Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 8 games 14:06 - Feb 21 with 1301 viewsjiggyjag

Being on another dismal run of 2 pts from a possible 15 what do we expect our return to be from the next 24.

In y opinion we are at the business end of the campaign now and teams are starting to show why they have the potential to be in the play offs if not the automatic promotion places come the end of the season.

I am therefore afraid to say I can't see us getting much from Leicester, Birmingham, Blackpool and Brighton as for Watford and Palace I would expect to see a return of 6 pts from these fixtures.

As for Doncaster away it's anybody's guess maybe a point is the best we can hope for and lastly Forest it's a derby match they are fighting for there lives form goes out of the window if you can call it form both teams have non of late

So I'm going for 8 from 24 and scoring a total of 5 goals
Next 8 games on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 1269 viewsRabbram10

I'll go for Zero!!
Next 8 games on 12:55 - Feb 24 with 1262 viewshemingway

Next 8 games on 10:57 - Feb 24 by Rabbram10

I'll go for Zero!!

Who'd have thought at the start of the season that we'd be gagging to get top scorer Theo Robinson back in the side?

We basically have an okay first 11, who have developed some kind of understanding; but when a couple of them are missing we huff and puff with no end product.

It go either way - if we click again we could go on our third good run of this rollercoaster season; if we don't, we will limp towards safety one scrappy point at a time.

ranting for the greater good

Next 8 games on 13:00 - Feb 24 with 1262 viewshemingway

As an afterthought, our problem is very simple: we just don't have enough good players (or the money to buy any, apparently). I only count 9 from our squad of 20-odd who wouldn't look totally out of place in a promotion-chasing squad. That's about 7 short by my reckoning.

And in this tight division it's also dangerously close to having a squad that's looking over its shoulder at the relegation fight.

ranting for the greater good

Next 8 games on 18:22 - Feb 25 with 1232 viewsdavram

Next 8 games on 13:00 - Feb 24 by hemingway

As an afterthought, our problem is very simple: we just don't have enough good players (or the money to buy any, apparently). I only count 9 from our squad of 20-odd who wouldn't look totally out of place in a promotion-chasing squad. That's about 7 short by my reckoning.

And in this tight division it's also dangerously close to having a squad that's looking over its shoulder at the relegation fight.

Yes, Hem - very few (perhaps 6) of our current squad would be considered a good addition to any of the challenging Championship squads. Fielding, Brayford, Shackell, Barker, Bryson, Ward.

All the rest are disposable, ten a penny Championship players - if that. Maybe that's a bit harsh on Green & Theo, even Roberts (a consistent if limited player)but changes need to be made to this inconsistent squad.

If it's all so glaringly obvious to us, why don't the custodians of the club and the football professionals that manage the team appreciate this and do something about it?

It's not as if it's a new problem, is it?

Answer: lack of money & of "soccer franchise expertise."
Next 8 games on 19:21 - Feb 25 with 1228 viewstaffyram

and worst of all - lack of ambition!!! Says it all about the suits upstairs
Next 8 games on 01:47 - Feb 26 with 1221 viewspremierclass

Next 8 games on 19:21 - Feb 25 by taffyram

and worst of all - lack of ambition!!! Says it all about the suits upstairs

"Who'd have thought at the start of the season that we'd be gagging to get top scorer Theo Robinson back in the side? "

Who wants this?

His contribution on Thursday illustrates why he is not a Championship footballer. No control of the ball and very poor decision-making, whose only virtue is energy/pace.

That he might be missed is an example of how far our sights and expectations have declined under our non-league manager

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024