Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if our U23s played our first team... 23:47 - Dec 26 with 5967 viewspaulv2k4

...would they win??

i have never watched the U23s other than in our highlights (where they seem quite good) but do the people in the know think they would beat our current first 11?

i just wondered if we should start giving them a go.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 19:04]
if our U23s played our first team... on 20:57 - Dec 27 with 945 viewsskettyparkherbert

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:46 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Ryan Hedges was bought for a few hundred thousand.

We've brought in loan fees for Gorre, Adam King, Fulton etc.

Our academy certainly hasn't turned a profit yet. The facilities were only finished a couple of years ago.

McBurnie's £8.5K looks better value than the £7.5m+ we've spent on Sanches, and the £50k a week Clucas gets.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, i think any Swans fan when they heard we were signing Sanches on a season long loan were jumping for joy as he was one of the best young talents in world football.

To me Mcburnies £8.5k a week and Clueless's £50k a week is a disgrace, getting a contract like that Clueless is made for life so what incentive has he got to bust a bollock?

That goes for all of our squad at the moment too. That is down to the DOF- HJ

Swans pay 84% of income on players salaries plus what we must be spending ( IMHO) wasting on the academy its a recipe for disaster?
if our U23s played our first team... on 21:59 - Dec 27 with 915 viewsKilkennyjack

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:46 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Ryan Hedges was bought for a few hundred thousand.

We've brought in loan fees for Gorre, Adam King, Fulton etc.

Our academy certainly hasn't turned a profit yet. The facilities were only finished a couple of years ago.

McBurnie's £8.5K looks better value than the £7.5m+ we've spent on Sanches, and the £50k a week Clucas gets.

If you think that the poor lower division clubs that players like Fulton and Gorre go to pay a loan fee of any significance you are being misled. I would be surprised if they even pay their full wages.

Beware of the Risen People

if our U23s played our first team... on 10:40 - Dec 28 with 852 viewssomersetsimon

if our U23s played our first team... on 06:58 - Dec 27 by Jackfath

I agree.

Some of the players who play for that side are robbing a living. Why would any professional want to play week in week out for that side? Surely you'd want to back yourself and move on to turn out for a div 1/div 2 side and build your rep.

It's far too comfortable there for them. Huge salaries for not doing too much at all.

Does anyone know much our U23s earn compared to a L1 or L2 first team player?
if our U23s played our first team... on 13:46 - Dec 28 with 808 viewsjasper_T

if our U23s played our first team... on 10:40 - Dec 28 by somersetsimon

Does anyone know much our U23s earn compared to a L1 or L2 first team player?

Matt Grimes is on more than anyone but maybe some Wigan players. £8k a week iirc.

For the rest any info out there is just guesswork, quite a bit of it my own from when I did the data for Football Manager. Some countries require wage info to be public (like Italy) but not here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024