Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Shocking Performance! 21:58 - Feb 23 with 1292 viewsRabbram10

Was there any Positives to come out of that, no doubt Nigel will find something exciting in it?!
There is a Massive difference in having a young team & having a young team of Quality, unfortunately we have the former rather than the latter?
Can we Win another match this season, I wouldn't bet on it!!!
Another Shocking Performance! on 00:22 - Feb 24 with 1285 viewsdavram

I can't agree that it was a "shocking" performance; were you there?

Just as there is a vast difference between the actual cost of the two teams, the Rams are clearly a team that lack enough players with the ability and vision to make that killer pass and to anticipate/control the ball quickly enough to actually score a goal.

Leicester weathered the early storm and showed Derby how simple it can be to score a goal if you have players that can provide true pace, pinpoint passing and dead-eye finishing.

It was a classic breakaway goal, made to look easy by Green's total lack of pace against his man and the cool accurate finish that was applied to a great cross - and the inexplicable lack of a defender near to the goalscorer.

When you can see a goal like that unfolding before your eyes, so that you know exactly what will happen, you realise just how short the supporters are being sold yet again this season.

I'd argue that no-one had a shocking game, but some players just weren't very effective, against better opponents, despite all their "honest effort".

Tonight's result just once again clearly disproved Clough's pre-match declaration that working much harder than your opponents will make up for lack of class, ability or experience. It didn't, but I can't fault any Derby player for effort.

Good teams make their own luck, but Leicester weren't lucky winners. It's just that Derby don't seem to know what to do with the ball much of the time, so bad luck & results are going to follow them around until the dollar drops with Glick that we need some better, more experienced players, and they have to invest rather more in the sporting side of their commercial franchise. Sod the Plaza.

As TG doesn't know how to recruit his "Director of Football" or help Clough to find decent players, I'm not holding my breath.

At least we might finally get some proper sport in the summer with the Euro Champpionship and the Olympics; it's just when football comes along that the fun stops.........
Another Shocking Performance! on 02:06 - Feb 24 with 1281 viewspremierclass

It must now be doubtful we will improve on last season's final position. The current run of 6 league games without a win equals our worst for the season.

It is far removed from the heady days of Clough's first couple of months when we beat Man Utd in the Carling Cup. Back then we had a player who could turn a game with a moment of individual skill. Who has Clough brought in who could do that? He prefers non-scoring strikers like Tyson - despite the stats plain for all to see before he signs them.

I appreciate the contribution Hendrick, O'Brien and Ball have made this season but there is not a single other player left who I care about or would be disappointed if I did not to see them again in a Rams shirt.

Forty years since my first season ticket I am reduced to apathy by the current owners and management.
Another Shocking Performance! on 09:34 - Feb 24 with 1268 viewsRabbram10

If I had a pound for every time Clough said we were poor in the 1st half but improved in the 2nd I would be able to renew my season ticket for nout!
I heard all that dross after the Barnsley match & it appears to have had no effect on the players at all?
We can't score goals, we ain't even creating scoring chances, the Midfields weak & Barker & Shackell are working overtime every match because of the lack of quality around them, that's it in a nutshell?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Another Shocking Performance! on 10:24 - Feb 24 with 1262 viewsBalsallRam

We seem to be slipping to a season end of lacklustre performances, nothing really to look forward to but promises of 'milk tomorrow' if you buy your season tickets again.... hmm I think the plan is fine... but call me when the products ready !
Another Shocking Performance! on 18:12 - Feb 25 with 1232 viewsdavram

Another Shocking Performance! on 10:24 - Feb 24 by BalsallRam

We seem to be slipping to a season end of lacklustre performances, nothing really to look forward to but promises of 'milk tomorrow' if you buy your season tickets again.... hmm I think the plan is fine... but call me when the products ready !

Yep - I think more & more fans are heartily sick of the continued mantra of "jam tomorrow" from Glick - the news is, tomorrow never comes.

Take a look at how the other Championship teams are now bolstering their squads for a decent run-in; Glick & Clough have already written off this season after all last year's promises.

We have paid up front to see sporting excellence & entertainment NOW - but best wait the London Olympics on TV, eh?

Do we also get the "Sunmmer Refund" offer again this season if Derby again fail miserably to recruit goalscorers & some adequate defensive cover?
Another Shocking Performance! on 19:04 - Feb 25 with 1228 viewsRabbram10

I wrote the season off before it begun, once I seen who we had actually signed, I wasn't impressed & since have been proved right!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024