Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The mythical 40 points 14:03 - Feb 7 with 1619 viewskingo

I can't see any of the current botton 5 getting near to 40 points. For Wigan it would mean getting 24 points in 14 matches when they have only got 16 in 24 so far. Similar for Bolton and Blackburn, a little easier for us and Wolves but not realistic. I can't see Wigan getting more than 25-30 points (an improvement on their form so far) Wolves will get around 31-33 and Bolton about 33-35. So realisticall if we can get 14-15 points we should be ok, 40 points will be mid table.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The mythical 40 points on 12:47 - Feb 8 with 342 viewskingo

Realistically we have 7 games where we have a good chance of a win ; Blackburn, Fulham, Everton, Bolton, WBA, Swansea and Stoke. 4 where we might get a point in Sunderland, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs and 3 where a point is very unlikely away to Man U, CFC and City. Mid table teams usually win their home games but are not so good away and luckily we have several of them at home, although our home form wasn't/isn't that great, I still expect us to do better against Fulham, Everton, Stoke, Swansea than our rivals that have to go away to them.

The mythical 40 points on 12:54 - Feb 8 with 337 viewsqueensparker

The mythical 40 points on 09:29 - Feb 8 by adhoc_qpr

A draw woudn't be a disaster but a loss and a potential slide into the relegation zone would be mentally damaging.

We need a positive result and a performance against Blackburn, otherwise we'll have no momentum or confidence going into the next 3 crucial games.

Injuries throughout the spine of the team are killing us - Macheda the only fully fit available striker, no back up for the dreaded Barton/Derry midfield combo, Fitz Hall likely starting in defence and Paddy Kenny clearly not 100% (think how many points he saved us last season compared to this...).

Is Zamora not fit? Were really going to need him to play every game...
The mythical 40 points on 14:14 - Feb 8 with 324 viewsblacky200

The mythical 40 points on 12:47 - Feb 8 by kingo

Realistically we have 7 games where we have a good chance of a win ; Blackburn, Fulham, Everton, Bolton, WBA, Swansea and Stoke. 4 where we might get a point in Sunderland, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs and 3 where a point is very unlikely away to Man U, CFC and City. Mid table teams usually win their home games but are not so good away and luckily we have several of them at home, although our home form wasn't/isn't that great, I still expect us to do better against Fulham, Everton, Stoke, Swansea than our rivals that have to go away to them.

Wow you are optimistic. I would move Stoke, Fulham and Everton for a draw and Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs to win against us. Still think that would be enough to keep us up though.
The mythical 40 points on 14:17 - Feb 8 with 321 viewskingo

The mythical 40 points on 14:14 - Feb 8 by blacky200

Wow you are optimistic. I would move Stoke, Fulham and Everton for a draw and Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs to win against us. Still think that would be enough to keep us up though.

I didn't say we would win them all but a win in those games is feasable, as is a draw in the others. I expect us to win 4 and draw 4 and hope that 37 is enough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024