for us

Fabianski on 10:35 - Mar 9 with 720 viewsepaul

Not a bad way to take a penalty by my mate and he's a poster on here, albeit it's been a long time since he's posted

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Fabianski on 10:44 - Mar 9 with 622 viewsperchrockjack

Franny Lee was a master in that manner

Fabianski on 12:33 - Mar 9 with 591 viewsElward

So to sum this thread up, don't criticize any of the fans favourites, as even if you are talking sense, you will still get down voted!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024