Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
60 points 12:46 - Apr 11 with 1757 viewshemingway

Well, it's not the play-offs, and it's not quite what many of us had hoped for back in August, but it is a landmark of sorts. And it's a crucial psychological marker for the players and what they can achieve next season.

It shows that we are really not that far from being a top 6 team. Indeed, had we not melted down quite so spectacularly in the 2nd quarter of the season, we would be sitting up where Blackpool are now.

I just hope that the owners take it on board, and make a little money available in the summer. Yes, we lost £7m this year, but a fair bit of that is down to low attendances - and they will get lower if there is nothing worth watching at PPS next year.

A couple of decent signings this summer, plus our growing band of quality youngsters, might just give us that extra push next year.

So, messrs Glick and co; note, 60 points with 4 games to go represents real improvement . . . now don't blow it.

ranting for the greater good

60 points on 17:04 - Apr 11 with 1743 viewsRabbram10

I agree Hemmy with your sentiments, but it makes me wonder if we had brought in a few quality players during the transfer window, we might have sneaked in to the playoffs, we might still, who knows, win the last 4 games & hope for the best?
The big question is are we ready for the premier, I think not, so maybe another season or two in the Championship might be more realistic!!
60 points on 18:26 - Apr 11 with 1738 viewshemingway

60 points on 17:04 - Apr 11 by Rabbram10

I agree Hemmy with your sentiments, but it makes me wonder if we had brought in a few quality players during the transfer window, we might have sneaked in to the playoffs, we might still, who knows, win the last 4 games & hope for the best?
The big question is are we ready for the premier, I think not, so maybe another season or two in the Championship might be more realistic!!

We're nowhere near ready for promotion. I still haven't recovered from the humiliation of last time. Maybe this time next year . . .

ranting for the greater good

60 points on 13:20 - Apr 13 with 1706 viewsjiggyjag

If the board had any ambition then we would of seen by now there intentions but all they are doing is reducing costs, wage bills etc etc.

Yes we know they had to do this but if they continue to do this all they will do is continue to sell our better players or players who are good enough to play for Derby but won't offer them the contract they deserve to stay.

We could lose Ward and Green and possibly Shackell also Robinson is being watched and wouldn't be suprised if Fielding has been watched also that is a good spine of any team to build round.

Yes we may have progressed on last season but what is the point if you don't continue that season after season that is the only way you are going to stand a chance in the premier to have a stable team.

Can you imagine if we won our last 4 games and we got in the play offs and won the final what would happen next season it would be embarrasing they ain't going to spend £10 - £20 million not a chance

We have had a better season than last and yet the attendences are down on last year surely anybody with half a brain might actually question why.

The paying public want to see results on and off the field well more on the field if I'm honest so unless they see some effort in making us a formidable championship side who has the potential to sustane ourselves in the premiership then I'm afraid the attendences will continue to fall.

I will stick my neck out now that we won't offer improved contracts to players and they will leave and we will sell our better players for a profit, Nothing to shout about in relation to new signings and we will be told a pack of lies again by the board.

I hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024