Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The world loves a trier 23:05 - Jul 31 with 2061 viewskiwidale

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49186402

Best bit is this....

"What a time to be alive," said David Childs, while SteveSeagull wrote: "Well done, it's like the man on the moon, you always know where you are or were when Fort William won."
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 23:07]

This is not the time for bickering.

The world loves a trier on 23:36 - Jul 31 with 1997 viewsShun

Tbf if Spotland had views like their ground has I wouldn’t be too fussed how many games we lost.
The world loves a trier on 08:48 - Aug 1 with 1792 viewsfrenzied

im sure many of us have played for teams at 11 or 5 a side which were dreadful..i can remember at about 17 yrs of age playing for a 11 a side team..we failed to win a single game for 2 seasons..some dreadful scorelines..15 nil...18..1 and my favourite 26..2..im sure it was more its just that the ref lost count..our keeper and central defender fell out resulting in our defender deliberately scoring an own goal..oh happy days!!

Had a nice kit though!!

Then playing a few yrs later for a pub team who organised a trip to Holland to play some sides there...oh dear...someone didn't do their research..we turned up to play in proper stadiums against semi pro teams..definitely NOT pub standard..got annilated..we didn't even have a kit that matched looked liked a right bunch of scruffs..i played at right back and got substituted after 20 mins..their left winger was miles quicker than me..and sober!!

In our final game the our Dutch hosts announced as the game came to a close.."please give a round of applause to the Turnpike Inn..their only here for the beer!"

You guys must have similar tales?
The world loves a trier on 10:08 - Aug 1 with 1709 viewssoulboy

More shoddy football journalism from the BBC, saying FWFC are professionals. Apart from that, well done on winning and as pointed out on an earlier post, the ground is in a beautiful setting.
The world loves a trier on 10:24 - Aug 1 with 1678 viewsSuddenLad

I was at the Arbroath v Alloa Athletic match last Saturday. Literally at the sea edge. Beautiful day, the wall of the terracing behind the goal is only just above waist height, so it's possible to chat to people passing-by, watch the families on the beach, the passing pleasure boats, or even watch the football. Any balls hoofed over the stand, will end up in the sea.

Finished 3-2 to Alloa Athletic, (Bet Fred cup), attendance 550, half-time golden gamble 'pot' was £144, pies were £2 ( and delicious, with a wide choice, (including steak and black pudding), coffee was £1.20 served in a proper cup, people smoking - some spliffs - and the atmosphere was excellent.

We all changed ends at half-time, reminiscent of the old days at Spotland, with the the 20 or so Alloa supporters being marshalled by a male steward who appeared to have come out of a long retirement for the purpose, wearing the obligatory ill-fitting fluorescent gilet. (M. Macron take note)

Not brilliant quality football, but entertaining nonetheless. Couple of decent goals amongst the 5, some utterly shocking defending, (far worse than we have seen of late) a decent ref, and all for £15.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The world loves a trier on 20:00 - Aug 1 with 1450 viewsdogboy

Remember staying in Dundee one late summer and walking past Tannadice walked into the ground and saw Dundee Utd v Real Sociedad (behind closed doors) sat in the stands nobody bothered. Following week went to see East fife v Winsford Utd attendance 36. Next up Rangers came to Dundee like an invasion well that's Scottish Football brilliant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024