Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PLAY-OFFS!!! 16:57 - Mar 17 with 1904 viewshemingway

only joking

ranting for the greater good

PLAY-OFFS!!! on 20:22 - Mar 17 with 1892 viewspkay_brum

A little more consistency and more striking power would have netted us another 6-10 points comfortably.

Water-treading is the unwritten rule at PPS, though - the owners don't have the nous or the bottle to operate at Premier League level, do they?
PLAY-OFFS!!! on 21:06 - Mar 17 with 1887 viewsBalsallRam

Clough out.... ;-)
PLAY-OFFS!!! on 06:31 - Mar 18 with 1872 viewsramdanj

Well considering Clough said in after match interview there wont be many new faces coming in for next season - really selling it to the fans.

If the owners just opened the purse a little surely they can see it could reap huge rewards next season.

It's terrible the manager is resigned to this before this season is nearly over.

Shame he can't find a bit of Brian in him and push for investment.

Allons-y!

PLAY-OFFS!!! on 07:25 - Mar 18 with 1871 viewstaffyram

PLAY-OFFS!!! on 06:31 - Mar 18 by ramdanj

Well considering Clough said in after match interview there wont be many new faces coming in for next season - really selling it to the fans.

If the owners just opened the purse a little surely they can see it could reap huge rewards next season.

It's terrible the manager is resigned to this before this season is nearly over.

Shame he can't find a bit of Brian in him and push for investment.

I agree about releasing the purse strings but 'not many' doesn't mean any. Three, maybe four quality signings in key positions is what's required to change us into a serious promotion challenger but, as all fans wonder, will the money be provided by this miserly board............
PLAY-OFFS!!! on 09:42 - Mar 18 with 1865 viewspaulredf58

I have a different take on this: "not many" comment. What it looks like to me is that Clough feels that the major re-building job is over. The dross has been shipped out, the desperate loanees to cover a gap here and there is now unnecessary, the silly little injuries have been mainly sorted and it's now the serious ones that you can't avoid that we are getting now. The team ethos (which includes everybody in the squad) prevails over everything else, everybody must do their stint, and no-one is allowed to "quit" - if they are, they are shipped out. The Academy is progessing well. Now for a bit more improvement here and there which means maybe two or three players who can improve the squad and share the culture of team and "not quitting". Certainly those fans who look for a glam signing to set the pulses racing are going to be disappointed. Anyone expecting a fabulous surge up the table and us playing football a la Swansea is also going to be disappointed - this is the Championship after all where most teams focus on stopping you play. Another season of slight improvement beckons. Don't believe me? Look at what Clough and his team did at Burton and learn....(or despair).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024