Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales home games 17:52 - Aug 29 with 4802 viewsSgorioFruit

having worked in Cardiff this last month I can 100% confirm that all Wales competitive games should be played at the Millennium stadium (or whatever its called now) as opposed to the Cardiff City stadium. Failure to do so means failure to grow and failure for many missing out.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Wales home games on 23:16 - Aug 29 with 1035 viewsGaryjack

Wales home games on 23:13 - Aug 29 by TNT

Only before The Millenium was built.

What the fvck has that got to do with it!
Wales home games on 23:32 - Aug 29 with 980 viewsTNT

Wales home games on 23:16 - Aug 29 by Garyjack

What the fvck has that got to do with it!

Everything.

We'd never had a neutral ground 'til The Millenium.

So, to go back to a league ground was a backward step imo. The Euros success should have been a catalyst for an even brighter future, at a neutral ground.

I've seen one at The Liberty, but if we can't play at The MillStad, I'd rather have a venue built in Builth / Mid Wales for Sport, Rock Concerts, etc. so The Gogs get a fairer crack of the whip too.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Wales home games on 23:45 - Aug 29 with 957 viewsTNT

Wales home games on 23:32 - Aug 29 by TNT

Everything.

So, to go back to a league ground was a backward step imo. The Euros success should have been a catalyst for an even brighter future, at a neutral ground.

I've seen one at The Liberty, but if we can't play at The MillStad, I'd rather have a venue built in Builth / Mid Wales for Sport, Rock Concerts, etc. so The Gogs get a fairer crack of the whip too.

Ah, you've gone! Nos da, Gar.

We could have Eisteddfodau and The Royal Welsh there too... and the Welsh Ladies team is taking off, too. Not rocket science, just a bit of vision to build a stadium in mid-Wales, and you'd get your money back in spades, mun.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Wales home games on 23:45 - Aug 29 with 956 viewsraynor94

Wales home games on 22:51 - Aug 29 by TNT

Seen every Wales game at The Millenium, not one at scumdiff city ground (because it's their shithole).

WFA missed a trick since the Euros success.

Not missed a Swans league nor cup game at scumdiff since '76... as it's their fking shithole league ground, not where I want to watch my international team.

I think you are taking the rivalry far to literally, I think the best thing England did was take games to different grounds when Wembley was being rebuilt.

The Liberty should be used as well for friendlies and games where attendances are not expected to exceed 20k, spread it around

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales home games on 23:48 - Aug 29 with 946 viewsGaryjack

Everything.

But you've watched Wales at the Lib after the Mill stad was built, but won't go to CCS, yet quite happily went to Ninian to watch Wales?
Wales home games on 23:48 - Aug 29 with 949 viewsbuilthjack

Wales home games on 23:45 - Aug 29 by TNT

We could have Eisteddfodau and The Royal Welsh there too... and the Welsh Ladies team is taking off, too. Not rocket science, just a bit of vision to build a stadium in mid-Wales, and you'd get your money back in spades, mun.

I will get it sorted

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales home games on 23:58 - Aug 29 with 940 viewsGaryjack

Wales home games on 23:45 - Aug 29 by TNT

It would be an excellent idea to build a stadium in the middle of a country of 3m people, where the population is sparsest in the extreme. You must stop having these visions. Nos da!
Wales home games on 01:23 - Aug 30 with 920 viewsNotLoyal

Wales home games on 19:03 - Aug 29 by builthjack

The atmosphere is great for Wales games. If our stadium had been expanded when they had the chance, games could be played at the liberty. But its too small. Thanks Jenkins.
I will support Wales wherever they play. Its what you do.

Yeah, but mate you are nearly in North Wales, the waters all to fück, has a drastic affect.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Wales home games on 03:30 - Aug 30 with 896 viewsWanderer

Stick my two bobs worth in, it is a shitty experience watching a game in a 40-50% full environment, pick the stadium as per the expected crowd to turn up (if that can be done), and lastly every tournament campaign there must be a game (at least one) in North Wales and Swansea.
Wales home games on 07:07 - Aug 30 with 841 viewsjacks777

Wales home games on 19:04 - Aug 29 by Cooperman

Aye, same here. 60,000 plus for meaningless friendlies.

Lol that was against Finland and Brazil and had more to do with the millennium stadium novelty factor.
If anyone really thinks Wales is potentially one of the best supported countries in Europe then they must be barking.
England probably are the best supported country in Europe, probably the world.
Wales home games on 07:11 - Aug 30 with 841 viewsTim_Harry

Wales home games on 23:45 - Aug 29 by raynor94

I think you are taking the rivalry far to literally, I think the best thing England did was take games to different grounds when Wembley was being rebuilt.

The Liberty should be used as well for friendlies and games where attendances are not expected to exceed 20k, spread it around

100% agree with that. Games should be spread around the country as much as possible. More games in Swansea and Wrexham.

But then again, the president of the FAW is the Cardiff City season ticket holder who overturned a blatant red card so that the Cardiff captain could play in the FA Cup final, so I'm guessing he'll do anything to help his club.
Wales home games on 14:50 - Aug 30 with 726 viewsCooperman

Wales home games on 07:07 - Aug 30 by jacks777

Lol that was against Finland and Brazil and had more to do with the millennium stadium novelty factor.
If anyone really thinks Wales is potentially one of the best supported countries in Europe then they must be barking.
England probably are the best supported country in Europe, probably the world.

Wales once attracted the unofficial mantle of best supported nation in Europe.

It wasn’t just the MillStad effect; a combination of having a sporting icon (according to some) at the helm, an upwards trajectory for the team along with a decent ticket pricing strategy all pushed up the attendances to levels never seen before. So certainly a case of realising the potential of a capital city and the surrounding urban zones of South Wales. None of us can be held responsible for the inflated prices quoted since although the package deals for home qualifiers is a step in the right direction.

You’re too busy reading Fantasy Wives to know all this though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wales home games on 14:59 - Aug 30 with 726 viewslonglostjack

Wales home games on 14:50 - Aug 30 by Cooperman

It wasn’t just the MillStad effect; a combination of having a sporting icon (according to some) at the helm, an upwards trajectory for the team along with a decent ticket pricing strategy all pushed up the attendances to levels never seen before. So certainly a case of realising the potential of a capital city and the surrounding urban zones of South Wales. None of us can be held responsible for the inflated prices quoted since although the package deals for home qualifiers is a step in the right direction.

Fantasy Lives more like.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Wales home games on 22:43 - Aug 30 with 657 viewsEvanski

Wales home games on 23:48 - Aug 29 by builthjack

I will get it sorted

Hands off Builth, we'll have it in Aber. That way, when the local rabble get tonked 10-1 at home by TNS it'd at least be in a decent ground. 👍

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Wales home games on 23:01 - Aug 30 with 646 viewsbuilthjack

Wales home games on 22:43 - Aug 30 by Evanski

Hands off Builth, we'll have it in Aber. That way, when the local rabble get tonked 10-1 at home by TNS it'd at least be in a decent ground. 👍

My mate Lukey Boundford is playing for your lot now

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales home games on 05:22 - Aug 31 with 596 viewsjacks777

Wales home games on 14:50 - Aug 30 by Cooperman

It had everything to do with the millennium stadium.
Where I used to live the local football club would run 4 buses to the early matches at the millennium stadium with 80 % of those people on the buses not interested in the football at all.

Do you honestly think Wales would get 66,000 for a friendly V Finland these day ? Not a chance even if they gave the tickets away.

You obviously are to busy looking into having plastic surgery on that ugly mug of yours to understand the reality of what happened in those days.

You must also be on crack if you think Wales could attract the kind of support that England does.
Wales home games on 06:49 - Aug 31 with 582 viewsCooperman

Wales home games on 05:22 - Aug 31 by jacks777

It had everything to do with the millennium stadium.
Where I used to live the local football club would run 4 buses to the early matches at the millennium stadium with 80 % of those people on the buses not interested in the football at all.

Do you honestly think Wales would get 66,000 for a friendly V Finland these day ? Not a chance even if they gave the tickets away.

You obviously are to busy looking into having plastic surgery on that ugly mug of yours to understand the reality of what happened in those days.

You must also be on crack if you think Wales could attract the kind of support that England does.

Why do you keep bringing England up for?

Wales home games on 07:08 - Aug 31 with 573 viewsjacks777

Wales home games on 06:49 - Aug 31 by Cooperman

Why do you keep bringing England up for?

Why shouldn’t I. Why do you constantly talk shite ?
Wales have never been the best supported football nation in Europe.
The millennium stadium was a huge factor back in those days and the fact that it has a capacity of 74,000 compared to counties such as Italy, Spain who move international fixtures around different stadiums, many of which don’t have particular large capacities.

That’s not to mention at that time Wembley was being rebuilt and England were playing at places like Sunderland, Villa etc.

You sound like a Cardiff fan trying to make the case that Cardiff are a huge club ffs.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 8:58]
Wales home games on 09:10 - Aug 31 with 535 viewsCooperman

Wales home games on 07:08 - Aug 31 by jacks777

Why shouldn’t I. Why do you constantly talk shite ?
Wales have never been the best supported football nation in Europe.
The millennium stadium was a huge factor back in those days and the fact that it has a capacity of 74,000 compared to counties such as Italy, Spain who move international fixtures around different stadiums, many of which don’t have particular large capacities.

That’s not to mention at that time Wembley was being rebuilt and England were playing at places like Sunderland, Villa etc.

You sound like a Cardiff fan trying to make the case that Cardiff are a huge club ffs.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 8:58]

Go back and read the first sentence in my first response to you. Did you not see the headlines when they were written at the time or did you simply not believe them? Which one is it?

As for MillStad influence then I don’t think I said that it wasn’t a huge factor; it wasn’t the only factor though. Again go and read my words.

Finally I never mentioned Cardiff either although I did understand the drivel that you typed in your last sentence prior to your edit nearly two hours later.

Wales home games on 09:25 - Aug 31 with 528 viewsjacks777

Wales home games on 09:10 - Aug 31 by Cooperman

Go back and read the first sentence in my first response to you. Did you not see the headlines when they were written at the time or did you simply not believe them? Which one is it?

As for MillStad influence then I don’t think I said that it wasn’t a huge factor; it wasn’t the only factor though. Again go and read my words.

Finally I never mentioned Cardiff either although I did understand the drivel that you typed in your last sentence prior to your edit nearly two hours later.

Cheap tickets yes there was. The reality is without the millennium stadium factor even with cheap tickets the attendances would have been where they normally were - fairly poor.
By 2005 and the novelty factor wearing off attendances were in the 30,000’s.

Also the reason why wales left to go to legoland was because they found themselves playing in a stadium that was way to big.
Wales home games on 11:31 - Aug 31 with 498 viewsCooperman

Wales home games on 09:25 - Aug 31 by jacks777

Cheap tickets yes there was. The reality is without the millennium stadium factor even with cheap tickets the attendances would have been where they normally were - fairly poor.
By 2005 and the novelty factor wearing off attendances were in the 30,000’s.

Also the reason why wales left to go to legoland was because they found themselves playing in a stadium that was way to big.

You didn’t reply to my first paragraph so I will draw my own conclusions as to why.

Wales home games on 11:34 - Aug 31 with 494 viewsItchySphincter

Everything.

Millennium is egg.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wales home games on 11:56 - Aug 31 with 484 viewsjacks777

Wales home games on 11:31 - Aug 31 by Cooperman

You didn’t reply to my first paragraph so I will draw my own conclusions as to why.

I don’t need to read some headline to know that Wales isn’t the best supported nation in Europe.
In fact you’d have to be as thick as f*ck to believe it.
I rest my case.....😂
Wales home games on 12:55 - Aug 31 with 476 viewsjackforever

Wales home games on 19:03 - Aug 29 by builthjack

The atmosphere is great for Wales games. If our stadium had been expanded when they had the chance, games could be played at the liberty. But its too small. Thanks Jenkins.
I will support Wales wherever they play. Its what you do.

Yeah because spending tens of millions on an extension we wouldn't fill just so Wales could play there would be a great help for the club
Wales home games on 13:20 - Aug 31 with 458 viewsNotLoyal

Wales home games on 12:55 - Aug 31 by jackforever

Yeah because spending tens of millions on an extension we wouldn't fill just so Wales could play there would be a great help for the club

We would have filled it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024