Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shackell? 13:31 - Apr 1 with 1517 viewsRabbram10

To be sold to balance the books according to the People Newspaper, theres loyality to the fans from the board, if it's True??!!
Nothing ever amazes me at this club anymore, it won't end until it his crowd r gone!
Shackell? on 19:38 - Apr 1 with 1502 viewshemingway

Yeah, and they can take their multimillion quid interest-free loan that's keeping us afloat with them.

Oh, hang on . . .

ranting for the greater good

Shackell? on 10:51 - Apr 2 with 1482 viewsjiggyjag

And they may make a million pound profit oh how happy they will be lining there pockets

Just confirms yet again that they have no interest on sucess on the field they got rid of the players they needed too to reduce the wage bill now it's happening all again Green will be next

What a joke i'm disgusted
Shackell? on 12:48 - Apr 2 with 1473 viewstaffyram

Shackell? on 10:51 - Apr 2 by jiggyjag

And they may make a million pound profit oh how happy they will be lining there pockets

Just confirms yet again that they have no interest on sucess on the field they got rid of the players they needed too to reduce the wage bill now it's happening all again Green will be next

What a joke i'm disgusted

I just don't buy into this 'lining their pockets' business. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the 'owners' multi-millionaires - if so are they really going to be whooping it up if they can sell a player and make a £1m profit? If balancing the books is required, I doubt it's to give them each a cut of the profit since to them it's small change.
You could argue that, if they're mega-rich, then why not do a Man City, Chelsea or even Leicester? Derby County may be a project and they could be using our club to prove their financial model of sustainability - not exactly exciting for those of us who's passion is the Rams. Frustrating though it is - aren't we relieved we don't follow poor old Pompey?
Shackell? on 14:20 - Apr 2 with 1462 viewspaulredf58

Paper talk - that's what my granddad used to call it. Victor Railton in London used to conjure up all kinds of rubbish in the Evening Post or whatever it was called in those days. My attitude is that I know Nigel keeps fairly quiet until it's a done deal or the player has made it clear they want to go. Until then I don't give any credence to a comic like the People which is designed to keep all of us braindead.
Shackell? on 03:46 - Apr 5 with 1414 viewspremierclass

Shackell? on 12:48 - Apr 2 by taffyram

I just don't buy into this 'lining their pockets' business. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the 'owners' multi-millionaires - if so are they really going to be whooping it up if they can sell a player and make a £1m profit? If balancing the books is required, I doubt it's to give them each a cut of the profit since to them it's small change.
You could argue that, if they're mega-rich, then why not do a Man City, Chelsea or even Leicester? Derby County may be a project and they could be using our club to prove their financial model of sustainability - not exactly exciting for those of us who's passion is the Rams. Frustrating though it is - aren't we relieved we don't follow poor old Pompey?

I am often astonished by posts on message boards but rarely as much as this naive example.
The accounts and recent comments from the club show that the business model is not working. Last summer some of the owners injected £6m as loan capital, which kept the show on the road.The debt increases to £25m.
Selling assets, of which we have few, is one way of removing the need for more "loan capital" being needed.
As for "proving their financial model of sustainability" anyone believing that has been completely taken in by the Snake Oil Man
Shackell? on 21:14 - Apr 5 with 1398 viewsdavram

Shackell? on 03:46 - Apr 5 by premierclass

I am often astonished by posts on message boards but rarely as much as this naive example.
The accounts and recent comments from the club show that the business model is not working. Last summer some of the owners injected £6m as loan capital, which kept the show on the road.The debt increases to £25m.
Selling assets, of which we have few, is one way of removing the need for more "loan capital" being needed.
As for "proving their financial model of sustainability" anyone believing that has been completely taken in by the Snake Oil Man

Remember that Green can't be "sold to balance the books" - he'll just go on a freebie soon enough, if DCFC decide to cut the wage bill further by not making him an acceptable offer to stay. We badly need his quality & energy in midfield.

I consider Shackell to be a solid - but hardly outstanding - defender; big & strong, generally reliable but not infallible - and not worth really any more than we paid for him in my opinion.

Barker is out probably til the 2013-14 season, and only showed his relative class in a few games since his last prolonged absence.

All credit to Jakey B for stepping in and doing such a good job so far - please stay fit!

BH!! I didn't think I'd ever be saying that, but Buxton will run through a brick wall for the cause of his team and is now immortal after his F*rest goal!

Well now - the defence will need a summer makeover, Tom, along with a few other positions in the team and also that very big "Muriel" of the unlucky Barker on the street side of the Toyota stand, me owd mate....

Keep Igor on there, and put Bloomer, Roy Mac, Jackie Stamps or Zak up there instead....hey - shall we have a fans' vote on it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024