Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just don't get it 11:17 - Jan 12 with 948 viewsjiggyjag

"We'll play it by ear but we are in no hurry to do anything.

"It is a nice conundrum to have because I think, each transfer window we have gone into, supporters have thought we need two or three players.

"When you win a few games, those questions become fewer and the need is less urgent.

"If it is a loan after the window, some time in February, that's fine but the most important thing is that we concentrate on moving players out.

"We have still got three or four to move out who will give us a bit of breathing space to bring one or two in."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days are ticking away and we are seeing even more signs that there will be no players coming in but likely that one of our better players will be leaving.

Aren't the board going to be happy another transfer window passed and they have managed to save even more money and even better they have reduced there wage bill even further.

I applaud you and will stick to watching away games so I know my money isn't going to people who don't deserve it.

Just don't get it on 11:41 - Jan 12 with 941 viewshemingway

I hear you. I'm in danger of agreeing with Rabb about something.

Are we really going to base our predictions for the rest of the season on the last 4 games? What about the previous 10?

The problems we had will reappear as soon as someone is injured, or when Green goes.

The men holding the purse strings are seem to be going to rely on emergency loans rather than something more substantial. It doesn't send out the right signals at all, to the fans or to the other players.

I totally understand that it's better to do your real business in the summer - and I wasn't expecting us to splash money about - but I also think we need a bit more preparation than "we'll wait and see, then when it goes wrong we'll panic and sort it out as best we can".

You basically need 2 players in every position in your squad. In our full-back positions we barely have one.

ranting for the greater good

Just don't get it on 12:35 - Jan 12 with 933 viewsRabbram10

Surely when the team is doing well, that is the best time to strengthen, bring Quality players in to mix along with players who are already at the maximum confidence levels!
Waiting until we have a few injuries or players lose form is totally the wrong scenario IMO?
I do hope we can move out Croft, Leacock & Cwyka but I would like to see Green stay on, he's playing well at the minute & getting fitter each game he plays, but it looks like he will be on his way for the right fee probably £250K to £500K will secure?
That's Derby County FC for you, predictable as the weather lol!!!!!!!!
Just don't get it on 12:52 - Jan 12 with 933 viewsjiggyjag

I agree and having the attitude that only when we are put in a situation that we need players will we attempt to bring anyone in is rediculous.

Lets see come the end of Jan how many teams in the top 10 who as we stand all have a real chance of promotion invest in new players.

I can guarantee that most of them will and these are teams with a far less fan base than us and with nowhere near the potential of financial backing we have.

We prefer a good balance sheet than a healthy league position
Just don't get it on 14:45 - Jan 12 with 922 viewshemingway

Just don't get it on 12:52 - Jan 12 by jiggyjag

I agree and having the attitude that only when we are put in a situation that we need players will we attempt to bring anyone in is rediculous.

Lets see come the end of Jan how many teams in the top 10 who as we stand all have a real chance of promotion invest in new players.

I can guarantee that most of them will and these are teams with a far less fan base than us and with nowhere near the potential of financial backing we have.

We prefer a good balance sheet than a healthy league position

That's exactly it - having 11 fit players should not be seen as something you only need in an emergency.

I appreciate that we need to get certain players off the wage bill; but in the meantime there are games to be played, and for those we need a proper squad.

I wonder what Nigel would be saying had we lost our last 2 games. It all sounds very short-termist - which goes against his overall policy.

I know he doesn't control the money, but if he don't squeak, he ain't gonna get oiled.

Just don't get it on 15:24 - Jan 12 with 917 viewsBalsallRam

Could it be a case of Nigel & Tom playing their cards close to their chests.... they tell us we've no money... not looking for players.... bang we sign a stella forward, midfielder & full back cover before ayone else has picked up a card..... no... oh well
Just don't get it on 15:35 - Jan 12 with 913 viewsjiggyjag

Just don't get it on 15:24 - Jan 12 by BalsallRam

Could it be a case of Nigel & Tom playing their cards close to their chests.... they tell us we've no money... not looking for players.... bang we sign a stella forward, midfielder & full back cover before ayone else has picked up a card..... no... oh well

If nothing like this had happened in the past then maybe we could think it was possible that quality signings would be made but as always the below will happen.

1. Better players will be sold
2. Poor replacements will be brought in to play 2 or 3 games then leave.
3. We worked hard behind the scenes to bring players in but fell short in terms

It reminds me more of the film Groundhog Day to be honest
Just don't get it on 15:38 - Jan 12 with 912 viewshemingway

Just don't get it on 15:35 - Jan 12 by jiggyjag

If nothing like this had happened in the past then maybe we could think it was possible that quality signings would be made but as always the below will happen.

1. Better players will be sold
2. Poor replacements will be brought in to play 2 or 3 games then leave.
3. We worked hard behind the scenes to bring players in but fell short in terms

It reminds me more of the film Groundhog Day to be honest

On one hand you can't spend money you don't have; on the other hand if you live from hand to mouth in football terms you'll get relegated.

Just don't get it on 20:27 - Jan 12 with 892 viewsdavram

Just don't get it on 15:38 - Jan 12 by hemingway

On one hand you can't spend money you don't have; on the other hand if you live from hand to mouth in football terms you'll get relegated.

Yep - Groundhog Day is a classic cultural reference here, and one that has already been made occasionally during fans' appraisals of DCFC's recent seasons.

To some extent, it's the way that football generally has been going, with the default financial setting of many clubs being to spend well beyond their needs.

Derby County finally got quite good at playing the system last year, with Jamie, Theo & Frankie signing and subsequently becoming bona fide Rams heroes to a fair proportion of the fanbase.

They don't yet seem to be willing to speculate similarly so far this season, and will probably be hoping that the native "customers" still have that warm football feeling from the Rams' excellent recent form.

Overall, I'd suggest that it's good that DCFC has reversed that trend in a fairly spectacular way so far during the GSE era, especially with the Financial Fair Play rules looming large in club boardrooms near & far.

But I'd pay top dollar to see Tom Glick replacing the other Tom in a remake of Groundhog Day...maybe rescripted to encompass the world of football (sorry, soccer).

As long as the funds raised contributed directly to player squad improvement at DCFC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024