Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Noble? 12:53 - Feb 9 with 1149 viewsRabbram10

Back to Sunderland after next Tuesday?
What was the point of this loanee, can somebody enlighten me here please?
He has spent more time on the bench than on the pitch!!!!!!!
Noble? on 13:20 - Feb 9 with 1145 viewsjiggyjag

Don't people realise that the board think that if they bring a player in no matter what the terms are they will think it will make the fans happy.

The only way we will see change is if we hit them were it hurts in there pockets until then they will continue to give false promises and little ambition on the field.
Noble? on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 1143 viewshemingway

Noble? on 13:20 - Feb 9 by jiggyjag

Don't people realise that the board think that if they bring a player in no matter what the terms are they will think it will make the fans happy.

The only way we will see change is if we hit them were it hurts in there pockets until then they will continue to give false promises and little ambition on the field.

Or maybe Noble just wasn't as good as they'd hoped?

I know that isn't what the conspiracy theorists want to hear. But it's a boring old perfectly logical explanation.

ranting for the greater good

Noble? on 14:19 - Feb 9 with 1140 viewsjiggyjag

Noble? on 13:22 - Feb 9 by hemingway

Or maybe Noble just wasn't as good as they'd hoped?

I know that isn't what the conspiracy theorists want to hear. But it's a boring old perfectly logical explanation.

Was he really going to be any better than we already had, simple answer is no he was a reserve player
Noble? on 17:08 - Feb 9 with 1132 viewszhabba

Noble? on 14:19 - Feb 9 by jiggyjag

Was he really going to be any better than we already had, simple answer is no he was a reserve player

Better than what we already had? Probably not.
Fitter than what we already had? Yes, since we'd got Tyson, Davies and Robinson injured, Maguire out of favour and a teenager being our best forward.

So I'm with Hemingway, it's a non-story. We needed short term cover, and we got some. We don't need it so much now, but if Sunderland had let him play in the cup, and if Sunday's game hadn't been called off then maybe he'd have had a few more games by now.
Noble? on 18:35 - Feb 9 with 1125 viewstaffyram

Noble? on 17:08 - Feb 9 by zhabba

Better than what we already had? Probably not.
Fitter than what we already had? Yes, since we'd got Tyson, Davies and Robinson injured, Maguire out of favour and a teenager being our best forward.

So I'm with Hemingway, it's a non-story. We needed short term cover, and we got some. We don't need it so much now, but if Sunderland had let him play in the cup, and if Sunday's game hadn't been called off then maybe he'd have had a few more games by now.

Funny how some fans(???) will find fault with the slightest thing. He was a standby to be used if we had any further injuries to strikers - I think you'll find over his most recent 10 games, his goalscoring record with a Premiership rerserve side far outstrips Callam Ball for example and look how he's grasped his opportunity
Noble? on 19:37 - Feb 9 with 1120 viewsRabbram10

Its funny how some fans ?????????? Seem to find fault with everything that people say that dosent agree with what they think!!!!!!!!!!!
Noble? on 20:24 - Feb 9 with 1116 viewsdavram

Noble? on 19:37 - Feb 9 by Rabbram10

Its funny how some fans ?????????? Seem to find fault with everything that people say that dosent agree with what they think!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that Noble was only ever brought in for short-term "casualty cover", given the fragility of Tyson, Robinson, Davies, etc. The miracle of fitness is approaching for at least one of these pampered menials.

Jamie Ward seems to be the only forward we have that's tough enough to give as good (if not better) than he gets in the Championship, without racking up weeks out of action.

Robinson needs his pace to compensate for his shortcomings in skill & thinking, so he's like Sturridge was if he's injured/not fully fit - out altogether or just ineffective (though Deano had skill with his speed).

Tyson & Davies seem to be softies, and anyway aren't natural goalscorers. Noble is young & preseumably keen to prove himself when given a proper chance.

He (again) seemingly won't get it with Derby, so be prepared for another club to come in for him, give him a good run and see him score a few goals elsewhere...whilst we probably fiddle about with more cheapo unfits/misfits to just get by.

Noble? on 08:40 - Feb 10 with 1102 viewshemingway

Noble? on 20:24 - Feb 9 by davram

It seems that Noble was only ever brought in for short-term "casualty cover", given the fragility of Tyson, Robinson, Davies, etc. The miracle of fitness is approaching for at least one of these pampered menials.

Jamie Ward seems to be the only forward we have that's tough enough to give as good (if not better) than he gets in the Championship, without racking up weeks out of action.

Robinson needs his pace to compensate for his shortcomings in skill & thinking, so he's like Sturridge was if he's injured/not fully fit - out altogether or just ineffective (though Deano had skill with his speed).

Tyson & Davies seem to be softies, and anyway aren't natural goalscorers. Noble is young & preseumably keen to prove himself when given a proper chance.

He (again) seemingly won't get it with Derby, so be prepared for another club to come in for him, give him a good run and see him score a few goals elsewhere...whilst we probably fiddle about with more cheapo unfits/misfits to just get by.

So all those metal plates in his swede make Davies a softie do they??

ranting for the greater good

Login to get fewer ads

Noble? on 10:18 - Feb 10 with 1093 viewsBalsallRam

Noble? on 08:40 - Feb 10 by hemingway

Surely better to have some 'cover' for positions than none at all ? I'm certain people would have been up in arms again as per last season when I was watching our compentent left back playing as our striker :-(
Noble? on 19:02 - Feb 11 with 1066 viewsdavram

Noble? on 08:40 - Feb 10 by hemingway

No, Hem - I didn't say Steve Davies is a softie, though surely he does seem injury prone.

I'll give him credit for his commitment, as we often see that players who get stuck in will regularly come off worse & miss games through injury. Bryan Robson is probably the best example - but gave out some treatment too!

Because DCFC simply will not commit real money to a big tough proven goalscorer, Clough's deployment of his striker resources has often involved playing the likes of Steve Davies as a target man or loan striker - both of which he clearly is not.

That position demands that regular, heavy physical punishment is taken - and dished out in return whenever possible in a generally legal manner - with the archetypes being Mick Harford, Rob Hulse, etc...and potentially Callum Ball.

Ball has taken the urgency out of the Rams' striker situation, at least as far as TG/NC are concerned, but the regular lack of such a powerful forward focus for the team is the difference between 0-0 draws and single goal defeats, which have been quite common, particularly when we've had lightweight strikers.

SD has got metal plates in his cranium through doing his best when up against brutish central defenders, rather than playing as a supporting attacker or wide midfielder. Cywka got similar treatment when he was used as a central striker.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024