Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another excuse 16:53 - Jan 9 with 1019 viewsjiggyjag

Derby County manager Nigel Clough says he is reluctant to sign players in January even though he knows he is not blessed with defensive options.

Any player we try to sign will have to prove his worth to get into the team, surely nobody will expext to walk straight in especially after the recent revival.

All we are getting is negative vibes not one which shows the club have an ounce of ambition.

Another excuse on 17:18 - Jan 9 with 1017 viewstaffyram

I don't see anything wrong with new aquisitions having to justify themselves. The problem with the loan market is that players move on loan because they want to get games under their belt either following injury or to put themselves in the shop window - they have to be better than those already in the team otherwise they won't get a game unless the regular guy loses form or gets injured.
Makes sense and I don't see it as a negative - isn't that the problem at the moment with Doyle, Cywka & McGuire.
Another excuse on 17:51 - Jan 9 with 1010 viewsRabbram10

Let's be honest Taffy it's NOT exactly a Positive either is it?
I think it is an excuse just to palm us all off because they have NO intentions of strengthening the team & NEVER have done during this window!
I agree that throwing money at it willy nilly isent necessarly the answer but at least show some ambition & give us poor fans something to shout about!
Another excuse on 20:49 - Jan 9 with 996 viewsdavram

Another excuse on 17:51 - Jan 9 by Rabbram10

I think it is an excuse just to palm us all off because they have NO intentions of strengthening the team & NEVER have done during this window!
I agree that throwing money at it willy nilly isent necessarly the answer but at least show some ambition & give us poor fans something to shout about!

Well, I can hear you shouting happily about the Rams' 4 wins on the spin, as I sit at home nigh on 50 miles from the fair (if sleepy) city of Derby, Rabb!!
Another excuse on 09:51 - Jan 10 with 988 viewshemingway

Another excuse on 17:51 - Jan 9 by Rabbram10

So if/when we bring in a couple of decent loans this month will you accept that they had EVERY intention of strengthening and ALWAYS did during this window?

I want to strengthen as well. But bringing in bodies for the sake of it is pointless. I want decent loan players, not just blokes in shirts.

ranting for the greater good

Another excuse on 11:43 - Jan 10 with 985 viewsjiggyjag

They can't possibly be thinking of bringing in players who aren't any better than the players we already have.

The only way the club can show any ambition is to bring in some real quality this is the only way us fans will feel like we are finally being given something back.

All I am hearing is players may have to leave like Green cause we can't offer him a decent contract now how many times have we heard that and I can't blame him for wanting to go should a club offer him a few grand more a week.

The board will be happy with our position becasuse if we hadn't won those games over xmas and we were in the bottom 5 then they would of had to go out and bring players in just like last season.

In my opinion they will be happy for us to see out the season and finish mid table even finishing 1 place above last season will be classed as a productive season.

Although with the start we had and our current form in my opinion it will be a missed opportunity.
Another excuse on 12:34 - Jan 10 with 979 viewsRabbram10

Quality Loan Players that's the answer, will there b any?????????!!!!!!!!!
Yip Hemmy if they bring in a few quality players I will concede defeat to my Peers!!
Another excuse on 13:28 - Jan 10 with 973 viewshemingway

Another excuse on 12:34 - Jan 10 by Rabbram10

Quality Loan Players that's the answer, will there b any?????????!!!!!!!!!
Yip Hemmy if they bring in a few quality players I will concede defeat to my Peers!!

I kind of agree, though - quality loans in January, hard to come by.

I'd settle for 2 great full backs, a playmaker, and a dazzling right winger. (Doesn't hold breath . . .)

ranting for the greater good

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024