Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nantes 10:44 - Feb 9 with 456 viewsjanegallagher

demanding payment - I’m sure it’ll all be sorted but is this not a bit too raw at the moment.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Nantes on 10:51 - Feb 9 with 445 viewsHannibal

I don’t know if there’s another legal angle to this, but to me, if I order something and never receive it for whatever reason, I don’t expect to have to pay for it. It’s not Cardiff’s fault that he died on the way from France is it? They shouldn’t have to pay surely?

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Nantes on 11:17 - Feb 9 with 441 viewsROTTWEILERS

Nantes on 10:51 - Feb 9 by Hannibal

I don’t know if there’s another legal angle to this, but to me, if I order something and never receive it for whatever reason, I don’t expect to have to pay for it. It’s not Cardiff’s fault that he died on the way from France is it? They shouldn’t have to pay surely?

In fairness, I think Cardiff started a bit of funny business first - querying the paperwork or something. I actually think Cardiff should pay up - their insurances SHOULD cover it. Plus none of us know what financial obligations Nantes have or the overall health of their balance sheet.

If Cardiff haven't got the right insurance policies in place then that's their fault for taking that risk. Please, please excuse the crude analogy but you wouldn't buy a car then think "I'll drive it back, sort the insurance out at home". He was a Cardiff player from the moment the paperwork was signed off, not when he was due to touch down in the UK.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Nantes on 11:22 - Feb 9 with 438 viewsHannibal

Nantes on 11:17 - Feb 9 by ROTTWEILERS

In fairness, I think Cardiff started a bit of funny business first - querying the paperwork or something. I actually think Cardiff should pay up - their insurances SHOULD cover it. Plus none of us know what financial obligations Nantes have or the overall health of their balance sheet.

If Cardiff haven't got the right insurance policies in place then that's their fault for taking that risk. Please, please excuse the crude analogy but you wouldn't buy a car then think "I'll drive it back, sort the insurance out at home". He was a Cardiff player from the moment the paperwork was signed off, not when he was due to touch down in the UK.

Fair points Rotts. I’m not professing to know the legalities but what you say makes sense. Especially the insurance aspect which has got to be a must have in case of any eventualities like this occurring.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Nantes on 11:41 - Feb 9 with 433 viewstonysoprano

Nantes on 11:22 - Feb 9 by Hannibal

Fair points Rotts. I’m not professing to know the legalities but what you say makes sense. Especially the insurance aspect which has got to be a must have in case of any eventualities like this occurring.

The player took a private flight to say good bye to his ex work colleagues . What on earth has that to do with either clubs insurance ? If you or I go on a flight or on holiday you pay for your own insurance , it's nothing to do with your work is it .
Nantes on 12:28 - Feb 9 with 418 viewsROTTWEILERS

Nantes on 11:41 - Feb 9 by tonysoprano

The player took a private flight to say good bye to his ex work colleagues . What on earth has that to do with either clubs insurance ? If you or I go on a flight or on holiday you pay for your own insurance , it's nothing to do with your work is it .

I'd insure a £15M asset if it were my business.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Nantes on 12:43 - Feb 9 with 412 viewsspudgun

Nantes on 11:41 - Feb 9 by tonysoprano

When a player transfers to another club, I imagine the new club will add the player to a multi- player insurance policy, insuring him against serious injury and the like. I believe Cardiff insure individual players for up to £16m each, and Sala`s deal was finalised two days before his tragic accident. He would therefore have been routinely added to the club insurance.

The club insurance will obviously cover against private injury, or in this case worse. Cardiff will claim on their insurance policy, and have to settle with Nantes at some stage. The fact that he was on a private journey is probably immaterial.

Bordeaux, apparently, are also due a large percentage of fee due to a sell-on clause.
Nantes on 13:36 - Feb 9 with 407 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I know in American sports it's quite common for clubs to have individual insurance on players. They tend to ban the players from doing things like extreme sports etc.... Remember one player got fine big time by his club for getting injured playing hockey in the garden with his kids.

Anyway sadly looks like this is going to get very messy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47172509

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024