Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maximising profits 18:45 - Aug 25 with 4158 viewsJackfath

Selling hotdogs on the concourse a few minutes before half time.

Whatever next?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Maximising profits on 18:50 - Aug 25 with 3336 viewsNeath_Jack

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, as I've never eaten in the stadium.

What is unusual about that?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Maximising profits on 18:52 - Aug 25 with 3317 viewsN_T_J

I only got to the ground after half time, and as I was walking to my seat I was behing a girl and she was shouting on top of her voice "Hotdogs for sale, but if you want one you will have to come to me" 🤣

I found it quite amusing. And then the old classic form a guy in the stand "Hotdogs for tea boys"
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 18:55]
Maximising profits on 18:58 - Aug 25 with 3274 viewsJackfath

Maximising profits on 18:50 - Aug 25 by Neath_Jack

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, as I've never eaten in the stadium.

What is unusual about that?

I should have explained. The were selling them on the concourse around the pitch, not in their usual booths "under" the pitch.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Maximising profits on 19:01 - Aug 25 with 3244 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximising profits on 18:58 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

I should have explained. The were selling them on the concourse around the pitch, not in their usual booths "under" the pitch.

Ah ok fair enough. Don't think they done it over in our stand, or at least i never saw them.

Do you know what, if they came up the steps to where i sit, I'd probably end up buying one.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Maximising profits on 19:02 - Aug 25 with 3235 viewsJackfath

Maximising profits on 19:01 - Aug 25 by Neath_Jack

Ah ok fair enough. Don't think they done it over in our stand, or at least i never saw them.

Do you know what, if they came up the steps to where i sit, I'd probably end up buying one.

Perhaps they'll develop an app where this could happen.

They're keeping the concourses open after the matches now too so you can watch the later kick off matches.

Maximising profits on 19:05 - Aug 25 with 3210 viewsMrSwerve

What's the problem with this? Has always been done in the US and will probably be mainstream in the UK within the next ten years.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Maximising profits on 19:06 - Aug 25 with 3201 viewsN_T_J

Maximising profits on 19:01 - Aug 25 by Neath_Jack

Are you in the East? If so yes they were selling them on the gangway below the North East stand.
Maximising profits on 19:19 - Aug 25 with 3125 viewsNeathJack

They used to have people selling pasties at half time from the edge of the pitch through the North Bank fence back in the old first division days.
Login to get fewer ads

Maximising profits on 20:24 - Aug 25 with 2996 viewsSgorioFruit

I also seen on the big screen that they keeping the bars on the concourse open to watch the Liverpool game

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Maximising profits on 20:30 - Aug 25 with 2958 viewsmajorraglan

Went to a Boston Red Sox game a few weeks ago , in addition to lots of booths selling merchandise, food and beer under the stands they also had lots of boys walking around the stands selling food and snacks continuously throughout the game. They were literally like army ants working the stands. Money generator for sure.
Maximising profits on 20:55 - Aug 25 with 2906 viewssainthelens

On the big screen at half time today advertising that the concourse bar would be open after the game to watch the evening game on tv. At £4 a pint were they being serious!!
Maximising profits on 22:08 - Aug 25 with 2789 viewsbuilthjack

Maximising profits on 20:55 - Aug 25 by sainthelens

On the big screen at half time today advertising that the concourse bar would be open after the game to watch the evening game on tv. At £4 a pint were they being serious!!

Ridiculous idea. Doubt anybody stayed. There were even signs in the bags advertising this.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Maximising profits on 00:45 - Aug 26 with 2662 viewsmajorraglan

Maximising profits on 22:08 - Aug 25 by builthjack

Ridiculous idea. Doubt anybody stayed. There were even signs in the bags advertising this.

Saw a Boston Red Sox earlier this summer at Fenway Park a regular beer 12oz beer which I believe is 3/4 of a pint was about £6.20 , they had 1 draft beer which was about £8. Gave it a miss and had a pint elsewhere afterwards.
Maximising profits on 00:49 - Aug 26 with 2649 viewslonglostjack

Maximising profits on 22:08 - Aug 25 by builthjack

Clueless.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Maximising profits on 00:57 - Aug 26 with 2630 viewsjacktheripper

Don't buy the shite. Simples
Maximising profits on 01:32 - Aug 26 with 2608 viewsswan65split

bag of frozen sausages £2 ,,,buns ..cheap as chips...answer ,,,,money maker,
Maximising profits on 07:43 - Aug 26 with 2465 viewsMrSwerve

Keeping the concourse open for the evening game is a great idea, if you fancy staying there for a few drinks rather than walking elsewhere after the game. The shîte food and drink is another matter.

I feel people are picking on the club a bit unnecessarily here. Yes, it's obviously to make a bit of money but at least it's a bit of service to the fans.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Maximising profits on 08:46 - Aug 26 with 2402 viewspaulv2k4

The woman/girl with pink hair shouting before, during and after half time (on the South) was possibly the most annoying thing to happen during my matchday apart from seeing Tom Carroll on the pitch.
Maximising profits on 09:17 - Aug 26 with 2316 viewsbuilthjack

Maximising profits on 07:43 - Aug 26 by MrSwerve

Keeping the concourse open for the evening game is a great idea, if you fancy staying there for a few drinks rather than walking elsewhere after the game. The shîte food and drink is another matter.

I feel people are picking on the club a bit unnecessarily here. Yes, it's obviously to make a bit of money but at least it's a bit of service to the fans.

Why don't they just do it in the big marquee in the fanzine?
Perhaps a bigger telly would help.
Oh, and some decent beer and food.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Maximising profits on 09:33 - Aug 26 with 2279 viewsTenbySwan

The biggest problem with all these things is the thought of the Americans and Dinneen et al making money.

Their only objective in the minds of many is to screw every last penny out of us and the club for themselves and they have done little to disprove that.
Maximising profits on 09:39 - Aug 26 with 2262 viewsderijack

I think the issue here is putting money in the yanks and some of the sellouts pockets.

If this was suggested 5 years ago I'm sure the reaction would have been positive.

I'm of the same opinion though, money grabbing bastards

Maximising profits on 09:57 - Aug 26 with 2228 viewsProfessor

Maximising profits on 20:30 - Aug 25 by majorraglan

Went to a Boston Red Sox game a few weeks ago , in addition to lots of booths selling merchandise, food and beer under the stands they also had lots of boys walking around the stands selling food and snacks continuously throughout the game. They were literally like army ants working the stands. Money generator for sure.

Was going to say the same. Went to Fenway a couple of years back. Incredibly expensive too
Maximising profits on 10:20 - Aug 26 with 2184 viewsclloy2

Maximising profits on 18:52 - Aug 25 by N_T_J

I only got to the ground after half time, and as I was walking to my seat I was behing a girl and she was shouting on top of her voice "Hotdogs for sale, but if you want one you will have to come to me" 🤣

I found it quite amusing. And then the old classic form a guy in the stand "Hotdogs for tea boys"
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 18:55]

Makes a change from shouting "players for sale"
Maximising profits on 10:22 - Aug 26 with 2173 viewsclloy2

Maximising profits on 19:05 - Aug 25 by MrSwerve

What's the problem with this? Has always been done in the US and will probably be mainstream in the UK within the next ten years.

I think the problem with this is the man responsible for overseeing this culinary revolution is on 700k a year
Maximising profits on 10:30 - Aug 26 with 2139 viewsCatullus

Maximising profits on 19:19 - Aug 25 by NeathJack

They used to have people selling pasties at half time from the edge of the pitch through the North Bank fence back in the old first division days.

Yes, because when the North bank was full you couldn't get out for a pastie and get back to your spot without missing 20 mins of the game!!
I understand trying to maximise profits but they may be onto a loser, a half time flyer told me sales were very much down because people thought half the money went to the owners (which it doesn't) and they weren't giving those people any more money!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024