Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter 16:34 - May 20 with 3646 viewsMrSwerve

4 year deal.

Bugger.

[Post edited 20 May 2019 16:37]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:56 - May 20 with 1029 viewslondonlisa2001

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:46 - May 20 by jasper_T

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00123414/filing-history

Happy to help.

Those accounts are almost a year out of date.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:58 - May 20 with 1012 viewsPrivate_Partz

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:55 - May 20 by KGriz16

Fantastic.

F*ck Potter. We offered him everything, he didn't wanna know once the big league came calling. Swansea bigger than him, any players who don't wanna be here can go too. F*ck 'em

You honestly think the Yanks offered him everything? Do you trust them? Are we in good hands?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:03 - May 20 with 977 viewsNeath_Jack

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:58 - May 20 by Private_Partz

You honestly think the Yanks offered him everything? Do you trust them? Are we in good hands?

They offered to make him one of the highest paid managers in this division (according to BBC Wales).

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:04 - May 20 with 967 viewsOldjack

This will be a bridge to far for the mercenary ,I hope they sink faster than the titanic ,kantsssss

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:05 - May 20 with 962 viewsPrivate_Partz

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:56 - May 20 by londonlisa2001

Those accounts are almost a year out of date.

Indeed. Do you want a stab at the current situation Lisa? I appreciate this could turn into 15 pages of counter argument if you do :-)
The point I am making is we could be multi millions in debt but should that stop us modestly strengthening the squad whilst we offload the big earners. Particularly if there is a bloody big rich Hedge Fund sitting in the background that could cover the deficit whilst the Ayew Bros etc are off loaded in the meantime.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:07 - May 20 with 950 viewsjasper_T

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:52 - May 20 by Private_Partz

Doesn't help at all. Any of those on here professing to have knowledge of such have widely differing views. Read the endless threads when Shakey and Lisa used to lock horns.
Now strop dodging the column. What are YOUR views? There were a few questions there. After all you always claim to be ITK. ;-)

I've never claimed to be itk as you are well aware.

My view is that we're making big operational losses, as every relegated team does, and most of the division routinely do.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:08 - May 20 with 927 viewsBillyChong

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:05 - May 20 by Private_Partz

Indeed. Do you want a stab at the current situation Lisa? I appreciate this could turn into 15 pages of counter argument if you do :-)
The point I am making is we could be multi millions in debt but should that stop us modestly strengthening the squad whilst we offload the big earners. Particularly if there is a bloody big rich Hedge Fund sitting in the background that could cover the deficit whilst the Ayew Bros etc are off loaded in the meantime.

The hedge fund that hasn’t spent a dime in 3 years
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:08 - May 20 with 919 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's be honest, he lied to the fan base right from the start when he said he was happy with the squad. He said that whilst knowing what was happening.

It still amuses me how one fist pump to the East Stand, or a quick kiss of the badge can win over so many without any success to warrant the adulation.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:09 - May 20 with 926 viewsAngelRangelQS

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:03 - May 20 by Neath_Jack

They offered to make him one of the highest paid managers in this division (according to BBC Wales).

The problem is people will believe what they want to now.

They’ll disregard that but if the BBC had reported that the owners wanted to bring back Tony Bird to play up front next season it would have become gospel
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:16 - May 20 with 873 viewslondonlisa2001

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:05 - May 20 by Private_Partz

No. As I’m in a position where I see figures.

I will just say this.

The club are in an extremely tight, but manageable financial position. However, it is my understanding that in this particular situation, not withstanding some of the mismanagement that has happened in the recent past, the club did everything that could reasonably be expected to try to keep Potter. It wasn’t good enough, as ultimately, a manager with ambition wants to try their hand in the premier league. I think his team, the people around him, will attempt to portray him in a light which avoids accusations being made against him, which will lead to insinuations about lack of backing. But for once, I think we should ignore them.

Short of a promise to throw enough money at the squad to make promotion, or at least a play off position, almost a given, I don’t think anything would have kept him, and I believe the club would have been deeply irresponsible to do that in the absence of further funding from the owners, and I have seen nothing to date to suggest they have any interest in making such funding available.

Just my view.

I think he’s been a good manager this season. But he’s not the chosen one. My interest is firmly on the next appointment for us. Let’s see what happens (and no, I don’t know). As for him. Whatever. Brighton are as likely as anyone to come down.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:17 - May 20 with 868 viewsPrivate_Partz

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:07 - May 20 by jasper_T

I've never claimed to be itk as you are well aware.

My view is that we're making big operational losses, as every relegated team does, and most of the division routinely do.

You don't know either do you? :-)
I am only saying a few modest signings last season could very well have got us into the play offs at least. We were that close.
We don't know how much debt we are currently in but most opinions on here suggest it is an improving situation.
Instead we have lost our manager due to the lack of ambition of the club and the refusal of the owners to support the club financially in any way.
If fact I would say we are seen by them as just a nuisance to be off loaded with minimal effect on their Hedge Fund.

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter (n/t) on 18:20 - May 20 with 845 viewsPrivate_Partz

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:16 - May 20 by londonlisa2001

I will just say this.

The club are in an extremely tight, but manageable financial position. However, it is my understanding that in this particular situation, not withstanding some of the mismanagement that has happened in the recent past, the club did everything that could reasonably be expected to try to keep Potter. It wasn’t good enough, as ultimately, a manager with ambition wants to try their hand in the premier league. I think his team, the people around him, will attempt to portray him in a light which avoids accusations being made against him, which will lead to insinuations about lack of backing. But for once, I think we should ignore them.

Short of a promise to throw enough money at the squad to make promotion, or at least a play off position, almost a given, I don’t think anything would have kept him, and I believe the club would have been deeply irresponsible to do that in the absence of further funding from the owners, and I have seen nothing to date to suggest they have any interest in making such funding available.

Just my view.

I think he’s been a good manager this season. But he’s not the chosen one. My interest is firmly on the next appointment for us. Let’s see what happens (and no, I don’t know). As for him. Whatever. Brighton are as likely as anyone to come down.

Thanks for that detailed reply Lisa. I hope you are right and there has been a change of heart at the club and we did offer Potter some optimistic forward planning.
I think the lack of any financial support from the owners is a major worry now, and for the future until they have gone.
We then have the worry about what replaces them as I doubt there will be much due diligence done in their efforts to minimise damage to their Hedge Fund.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 18:25]

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:20 - May 20 with 841 viewsDippy

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:16 - May 20 by londonlisa2001

I will just say this.

Just my view.

I'm in agreement with Lisa, he's not the chosen one, as portrayed on here. I'm not particularly bothered he's gone, he was alright whilst here, but had many flaws, especially defensively

Poll: Cooper Out

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:23 - May 20 with 832 viewsAngelRangelQS

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:17 - May 20 by Private_Partz

I am only saying a few modest signings last season could very well have got us into the play offs at least. We were that close.
We don't know how much debt we are currently in but most opinions on here suggest it is an improving situation.
Instead we have lost our manager due to the lack of ambition of the club and the refusal of the owners to support the club financially in any way.
If fact I would say we are seen by them as just a nuisance to be off loaded with minimal effect on their Hedge Fund.

The problem is though that a few modest signings probably costs you £10-£15m in transfer fees alone.

Ryan Woods was being touted at £7m and would he have been that much better than Grimes?

There’s an awful lot of team in this division chucking money at it. We could have spent £30m and it wouldn’t have guaranteed anything
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:24 - May 20 with 822 viewsdickythorpe

Spot on Dippy.
Very limited and the PL will expose how exposed he is.
Good luck to him changing tactics at half time as well

Bastard money grabber!
[Post edited 20 May 2019 18:24]
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:27 - May 20 with 804 viewsswan65split

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:17 - May 20 by Private_Partz

"Instead we have lost our manager due to the lack of ambition of the club and the refusal of the owners to support the club financially in any way."

Doesnt fit with what we were told a few years back does it?!
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:28 - May 20 with 793 viewsswan65split

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:52 - May 20 by Neath_Jack

F*ck him, the f*cking worm.

And well done Trev, DO NOT buy players just to keep the computer championship managers happy. I'd rather have a club in leagues one or two than no club at all.

On we go...

I dont play computer games !
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:30 - May 20 with 780 viewsPrivate_Partz

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:20 - May 20 by Dippy

I'm in agreement with Lisa, he's not the chosen one, as portrayed on here. I'm not particularly bothered he's gone, he was alright whilst here, but had many flaws, especially defensively

I think most of that came about as result of a threadbare squad. Of course he wasn't the chosen one but he got us back to playing an excellent passing game.
Who will replace him is the worry for me. I fear we will all look back fondly at Celina's Man City goal as the final highlight of our succsful period as a new era of decline continues.

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:30 - May 20 with 786 viewsexhmrc1

I will just say this.

Just my view.

I understand you are limited in what you can say but Pearlman has talked about a 30 million hole. Clearly there will be considerable savings with the out of contract players and hopefully those like the Ayews the club would like to move on. Is there going to be a need to sell to eliminate the debt or will the savings in wages cover the situation.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:35 - May 20 with 744 viewsPrivate_Partz

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:23 - May 20 by AngelRangelQS

The problem is though that a few modest signings probably costs you £10-£15m in transfer fees alone.

Ryan Woods was being touted at £7m and would he have been that much better than Grimes?

There’s an awful lot of team in this division chucking money at it. We could have spent £30m and it wouldn’t have guaranteed anything

No guarantees in football. I am talking of a few signings. Need not have exceeded 10'm plus use of loan market.
Cracked record I know but what happened to 'next level' and 'able to take the hit of relegation'?

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:41 - May 20 with 716 viewsDippy

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:30 - May 20 by Private_Partz

I think most of that came about as result of a threadbare squad. Of course he wasn't the chosen one but he got us back to playing an excellent passing game.
Who will replace him is the worry for me. I fear we will all look back fondly at Celina's Man City goal as the final highlight of our succsful period as a new era of decline continues.

Yep, I'm worried about the replacement, hopefully it isn't Toshack.. I'm struggling to think who we can attract

Poll: Cooper Out

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 19:09 - May 20 with 671 viewsOldjack

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 18:41 - May 20 by Dippy

Yep, I'm worried about the replacement, hopefully it isn't Toshack.. I'm struggling to think who we can attract

There's plenty of washed up mangers out there who'll give it a go for peanuts

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024