Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Make or break 09:42 - Jan 3 with 682 viewsjiggyjag

Well I have to hold my hand up after the xmas period and say I was wrong I never expected to get 1 point never mind the full 9

So from the start we had and the last few games we can compete with any team when we have our full strength team out but sadly lack any strength in depth which has been obvoius based on our poor run we had.

Surely I ain't the only one to notice this and I ask the question what are the board going to do about it, surely now is the time to show some commitment to the loyal fans.

We cannot carry on hoping all players stay fit for the rest of the season only if we bring some quality in can we be considered as play off hopefulls and really give it a good go this season.

If they fail to show the fans any commitment during the Jan window then I feel this will be the last straw for a lot of fans.

They always said players had to leave 1st but with Bywater gone and Pearson likely to follow plus maybe Leacock as well this allows the door to open for new signings not just young future players we already have enough of them we need some real quality

Please give us fans something that we deserve as we will back he club even more than we already do
Make or break on 09:58 - Jan 3 with 676 viewshemingway

I wouldn't hold your breath for big spending - a couple of loans, maybe. Mind you, Callum Ball feels like a new signing.

I just hope we can keep our key players fit after the injury nightmares of earlier in the season.

ranting for the greater good

Make or break on 10:25 - Jan 3 with 671 viewsRabbram10

We are only two points outside the playoffs & only ten points away from a automatic place ( couple of wins here for us & a few losses there for the others), we need to push on now?
Going into the second half of the season, this is our best opportunity ever to push the boat out & go for broke!
Two or three quality players in might just swing it in our favour irrespective if we ship out five or six or not?!
Let's see the commitment from the owners, surely they can see we need to strengthen & can't depend on keeping the present players fit until the season end!
I don't think the Fans can back this club anymore than they already do, the fans are doing a fantastic job, the board ain't?
Make or break on 13:20 - Jan 3 with 656 viewshemingway

Make or break on 10:25 - Jan 3 by Rabbram10

We are only two points outside the playoffs & only ten points away from a automatic place ( couple of wins here for us & a few losses there for the others), we need to push on now?
Going into the second half of the season, this is our best opportunity ever to push the boat out & go for broke!
Two or three quality players in might just swing it in our favour irrespective if we ship out five or six or not?!
Let's see the commitment from the owners, surely they can see we need to strengthen & can't depend on keeping the present players fit until the season end!
I don't think the Fans can back this club anymore than they already do, the fans are doing a fantastic job, the board ain't?

It's simply not going to happen.

The owners have a plan, and it's this: there is a certain amount of money available for players, and a sustainable level of wages we can pay.

If we are to get promoted, it has to be within that financial framework.

Is it worth going over budget for a risk that probably won't come off? History tells us that 19 times out of 20 it isn't - that's how clubs get into serious debt.

If we spend big and don't go up, it just means we'll have even less money to play with next season, and we'll have YET ANOTHER season of slashing the wage bill and fighting relegation.

2 weeks ago we were looking at a possible dogfight. A couple of bad results and we would be back down to earth with a very big bump again.

I am sick of the financial messes we have had to deal with over the decades. I'd rather have loan signings and slow progress than boom and bust. And for that reason I applaud the owners' caution.

Just because someone has the words "football club owner" next to their name doesn't mean they should get up every morning and start merrily chucking good money after bad.

So if you're expecting us to start spending millions this week, forget it.

ranting for the greater good

Make or break on 13:26 - Jan 3 with 653 viewsRabbram10

You don't have to spend millions, bring in a few affordable quality players on loan & have a go!
We don't need to break the bank, surely there are players out there not playing who could come to us on loan & help the team out, we might then have an outside chance of going up?
Make or break on 14:52 - Jan 3 with 640 viewstaffyram

Make or break on 13:26 - Jan 3 by Rabbram10

You don't have to spend millions, bring in a few affordable quality players on loan & have a go!
We don't need to break the bank, surely there are players out there not playing who could come to us on loan & help the team out, we might then have an outside chance of going up?

We all eventually want to make it back to the Premiership but I wouldn't be happy going up unless it was with a squad which I felt would have at least a fighting chance of staying up - our last experience in the top flight was embarassing and unpleasant!
There's no doubting that there's progress over last season (not difficult) but in all honesty how many of the players involved yesterday against Hull would be definite starters in those teams currently occupying the lower half of the Premier League. Barker & Brayford & possibly Green, Bryson & Ward but in my view that's it.
Maybe in a season or two more in the Championship some of the youngsters might be ready for the step-up. There's only one place to play and that's in the top division but I for one do not want to go through the humiliation again - watching MOTD was sheer torture
Make or break on 15:16 - Jan 3 with 636 viewsBalsallRam

Totally agree with comments about being ready & able to cope with the premiership if we did go up. I know we all want to go up ASAP but we have to be able to stay there & hold our heads up & not as per the last embarrassing season
I think we have to stick with Nigel, we can see the benefits now of the youth policy & hopefully foundations are being built & this time not on financial sand !
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Make or break on 17:00 - Jan 3 with 617 viewszhabba

Make or break on 15:16 - Jan 3 by BalsallRam

Totally agree with comments about being ready & able to cope with the premiership if we did go up. I know we all want to go up ASAP but we have to be able to stay there & hold our heads up & not as per the last embarrassing season
I think we have to stick with Nigel, we can see the benefits now of the youth policy & hopefully foundations are being built & this time not on financial sand !
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I agree too, I can't really envisage a scenario where we could cope with being in the Prem next season. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a top-half finish this season, and that would be good progress after last time. Clough likes to evolve a side rather than overhaul it, but I think that approach means there's still likely to be a couple in during the window. Bywater is off the wage bill now, and also Anderson and Kilbane. If Pearson goes plus maybe Leacock and even a couple of others, then surely there's some scope for players coming in. It wouldn't surprise me to see Green going for a fee in January rather than waiting for the summer, unless they can get him to agree to a new contract. And there are still a few holes in the squad - even Nigel has mentioned the shortage of fullbacks in the past, and we'd all like to see an established striker (but I won't hold my breath on that one).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024