Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthem 00:05 - Jul 16 with 9124 viewsKinsey

That was just hilarious!
Anthem on 18:07 - Jul 16 with 1331 viewsswanjackal

After rewatching, it reminds me of the first 30 seconds or so of this ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Anthem on 18:41 - Jul 16 with 1291 viewsSwanjaxs

Anthem on 17:56 - Jul 16 by oldcob

Just played it for my wife, a Welsh speaker by the way and she said "Aw love her" and thought she was brave for making the effort.

Now then, some common sense at last! Posters hanging this poor woman out to dry, get a grip ffs! she probably made a better fist of it the most posters on here, it's like bloody mumsnet on this site at times 😂
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 18:43]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Anthem on 19:16 - Jul 16 with 1249 viewsHighjack

Yes, good on her for giving it a go. It can't be easy for anyone to sing a song in a language they have never heard of before in front of lots of people.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Anthem on 21:40 - Jul 16 with 1170 viewsTNT

Anthem on 17:56 - Jul 16 by oldcob

Just played it for my wife, a Welsh speaker by the way and she said "Aw love her" and thought she was brave for making the effort.

Yeah, fair do's.

Having said that, Nana Mouskouri was singing 'Ar Hyd Y Nos' in perfect Welsh (proper version like) in '76 when we were in Division Four, fair play to her (it's on You Tube)!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Anthem on 21:53 - Jul 16 with 1157 viewsmajorraglan

Anthem on 19:16 - Jul 16 by Highjack

Yes, good on her for giving it a go. It can't be easy for anyone to sing a song in a language they have never heard of before in front of lots of people.

Its not the greatest rendition of the anthem I have ever heard and it couldn't have been easy for her.

There are some positives though, a Welsh team has travelled to the States, the Americans have had the courtesy to make an effort to get someone to sing our National Anthem in what is a friendly match as opposed to God Save The Queen.
Anthem on 22:03 - Jul 16 with 1145 viewsTNT

Anthem on 21:53 - Jul 16 by majorraglan

Its not the greatest rendition of the anthem I have ever heard and it couldn't have been easy for her.

There are some positives though, a Welsh team has travelled to the States, the Americans have had the courtesy to make an effort to get someone to sing our National Anthem in what is a friendly match as opposed to God Save The Queen.

Somebody must've had a word mun. A rendition of GSTQ would've ended any entente cordiale, if there is one.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Anthem on 22:14 - Jul 16 with 1138 viewsSwanjaxs

Haven't got the linkie but remember Max Boyce on a boat during a lions tour back in the day in New Zealand reciting the haka to the tune of Humpty Dumpty.. it's probably on YouTube and totally disrespecting the Maori culture... just saying 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Anthem on 22:58 - Jul 16 with 1111 viewsJoeSoccerFan

At HT, I asked a Swansea employee (that I've met in previous years), how was the Welsh National Anthem. He sheepishly in a typical British manner confessed, "I can't sing either". Ouch!
Login to get fewer ads

Anthem on 00:09 - Jul 17 with 1069 viewsbluenile

Anthem on 00:39 - Jul 16 by swanjackal

Breaking on Twitter, she is coming out half time to give a rendition of Myfanwy.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 0:43]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024