Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV rights value outlook 13:11 - Apr 8 with 3269 viewsShaky

I posted the following earlier referencing the Swans article in the FT, but not only does it really deserve its own tread, but the usual trolls were also in the process of overrunning it.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
. . . As for the TV money outlook Kaplan is certainly bullish, and maybe he is right in the long term.

But the more I look at this the more medium term optimism is completely misplaced.

On the domestic front, did you see the second tranche of rights was pulled because the reserve was not met?

Not doubt this is because various potential steaming providers like Amazon/Google/(YouTube)/Facebook/failed to show up.

Ooops. That's seriously bad news, and almost certainly means domestic rights will generate lower total revenue for the first time since the deal beginning '04/05 kicked in. Despite myriad new broadcast options continuously being offered. It is classic product life-cycle maturity.

And as I read it, much of the optimism regarding foreign rights was based on excitement about the supposed entry of the aforementioned streamers who failed to show up a the last UK auction.

For each of the last two 3year frame agreements growth in domestic rights revenue has outpaced growth in foreign rights by an average of 40%.

Assuming a continuation of that pattern and the continued absence of those streamers the outlook for foreign rights is objectively nowhere near as bullish as has been widely touted.

I'd be very interested to know when exactly those Kaplan comments were made; that's certainly relevant to his propensity to bullshit as the deterioration in the fundamentals for TV rights revenue has only become apparent in the last few months.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

TV rights value outlook on 14:23 - Apr 8 with 1222 viewsE20Jack

TV rights value outlook on 14:20 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

What's the difference between overseas and abroad?

The same difference between growth and frowth I would have thought.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

TV rights value outlook on 14:40 - Apr 8 with 1203 viewsShaky

TV rights value outlook on 14:15 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

I won't shut up and you are a fraud. Now fack off there's a good boy.

You know perfectly well I've been right about everything, but now you want me to fcuk off?

That's how much you love "your" club, isn't it? You're a piece of work, matey. And a proven liar.

I've said in the past I'd only stick around as long as my help was wanted. However, you don't speak for anybody other than Dim and Jenkins.

Misology -- It's a bitch

TV rights value outlook on 14:43 - Apr 8 with 1200 viewsE20Jack

TV rights value outlook on 14:40 - Apr 8 by Shaky

You know perfectly well I've been right about everything, but now you want me to fcuk off?

That's how much you love "your" club, isn't it? You're a piece of work, matey. And a proven liar.

I've said in the past I'd only stick around as long as my help was wanted. However, you don't speak for anybody other than Dim and Jenkins.

What have you been right about?

Everything I have seen from you has either been wrong, copied from elsewhere and months late, obvious or utterly loonybin crackpot theory.

Also did you think the Trust being prejudiced was a particularly difficult or complicated realisation after looking at the deal?

TV rights value outlook on 14:45 - Apr 8 with 1198 viewsShaky

TV rights value outlook on 14:43 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

What have you been right about?

Everything I have seen from you has either been wrong, copied from elsewhere and months late, obvious or utterly loonybin crackpot theory.

Also did you think the Trust being prejudiced was a particularly difficult or complicated realisation after looking at the deal?

Get a life you sad little kunt.

Misology -- It's a bitch

TV rights value outlook on 14:46 - Apr 8 with 1196 viewsE20Jack

TV rights value outlook on 14:45 - Apr 8 by Shaky

Get a life you sad little kunt.

OK.

Now the answer to the post directed at you?

Take as long as you need.

TV rights value outlook on 15:34 - Apr 8 with 1166 viewsTheResurrection

It's you that's the liar.

Lonely bloke.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

TV rights value outlook on 17:06 - Apr 8 with 1129 viewsJENKINSOUT

its only a matter of months since he used to hammer the Trust for not listening to you but now he seems to think they are right

This is what you are dealing with, a split personality who only wants to argue with other people. dangerously unbalanced individual

Poll: is the res right or wrong on jenkins

TV rights value outlook on 17:24 - Apr 8 with 1116 viewsShaky

TV rights value outlook on 17:06 - Apr 8 by JENKINSOUT

its only a matter of months since he used to hammer the Trust for not listening to you but now he seems to think they are right

This is what you are dealing with, a split personality who only wants to argue with other people. dangerously unbalanced individual

Man's been wrong so much over the last 18 months it has addled his brain.

Whether my accident or design his bizarre man love relationship with Dim then pushed him over the edge probably sometime in the Spring.

The poor lamb.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

TV rights value outlook on 19:34 - Apr 8 with 1072 viewsEasternJack

Anyone else thinking this is just one guy with too much time on his hands?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024