Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going nowhere 14:33 - Feb 28 with 1248 viewsmarkshepherd

When Nigel arrived my fear was "conference manager conference team".After 3 years are we really going anywhere under Nigel and Tom Glick. We are conference in so many ways. Player recruitment, player selection, tactics. Player recruitment - if Nigel only had £400k to spend in January 2011 why did he sign Ben Davies who is clearly not up to it at this level and is in danger of disappearing without trace. Why put so much effort in to getting Chris Maguire if he does not fit in to the playing system and seems not to be a Clough type of person. Why did we give Crofty a 3 year contract at £12k a week with his past record. What has Thomas Czwyka done. What has Miles Addison done? Is it a coincidence that the current bad run coincides with the arrival of Tom Carroll, an undoubted talent but presently a boy in a mans game. Why has Clough not signed a holding centre forward when everyone and his dog can see what we need.Tactically we are so naive. We play in straight lines so any opponents with a bit of craft find it easy to play through us. We nearly always lose the ball at throw ins. When did we last score from a corner or have an inventive free kick. I am resigned to stunning mediocrity whilst Nigel is here. The Americans just seem content for us to stay in the division until someone comes along and gives them a nice profit.
Going nowhere on 16:50 - Feb 28 with 1238 viewsCaliforniaRam

I'm as confused as you are Mark. We not only need inventive and intelligent players but we also need inventive and intelligent management staff.

I'm sure Ol' Big Ed would have said "If you can't keep the ball and know what to do with it when you've got it you won't get in my team".

The coaching staff have to go. There is absolutely no inventiveness whatsoever from dead ball situations. Their only logic seems to be "hoof the ball into the crowd of players and lets see what the outcome will be". Does any of Nigel's staff have coaching badges? They don't even "sound" intelligent when they get on camera. At least Nigel sounds as though he knows what he is doing even if his logic rarely pays off.
Going nowhere on 17:13 - Feb 28 with 1233 viewsjiggyjag

No other manager would come to Derby with no money for players, Nigel however will just carry on with whatever resources he is given.

I feel next year we may be in Forests position we haven't got a decent side most of them are not good enough or too young we have no experienced good players to help the development of the younger crop coming through.

Any players who were good enough have been sold or will be sold as they do not fit into Nigels plans, yes you have to balance the books but they have gone way beyond that this season without and players coming in.

All this talk of we have identified what we need well it counts for nothing if you don't deliver on promises.

Going nowhere on 17:28 - Feb 28 with 1230 viewsCaliforniaRam

The other day I was watching an exciting game of football on Telly here in USA. The players knew how to use the ball, they knew when to release it, and then they not only knew who to pass it to they actually had the ability to ensure the ball got to that person.

After that game I watched Derby County hoping for much of the same thing. Oh my goodness! What a difference that game was.
Going nowhere on 20:56 - Feb 28 with 1221 viewsdavram

Going nowhere on 17:28 - Feb 28 by CaliforniaRam

The other day I was watching an exciting game of football on Telly here in USA. The players knew how to use the ball, they knew when to release it, and then they not only knew who to pass it to they actually had the ability to ensure the ball got to that person.

After that game I watched Derby County hoping for much of the same thing. Oh my goodness! What a difference that game was.

Yep - the contrast is indeed very stark between watching DCFC from my E Stand seat and almost any other game of football that I happen to see on TV - at whatever level, including Championship & below.

It's always a relief and a reassurance to see players who can pass, hold, trap & shoot a football and play as an enterprising and effective team that actually also provides some entertainment.

But we just don't see it very often with DCFC - not for years.

Instead of "entertainment" as the "E" in GSE, we just get EMBARRASSMENT. Mind-numbingly tedious and ineffective football.

Whatever would Brian have said.....?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024