Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts from Oz 17:58 - Jan 21 with 1029 viewsBazzanne

Just got back on Friday, I thought that I would share my thoughts on what I saw during my 19 weeks in UK.

OK Hillcroft left preseason. Lots of clubs lose managers but don't go into free fall.

Ok we lost players.
WISEMAN good player but not irreplaceable.
DONE should have been easy to find an adequate replacement.
DAWSON big loss but we should have been able to get good league 1 standard replacement.
COG hard to find like for like, but still a good replacement should have been found.
No goalkeeper, Hills fault really let OFW go, no replacement but then Hilly was rubbish with goalkeepers generally.

Steve Eyre took over and virtually killed this club stone dead. His close season signings where rubbish, some bizarre, most useless. I believe that SE has consigned this club to league 1 and possibly worse if something isn't done soon.
His team selections were bad, tactics unfathomable and substitutions predictable.

My thoughts on the players I've seen are

DEFENCE more holes in it than a parisian tarts fishnet stockings.

Kurucz good but not ours.
Lucas ours but not good.
Darby good but not ours.
Holden and Jordan past their best, League 1 at best Conf better. P45s
Holness never rated him and still don't. P45
BBM only saw him "play" left back he isn't a LB and never will be. P45
Widdowson best of the back line by a mile. would love to see him given a chance up forward left wide. Keep.
Amankwaah only saw for a couple of minutes against Stevenage. He came on as I was leaving. couldn't take any more.

MIDFIELD helps neither defence nor attack.
Kennedy tries hard worth keeping.
Jones heart as big as the Town Hall,but in hindsight should have been let go.
Tutte the best midfielder but let down by the dross around him. Keep.
Thompson should have gone years ago P45.

ATTACK soft powderpuffs who couldn't score in a bar full of nymphos.

Grimes too small needs some big guys around him and better service. Keep and work with him.
Adams runs hot and cold like some of the English plumbing. Keep/P45 undecided.
Akpa Akpro runs around a lot full of energy, but mostly gets nowhere Keep but needs work.

Bog not ours.
Ormerod not ours. not much point rating these two. They won't be with us for long.

To the "supporters" who gather at away games to chant puerile and obscene comments to any passing female, officials and players. You are a disgrace to the club. Your schoolboy and childish comments don't help the image of the club or the town, and make s yourselves look like morons.

To the Dale faithful who week in week out brave the cold and wet conditions to watch some of rubbish being served up, you have my unreserved admiration and I wish you all the very best.

I will continue to listen to daleplayer ( at 1 30 am) and hope for some improvement. Didn't get it today. Beech not the answer. But then who could win matches with this lot!

Up the Dale
Thoughts from Oz on 18:16 - Jan 21 with 974 viewsdalenumber2

I agree with your assessment of the players completely, although would maybe put Adams in the "keep and give him some TLC and work with him" category. Let's hope that when you are next tin the UK it will be a more positive experience for you at Spotland.
Thoughts from Oz on 18:26 - Jan 21 with 944 viewsdaleyounggun

Some very good posts there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024