Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon's Tackle 21:17 - May 6 with 5621 views34dfgdf54

That is what you need when the going gets tough. Some b0llocks.

Get the statue up.
Leon's Tackle on 23:38 - May 6 with 1496 viewsNeathJack

Leon's Tackle on 23:26 - May 6 by Kilkennyjack

Yes its upset me.

Monk nowhere near Leons status.

Only Ivor, Cliffy, Curt, Robbie, Trunds, Roger, and mr Toshack.

Harsh on Monk that. Captained us in every division, two Wembley wins and managed us to our highest Premier League finish (Accepting Toshack's finish was higher).

Ok it went sour in the end but still.
Leon's Tackle on 23:55 - May 6 with 1462 viewsdobjack2

Yes its upset me.

Ivor and cliff were before my time so can't comment and I'd put Herbie before trundle, Toshack and probably roger as well.

I'd put Robbie and Curt before Leon but he's in good company. Monk's time is tainted by taking us away from basics as a coach but Jenkins is responsible for so much that it muddies the waters so at the moment I don't know where he sits.
Leon's Tackle on 00:00 - May 7 with 1451 viewsmonmouth

Monk was too snidey and full of himself in the end for my liking when all said and done. And Jenkins didn't force him to love and adopt the tactics of Peppa f*cking Pig.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leon's Tackle on 00:05 - May 7 with 1435 viewsdobjack2

Leon's Tackle on 00:00 - May 7 by monmouth

Monk was too snidey and full of himself in the end for my liking when all said and done. And Jenkins didn't force him to love and adopt the tactics of Peppa f*cking Pig.

True but it was probably something akin to game of thrones at the end of Laudrup's reign and the start of monks. With Jenkins being the power behind the throne,paymaster and chief of recruitment.
Leon's Tackle on 00:21 - May 7 with 1412 viewsrock1n

He could turn a fanbase gay that boy

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Leon's Tackle on 02:13 - May 7 with 1323 viewsGowerjack

Leon's Tackle on 21:59 - May 6 by Neath_Jack

I thought LEON was finished with us a few season's back. But i'll have to admit, this is one of the very rare occasions when i was wrong.

Is he our greatest player ever? He is for me.

Possibly

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Leon's Tackle on 02:18 - May 7 with 1317 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Unfortunately, we have become accustomed to seeing very poor players, such as Jack Cork, play the role we saw Leon play so well before he was removed from the starting eleven.

We have become accustomed to seeing very poor displays being put in by the likes of Jack Cork each week, running around like a headless chicken, getting caught out of position constantly. Leon is playing no where near the level he once could, however even his current level is far above what we have been watching from the likes of Cork for the past 18 months. Even today, he went diving in to a tackle 15 yards into their half, off his feet. He missed and Everton countered, having one of their clearest sights of goal because of his lack of discipline.

For me, a defensive midfielder is the number one priority to purchase this Summer.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Leon's Tackle on 03:36 - May 7 with 1289 viewsLoyal

Leon's Tackle on 21:49 - May 6 by Kilkennyjack

100 per cent.

A 9 ft statue. The man is a club legend.
What a fecking player.

Why didn't we pick him for 4 months ? Amazing.

People really do need to settle down.
Fcking statues !
Seriously mate.

Kick over the statues.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Leon's Tackle on 05:19 - May 7 with 1258 viewsE20Jack

I am struggling to think of a bad game he had since joining us.

I agree, greatest ever for us. Certainly in my lifetime. And if used correctly has another couple of seasons in him if thats is what he wants.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Leon's Tackle on 07:52 - May 7 with 1180 viewscrackerjack

Leon's Tackle on 05:19 - May 7 by E20Jack

I am struggling to think of a bad game he had since joining us.

I agree, greatest ever for us. Certainly in my lifetime. And if used correctly has another couple of seasons in him if thats is what he wants.

Havant & Waterlooville away maybe? The whole side were awful that day & Leon missed a penalty. Other than that I can't think of anything else

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Leon's Tackle on 08:34 - May 7 with 1137 viewsSTID2017

Leon's Tackle on 21:23 - May 6 by jack2jack

Leon, Leon, Leon.

I thought they were shouting "Leroy" to get Clement to sub Britton .....
Only joking mun !
Brilliant performance by the little man again yesterday

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Leon's Tackle on 09:06 - May 7 with 1091 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yes its upset me.

Richie Appelby

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leon's Tackle on 09:11 - May 7 with 1080 viewslancasterswan

Leon is pivotal to almost everything achieved in the last decade. The guy is a complete legend.

Go with me on this one, it's a bit left field. Dan Topolski was a lightweight rower in the 1960s and 1970s . He was dwarfed by the other seven beasts in the Oxford crew and looked completely out of place. The Oxford coach was sneered at for selecting him and why he had. His reply was simple and direct, something along the lines of "I have to select him. I don't know why, but every time I put him in the boat it goes faster"

And that for me says everything about Leon. I think Clement has just, finally learned against Stoke, Utd and Everton that if he puts Brittan in the Swansea boat it 'goes faster' too.

And he's a nice guy to boot.
Leon's Tackle on 09:11 - May 7 with 1078 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leon's Tackle on 02:18 - May 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Unfortunately, we have become accustomed to seeing very poor players, such as Jack Cork, play the role we saw Leon play so well before he was removed from the starting eleven.

We have become accustomed to seeing very poor displays being put in by the likes of Jack Cork each week, running around like a headless chicken, getting caught out of position constantly. Leon is playing no where near the level he once could, however even his current level is far above what we have been watching from the likes of Cork for the past 18 months. Even today, he went diving in to a tackle 15 yards into their half, off his feet. He missed and Everton countered, having one of their clearest sights of goal because of his lack of discipline.

For me, a defensive midfielder is the number one priority to purchase this Summer.

I'll agree with that. If we had put the same resources into finding a proper Leon replacement instead of buying a striker that sometimes can't even get on the bench because he doesn't suit our style of play we wouldn't be in this state.

Leon's Tackle on 09:12 - May 7 with 1076 viewsSTID2017

Leon's Tackle on 02:18 - May 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why don't you go share a flat with The Res and have a "moanfest" ?
The team over the last three matches has been brilliant, Cork included.
He's no Leon, but it is what it is
Give credit where it's due rather being negative all the time

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Leon's Tackle on 09:35 - May 7 with 1015 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leon's Tackle on 09:12 - May 7 by STID2017

Why don't you go share a flat with The Res and have a "moanfest" ?
The team over the last three matches has been brilliant, Cork included.
He's no Leon, but it is what it is
Give credit where it's due rather being negative all the time

I'll agree with this too. They're all fighting like their lives are depending on staying up. No need for any negativity - completely undeserved

Leon's Tackle on 10:04 - May 7 with 978 viewswaynekerr55

Back to the question of Leon's status.

Undoubtedly our most consistent top league player. Just shows how thick most managers of other Premier League teams and England are in valuing absolute dross like Scott Parker over Leon

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leon's Tackle on 10:08 - May 7 with 969 viewsperchrockjack

There have been faster ,more skilful and handsome players but nobody can hold a candle to this fella for committment, professionalism ,pride and guts ...not only that but he s the most effective ever, effective as he affects the games he plays in and clearly sets an example to his team mates .

Greatest club man unquestionably

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leon's Tackle on 10:25 - May 7 with 938 viewsNeath_Jack

Yes its upset me.

I've already said that no other player comes near to being alongside LEON, but, Monk is up there in the chasing pack.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Leon's Tackle on 11:53 - May 7 with 889 viewswaynekerr55

Leon's Tackle on 10:08 - May 7 by perchrockjack

There have been faster ,more skilful and handsome players but nobody can hold a candle to this fella for committment, professionalism ,pride and guts ...not only that but he s the most effective ever, effective as he affects the games he plays in and clearly sets an example to his team mates .

Greatest club man unquestionably

He's given me many a vinegar moment - I can tell you that!

Leon's Tackle on 11:57 - May 7 with 873 viewsDarran

Leon's Tackle on 11:53 - May 7 by waynekerr55

He's given me many a vinegar moment - I can tell you that!

I think you should give some praise to David Moyes for yesterday Wayne.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leon's Tackle on 11:57 - May 7 with 873 viewsWarwickHunt

Leon's Tackle on 10:25 - May 7 by Neath_Jack

I've already said that no other player comes near to being alongside LEON, but, Monk is up there in the chasing pack.

A couple of yards behind. As usual.
Leon's Tackle on 12:19 - May 7 with 825 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Here is the Cork incident. He does it every match. Diving into tackles when he's already out of position, leaving the opposition free to run at our defence unopposed. Usually Fernandez has to come diving out because of this. Fortunately the back four defended it well and forced Lukaku wide and he put the shot wide.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Leon's Tackle on 12:20 - May 7 with 822 viewsperchrockjack

Jonny wilco...on a swans thread

Fookme

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leon's Tackle on 12:33 - May 7 with 800 viewswaynekerr55

Leon's Tackle on 11:57 - May 7 by Darran

I think you should give some praise to David Moyes for yesterday Wayne.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024