Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman's achievements? 16:56 - Jan 23 with 2398 viewsBainesy15

As good a manager as he may well be, what has John Coleman ever achieved? He has previously admitted to taking stanley as far as he possible could - which is 7th in League 2. I know we're desperate to stay up but as these hopes are becoming increasingly far fetched shouldn't we be preparing to come straight back up again?!
Coleman's achievements? on 17:02 - Jan 23 with 2344 viewsBrierls

Go on, I'll have a nibble...

Coleman's time at Accy has seen them achieve several promotions, taking them from the Northern Premier League First Division to the Football League. Reaching the Football League should have halted the progress considering the budgets Accy are competing against, but Coleman's tenure has seen Accy improve their league position in every season that he has been in charge.

If that isn't enough to impress some people, then I really don't understand their selection criteria for a good appointment.

(Taken from a previous reply)
Coleman's achievements? on 17:03 - Jan 23 with 2327 views1907

Sign out and delete your account. Seriously.
Coleman's achievements? on 17:03 - Jan 23 with 2313 viewsbarryroch

Are you joking........... what has he achieved ? 12 years at the same club.....started in northern premier......promoted all the way through to football league............play-off,s last season.......and all on probaly the smallest budget football has ever seen.......that,s what he has achieved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coleman's achievements? on 17:04 - Jan 23 with 2299 viewsdalenumber2

For goodness sake.............
Coleman's achievements? on 17:09 - Jan 23 with 2261 viewsKIPAX

Coleman's achievements? on 17:04 - Jan 23 by dalenumber2

For goodness sake.............

In the 12 yrs coleman has been at stanley he has done what no other manager in english football has ever done.. he has improved the clubs position every season never ever going backwards once... even if it was just a point higher than the previous season...thats massive... 12 season improving either a little or a lot.

Thats a fact...
Coleman's achievements? on 17:09 - Jan 23 with 2243 viewsBeechy

Some people just can't brace themselves
Coleman's achievements? on 17:10 - Jan 23 with 2226 viewsdalenumber2

Coleman's achievements? on 17:09 - Jan 23 by KIPAX

In the 12 yrs coleman has been at stanley he has done what no other manager in english football has ever done.. he has improved the clubs position every season never ever going backwards once... even if it was just a point higher than the previous season...thats massive... 12 season improving either a little or a lot.

Thats a fact...

I agree - and 99% of us know what a good deal we have got unlike the original poster - just ignore the odd negativity please.
Coleman's achievements? on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 2197 viewschuckleberry

Coleman's achievements? on 17:10 - Jan 23 by dalenumber2

I agree - and 99% of us know what a good deal we have got unlike the original poster - just ignore the odd negativity please.

Think we've all been wooshed...
Login to get fewer ads

Coleman's achievements? on 17:18 - Jan 23 with 2169 viewsReedy

I go and watch Accy whenever Dale are away, and over the past few years (since Conference North days) he has produced superb teams on the tightest of budgets, all of which play superb, flowing, attacking football. No kick and hoof rubbish!
He turns water into wine (and the best wine) he takes average players (at best) and makes them much better (in the same way HillCroft worked) However, he has much more managerial experience than those two, and won't be afraid to dip into non-league to find players.
I firmly believe he is the best man for us, long term.
Everytime I watched Stanley, they played with fight, spirit and passion for the shirt, and everyone would run through a brick wall for John and Jimmy. Something that has been lacking all season.
You go on the Accy forum, and see how upset they are about losing a football genius. That's what we have got, a football genius.
Type Accrington Stanley into Wikipedia, and you will what he has achieved.

Blog: The FA Cup

Coleman's achievements? on 17:25 - Jan 23 with 2119 viewsColDale

Accy were at the same level as Rushall Olympic currently are when he took over. I've never heard of Rushall Olympic. If someone could transform Rushall Olympic into a side challenging at the top end of League Two, I'd say he (or she) might be worth the odd plaudit.
Coleman's achievements? on 17:29 - Jan 23 with 2094 viewsdalenumber2

Coleman's achievements? on 17:18 - Jan 23 by Reedy

I go and watch Accy whenever Dale are away, and over the past few years (since Conference North days) he has produced superb teams on the tightest of budgets, all of which play superb, flowing, attacking football. No kick and hoof rubbish!
He turns water into wine (and the best wine) he takes average players (at best) and makes them much better (in the same way HillCroft worked) However, he has much more managerial experience than those two, and won't be afraid to dip into non-league to find players.
I firmly believe he is the best man for us, long term.
Everytime I watched Stanley, they played with fight, spirit and passion for the shirt, and everyone would run through a brick wall for John and Jimmy. Something that has been lacking all season.
You go on the Accy forum, and see how upset they are about losing a football genius. That's what we have got, a football genius.
Type Accrington Stanley into Wikipedia, and you will what he has achieved.

Hurrah! Can't wait for him to get started!
Coleman's achievements? on 17:30 - Jan 23 with 2072 viewssandylaner1

Coleman's achievements? on 17:03 - Jan 23 by 1907

Sign out and delete your account. Seriously.

you heard the man
Coleman's achievements? on 17:32 - Jan 23 with 2052 viewsBainesy15

Coleman's achievements? on 17:03 - Jan 23 by barryroch

Are you joking........... what has he achieved ? 12 years at the same club.....started in northern premier......promoted all the way through to football league............play-off,s last season.......and all on probaly the smallest budget football has ever seen.......that,s what he has achieved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In that case I'm sorry he has achieved rather a lot. But has he really got what it takes to keep us in/get us back into league 1?
Coleman's achievements? on 17:35 - Jan 23 with 2023 viewsNotEyreClue

I think you've all been trolled..I refused to reply on the basis that I thought the whole thread was a wind-up but even so it's great to see everyone is behind this appointment. Coleman is exactly what we need in the situation and for what it's worth I absolutely love his attitude towards the game..onwards and upwards!!

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Coleman's achievements? on 17:36 - Jan 23 with 2006 viewsbarryroch

YES
Coleman's achievements? on 17:37 - Jan 23 with 1983 viewsBrierls

Coleman's achievements? on 17:32 - Jan 23 by Bainesy15

In that case I'm sorry he has achieved rather a lot. But has he really got what it takes to keep us in/get us back into league 1?

The same answer applies...

"Coleman's time at Accy has seen them achieve several promotions, taking them from the Northern Premier League First Division to the Football League. Reaching the Football League should have halted the progress considering the budgets Accy are competing against, but Coleman's tenure has seen Accy improve their league position in every season that he has been in charge.

If that isn't enough to impress some people, then I really don't understand their selection criteria for a good appointment."

I don't care if you're a troll, I don't think I'll tire of posting the achievements of our new manager (pending compensation!) for all to see!
Coleman's achievements? on 17:38 - Jan 23 with 1974 viewsBeechy

Coleman's achievements? on 17:32 - Jan 23 by Bainesy15

He's got more than what Eyre and Beech have
Coleman's achievements? on 17:40 - Jan 23 with 1963 viewsukidale07

Not even appointed yet and already at him
Coleman's achievements? on 18:40 - Jan 23 with 1850 viewssmudger

Ok, but apart from being one of the longest serving managers for a single team, taking Accy from strenght to strenght all on a shoe string budget, and earning the total respect of all the players who have ever worked under him. What else have the Romans...... sorrry Coleman ever done!!!!!

I hope you have a large keep net sunshine, you caught quite a few there.
Not that much ground bate thrown in either.
Coleman's achievements? on 18:48 - Jan 23 with 1808 viewsD_Alien

And I quote:

"If the sum of your ambitions is to manage in League Two with a club who are on a small budget, I think our club wouldn't benefit from it.

"If our club didn't realise I was ambitious we'd possibly still be in the UniBond."

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024