Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how long will the owners give Nigel? 14:23 - May 3 with 691 viewshemingway

Our esteemed owners (no sarcasm intended - to their credit they have wiped away our debts) have declared their loyalty to the manager, and have stuck by him when many directors would have not.

But I would imagine that their patience will not last forever. They have said that they will give him a few quid to spend in the summer, and have promised money back for fans not happy with his purchases (I suggest they provide more than just a few quid in that case).

But how long do they give him to make it work?

Nothing would surprise me. For example, I would fully expect that, if we're doing badly at xmas, they will sack him. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me to see him still in charge even after another poor season - if they really see him as part of a long-term plan, then that would make sense.

But this is football and I've always said that once a manager's job becomes untenable, NOTHING can save them; and that has been proved time and again.

I really hope Nigel makes it work this time. I really thought he'd done it earlier in the season when we were taking teams apart.

Will he make it to xmas? Thoughts?

ranting for the greater good

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024