Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER 22:59 - Aug 21 with 1440 viewsAndyCole

It's surely time now to stop deflecting and focus all eyes wide open on Martin, our failing, failed manager.

Threads today deflecting blame on the Owners is such the red herring right now. A pathetic sideshow which ofc drew in the gullible, as per.

The light is now shone incandescently on the MANAGER, the failing, flailing on the ropes without style nor grace, Russell Martin.

Martin's most recent PR nonsense shows why he has to go tomorrow. This, together with all the reasons already addressed ad infinitum by some of the top posters on this site over the past months.

The deflectionism by Martin and the Meek Martinistas here is now beyond embarrassing. Neither of whom have yet to proffer any cogent rationale for sticking with brand Martin. Martin waffles and deflects - just like the Martinistas here. Utterly cringe, in so many ways.

Winter is now a mute CEO who has thrown all his eggs in Martin's basket case of a 'process', playing strategy, and pyss poor man-management mumbo jumbo nonsense. Winter is also turning a blind eye, just like the meek Martinistas here.

All this gumpf about: he needs 10 games. FFS he's had several 10 games too many to show and shmooze. Surely the hardest of thinking can now See, eyes wide shut ? 

Martin out, tomorrow........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 23:06 - Aug 21 with 1428 viewsKeithHaynes

Isn’t going to happen AC.
I realise the whole thing frustrates numerous fans, but I’m just being realistic.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 23:31 - Aug 21 with 1379 viewsmagicdaps10

Take a step back AC.

It never goes well when you post when angry and annoyed, if you want to get your points across then aim it at Martin rather than the cheap digs at posters.

The only thing you are doing is fuelling your anger, take a breather 👍
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 23:32]

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 23:32 - Aug 21 with 1375 viewsAndyCole

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 23:06 - Aug 21 by KeithHaynes

Isn’t going to happen AC.
I realise the whole thing frustrates numerous fans, but I’m just being realistic.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I know differently Keith, as you know.

Martin and his clan is an economic sunk cost.

As such the Club is looking at ways to move forwards, as economically prudent, as per.

Many low cost options are in place and readily available, which will leverage existing resources. A no-brainer for the not so hard thinking.

You will also know that papers were written up last Autumn and that those same papers have been recently refreshed.

It's plain as day what needs to be done, right now.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 00:19 - Aug 22 with 1340 viewsDr_Parnassus

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 23:31 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

Take a step back AC.

It never goes well when you post when angry and annoyed, if you want to get your points across then aim it at Martin rather than the cheap digs at posters.

But his point is that people are intentionally deflecting blame.

So last season it was 10 games.

Then 20 games.

Then the rest of the season because he didn’t have a pre season.

Then 10 games of the next season.

Now that is looking a lost cause… let’s blame the owners.

It’s so transparent. Time is up chaps. Time to face the music and post with honesty.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 08:17 - Aug 22 with 1259 viewsonehunglow

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 23:31 - Aug 21 by magicdaps10

Take a step back AC.

Well,at least he is angry.Many are past it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 09:20 - Aug 22 with 1197 viewspete

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 08:17 - Aug 22 by onehunglow

Well,at least he is angry.Many are past it

our old Ceo trevor Birch went to the usa and 1 of the owners could not be bothered to meet up with him, he had the current owners read correctly and soon after helping Cooper get funding went to Spurs, what is the current c e o doing to help the club, manager ?
The manager now knows what he has (unless someone is sold) so he HAS to look at himself and play to the strength he has a no brainer but make NO mistake and ask your your selff , "why did they buy the club what is in it for them why do they not come to watch there must be something in it for them clearly not the football?
A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 09:47 - Aug 22 with 1153 viewsBoundy

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 09:20 - Aug 22 by pete

our old Ceo trevor Birch went to the usa and 1 of the owners could not be bothered to meet up with him, he had the current owners read correctly and soon after helping Cooper get funding went to Spurs, what is the current c e o doing to help the club, manager ?
The manager now knows what he has (unless someone is sold) so he HAS to look at himself and play to the strength he has a no brainer but make NO mistake and ask your your selff , "why did they buy the club what is in it for them why do they not come to watch there must be something in it for them clearly not the football?

"why did they buy the club what is in it for them why do they not come to watch there must be something in it for them clearly not the football?
The kudos of being in and amongst the big Clubs of europe : Man City Liverpool etc , playing in the most watched league in the world with all its riches , not being part of it wasn't part of the plan , now atm their stuck with us an annoying little inconvenience .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 09:50 - Aug 22 with 1148 viewscadleigh

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 09:20 - Aug 22 by pete

Unless you subscribe to the utterly bizarre conspiracy theories that say the shareholders are taking money out of the club under the noses of the auditors, HMRC etc etc, the answer is ‘they are playing a long game’. Their money is safe as long as the club doesn’t get relegated again, as they are always just one season away from promotion back to the EPL at which point their shares will be worth more than they were when they bought them, they can sell up and probably make a 10% profit overall, which is better than they would have achieved just by banking the cash.

Hopefully it is now clear to them that they scored a spectacular own goal in not backing Cooper when he asked for a quality striker. I don’t think that will make them more likely to open their wallet for Martin, though, as Silverstein will have explained to them just how bad he is.

My guess is that they are withholding most of the Downes money to pay off Martin and his team.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Login to get fewer ads

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 11:00 - Aug 22 with 1085 viewspete

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 09:50 - Aug 22 by cadleigh

Unless you subscribe to the utterly bizarre conspiracy theories that say the shareholders are taking money out of the club under the noses of the auditors, HMRC etc etc, the answer is ‘they are playing a long game’. Their money is safe as long as the club doesn’t get relegated again, as they are always just one season away from promotion back to the EPL at which point their shares will be worth more than they were when they bought them, they can sell up and probably make a 10% profit overall, which is better than they would have achieved just by banking the cash.

Hopefully it is now clear to them that they scored a spectacular own goal in not backing Cooper when he asked for a quality striker. I don’t think that will make them more likely to open their wallet for Martin, though, as Silverstein will have explained to them just how bad he is.

My guess is that they are withholding most of the Downes money to pay off Martin and his team.

morning Cadleigh, actualy i am not one of the conspiracy theorists but i wonder why they bought the club, they do not look as if they want promotion and looks like they have not learned from Gwydolin, , BoB ,Clemant,Potter, Cooper do they?, the last 2 have shown with the right backing what they can do, unfortunatly with other clubs, How much have they ACTUALY put into the club loans aside? and all i was asking is what are they here for as they have not been seen for nearly 2 yrs at least they are not what i would call football people you of course may and thanks for taking the trouble to reply and best wishes from west Wales
A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 11:19 - Aug 22 with 1045 viewscadleigh

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 11:00 - Aug 22 by pete

morning Cadleigh, actualy i am not one of the conspiracy theorists but i wonder why they bought the club, they do not look as if they want promotion and looks like they have not learned from Gwydolin, , BoB ,Clemant,Potter, Cooper do they?, the last 2 have shown with the right backing what they can do, unfortunatly with other clubs, How much have they ACTUALY put into the club loans aside? and all i was asking is what are they here for as they have not been seen for nearly 2 yrs at least they are not what i would call football people you of course may and thanks for taking the trouble to reply and best wishes from west Wales

It’s such a big consortium, I am sure that there are multiple motivations for investing in the club. Mindy, for example, comes across as a genuine (if arms-length) supporter of the club. Others no doubt wanted a slice of EPL reflected glory. I am certain that K, L and Larry Berg plan to build a trans-Atlantic, pan-sport (football and basketball) conglomerate capable of attracting global sponsorship.

None of them show any interest in fast returns. It’s taken years to turn around DC United but between 2015 and 2021 that club’s value and revenues both doubled (google Forbes/Soccer’s most valuable MLS clubs to stand that one up). As I said, it’s a long game for them and as long as the brand isn’t drowning in debt they’ll be happy enough with things as they are.

I don’t for a moment think that K&L care a jot about the club, or the sport, or the supporters. But I do think they’ll turn the taps on when they think the moment is right and we have a manager capable of getting us back to the EPL with a fighting chance of staying there.

Now Silverstein is another matter. He cares about the sport and he is proud of his association with the club. He’s the one to watch.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 11:20]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 11:26 - Aug 22 with 1022 viewspete

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 11:19 - Aug 22 by cadleigh

It’s such a big consortium, I am sure that there are multiple motivations for investing in the club. Mindy, for example, comes across as a genuine (if arms-length) supporter of the club. Others no doubt wanted a slice of EPL reflected glory. I am certain that K, L and Larry Berg plan to build a trans-Atlantic, pan-sport (football and basketball) conglomerate capable of attracting global sponsorship.

None of them show any interest in fast returns. It’s taken years to turn around DC United but between 2015 and 2021 that club’s value and revenues both doubled (google Forbes/Soccer’s most valuable MLS clubs to stand that one up). As I said, it’s a long game for them and as long as the brand isn’t drowning in debt they’ll be happy enough with things as they are.

I don’t for a moment think that K&L care a jot about the club, or the sport, or the supporters. But I do think they’ll turn the taps on when they think the moment is right and we have a manager capable of getting us back to the EPL with a fighting chance of staying there.

Now Silverstein is another matter. He cares about the sport and he is proud of his association with the club. He’s the one to watch.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 11:20]

Hi again Cadleigh, and thanks for the reply, okm i take your point about long term etc BUT for me they HAD 2 managers that with the correct backing could have done something, Look what Potter is doing, Cooper ha got forest to the top but the amount of cash they are throwing at improving the side is for me frightning, but the point is where was the backing for those 2 guys when, in one case we could possibly have got there without the play offs, anyway thats my thoughts on it, but interesting to have other points of veiw
A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 11:35 - Aug 22 with 982 viewsjasper_T

A Very Big incandescent light shone on the MANAGER on 11:00 - Aug 22 by pete

"The right backing" always seems to mean more, more, more money spent when the club is operating on a tight budget and the messaging post-relegation has been that we intend to be sustainable.

When owners put money into their clubs its almost always in the form of loans that may or may not be written off/paid back down the line. Not all owners charge interest but I can't imagine many part-owners are gifting large sums to companies. That's why so many clubs end up with a hundred million or more of long term debt, if you decide to ignore loans few owners in football ever "invest".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024