Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congrats to Nigel Clough 21:50 - Jan 7 with 1201 viewsdavram

....He's been a Championship manager now for 3 years today; rather longer than many more fancied (& "qualified") chaps have managed at this level. He's got through a fair bit of graft in that time.

Summary story here:

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Younger-fitter-stronger-boss-believes-Rams/sto

The Rams did put on a rather Jekyll & Hyde performance today - definitely a game of two halves - to dispose of Crystal Palace on their way to Wembley.

As usual, they pressed & pushed forward inmmediately, and got an early goal. Prompted by the tireless Bryson, Palace didn't get in a goal attempt until the game was a quarter gone, and the Rams generally snuffed out Palace without truly dominating.

But they fiddled & farted about with ultra slow thinking and passing - little of it could be called committed attacking - and seemed to allow themselves to get pushed back further as the game "progressed".

Even retaining the ball without just passing it back to Palace in the later stages seemed to be fairly difficult for most of the players, but the Eagles were disappointing in the final third and couldn't take advantage of indifferent application by several of the Rams players.

A win, a clean sheet, Cup progress - I'll take that.

I've got a suspicion that quite a few more Rams fans might even have a half-full glass now & raise it in a toast to Nigel & his Rams team, rather than keep on bleating about a half-empty football experience....

Cheers to you, Nigel.

Where will we be after 3 more years, folks? How satisfied are you with things at DCFC and your lot as a Rams fan at the start of another year for Nigel?

Congrats to Nigel Clough on 19:32 - Jan 8 with 1182 viewshemingway

I think at the start of the season most of us would have taken 9th with a shout at the play-offs at this stage.

More important, though is that we seem to be building from the grass roots - the emergence of young talent has been really encouraging.

I would love some more money to spend on players, but I value financial stability over risk-taking.

I don't think Nigel gets it right all the time, but I'm please we're sticking with him. He wants to play football the right way and he wants to build a club, not just a team. And neither of those is easy when you're always trying to cut costs.

In 3 years? I would want to be in the prem with a team that can stay there. 3 years sounds just about right for that.

ranting for the greater good

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024