Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfers! 16:07 - Jan 26 with 1900 viewsRabbram10

Gone:
Bywater
Anderson
Leacock
Pearson
Croft
Cywka
Martin

Possibles:
Green?
Bailey?
Maguire (Loan)?

In:
Noble (Loan)

Looks a bit lopsided to me guys????!!!!
Transfers! on 16:54 - Jan 26 with 1891 viewshemingway

It's supposed to be lopsided - the idea was to lower the wage bill and improve quality. Get 6 mediocre ones out to get 2 good ones in.

That's how I always read it.

ranting for the greater good

Transfers! on 17:04 - Jan 26 with 1889 viewsRabbram10

So your saying Noble is a good one then, without actually having seen him play yet?
Where's the other one then you did say two good ones?
Transfers! on 17:46 - Jan 26 with 1887 viewszhabba

Transfers! on 17:04 - Jan 26 by Rabbram10

So your saying Noble is a good one then, without actually having seen him play yet?

We're starting to look a bit light on numbers, regardless of the quality.

Looking at our current side, we've got the following.

GK - Fielding - cover Legzdins
Back Four - Brayford, Barker, Shackell, Roberts - cover Buxton, Naylor
Mid - Green, Bryson, Bailey, Ward - cover BDavies, Hendrick
Forwards - Robinson, Ball - cover Maguire, SDavies, Tyson, Noble, Doyle, Bennett

So that's a squad of 22, 8 of which (9 if you count Ward) are forwards.
Transfers! on 19:46 - Jan 26 with 1873 viewshemingway

Transfers! on 17:04 - Jan 26 by Rabbram10

I think as loan strikers go he's probably as good as was available. But I don't think strikers are our problem at the moment.

We definitely needed to ship out most of the players who have gone - but I agree about the numbers. We are looking light, and I'm not delighted with the idea of emergency loans.

I've said on another thread that I'm worried about numbers - but there were always going to be more leaving in this window than coming in.

On an entirely unrelated matter, today I went slightly mental and bought a Fender telecaster Baja classic player in blonde finish for not much less than £600 (ouch), and I plan a weekend of guitar madness, so no one's going to get me down today. I even love you today, Rabb.

Transfers! on 20:30 - Jan 26 with 1864 viewsRabbram10

Happy Strumming Hemmy lol!!!!
Transfers! on 20:45 - Jan 26 with 1862 viewsdavram

Transfers! on 20:30 - Jan 26 by Rabbram10

Happy Strumming Hemmy lol!!!!

On the contrary, Hem - It's certainly not madness to fork out on a Fender!

So you might share with me the philosophy that a Rams addiction has to be balanced by the musical delights of your choice!

Your own upcoming "signings" might now include CDs by Telecaster masters such as Danny Gatton, Roy Buchanan & Albert Collins; though they're slightly hard acts to follow...

My own musical prelude to the great cup weekend coming up is an evening in celebration of the late, great Irish master of the Stratocaster, Rory Gallagher:

http://www.therobin.co.uk/whats_on/giginfo.asp?gigid=2595

Sunday might be a bit quieter, I think...........
Transfers! on 21:41 - Jan 26 with 1859 viewspaulredf58

Transfers! on 20:45 - Jan 26 by davram

On the contrary, Hem - It's certainly not madness to fork out on a Fender!

So you might share with me the philosophy that a Rams addiction has to be balanced by the musical delights of your choice!

Your own upcoming "signings" might now include CDs by Telecaster masters such as Danny Gatton, Roy Buchanan & Albert Collins; though they're slightly hard acts to follow...

My own musical prelude to the great cup weekend coming up is an evening in celebration of the late, great Irish master of the Stratocaster, Rory Gallagher:

http://www.therobin.co.uk/whats_on/giginfo.asp?gigid=2595

Sunday might be a bit quieter, I think...........

Loved this article - especially the last paragraph!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/mark-steel-palace-l
Transfers! on 10:23 - Jan 27 with 1835 viewshemingway

Transfers! on 21:41 - Jan 26 by paulredf58

Loved this article - especially the last paragraph!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/mark-steel-palace-l

My motto as a guitar player is never play along to a Roy Buchanan record - you'll sound like a tool.

I saw the documentary on Rory Gallagher's Irish tour a few months back. What a gent.

Add Chuck Prophet's Green on Red recordings to the telecaster heroes list imo. Although the great man actually played a Squier!

I have a Squier that someone gave me. It's easy to see why he gave it away. It would probably make good kindling.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024