Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Review of season ! 10:47 - Apr 25 with 2531 viewsBalsallRam

So what do we think ?
I'll give it a 7/10 mark as there are slow but sure signs of improvement.
Plenty yet to do but some real plus's with Bryson & Shackell proving to be great signings & good efforts by Fielding, Roberts, Hendrick,Theo, Davies (S) & Wardy
We definately need cover at LB, MF & a new striker is a must....
So next season... what's our target.. minimum top 6 ?
Review of season ! on 10:53 - Apr 25 with 2527 viewshemingway

I'd agree with 7/10. I'm a little disappointed, but also fairly encouraged. A fit Steve Davies - would he have made the difference? Will Nathan Tyson justify his wages next season? Will Chris Maguire come back and do for us what he did for Pompey?

We need to be challenging for the play-offs next year. I always say that you have to be pretty poor not to make the play-offs - but I think we were a bit better than poor this season.

Broadly speaking we got fairly good performances that weren't always matched by results. We need to be more clinical next year.

The main things we did this season were toughen up at the back, and find some team spirit.

Now, a few worthwhile new signings and we should be nudging top 6 next year.

ranting for the greater good

Review of season ! on 11:52 - Apr 25 with 2519 viewsRabbram10

It turned out better than I thought it would, hooefully we can finish with a win & maybe a top ten finish or just outside?
as far as new signings go it looks like Jack Robinson from Liverpool at Left Back & maybe thus guy Jacobs a Midfielder from Northampton?
That leaves a striker who can score goals consistently & possibly more cover at Center Half?
Next Season I think most fans would be expecting a real effort for at least a top six finish & with a bit of luck with injuries & the correct additions to the squad, we might be in with a shout?!
Review of season ! on 12:13 - Apr 25 with 2516 viewshemingway

Review of season ! on 11:52 - Apr 25 by Rabbram10

It turned out better than I thought it would, hooefully we can finish with a win & maybe a top ten finish or just outside?
as far as new signings go it looks like Jack Robinson from Liverpool at Left Back & maybe thus guy Jacobs a Midfielder from Northampton?
That leaves a striker who can score goals consistently & possibly more cover at Center Half?
Next Season I think most fans would be expecting a real effort for at least a top six finish & with a bit of luck with injuries & the correct additions to the squad, we might be in with a shout?!

Where is Rabb and what have you done with him!?

Review of season ! on 13:02 - Apr 25 with 2509 viewsBalsallRam

Review of season ! on 12:13 - Apr 25 by hemingway

Where is Rabb and what have you done with him!?

lol.....
Yes less of the optimism & sensible debate please ;-)
Review of season ! on 16:02 - Apr 25 with 2499 viewsjiggyjag

We may have improved slightly on the field and this isn't down to the board either we have fallen lucky that our yougsters have been able to step up to the plate, if they hadn't then we would of been in the same position if not worse than last season.

Attendances have gone down which the owners won't be happy with and this will mean selling players to make up the shortfall.

Players for next season we have already been linked with hardly make your mouth water which is par for the course with the current set up.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:20 - Apr 25 with 2496 viewsRabbram10

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Review of season ! on 16:20 - Apr 25 with 2496 viewsRabbram10

Hi Hemmy, I'm keeping Nasty Rabb locked up until the new season gets underway again lol
Review of season ! on 21:13 - Apr 25 with 2488 viewspaulredf58

I am continually surprised at how short people's memories are. Clough inherited a squad of overpaid and demoralised players who were also looking at their 30th birthdays either just before or after. It's been a painful process clearing all the dross out with very few exceptions like Commons who wanted away anyway. Then we had that horrendous injury list when everytime a player sneezed, they ended up in the ITU. Then we had people like Leacock who we couldn't fit into a Kelloggs cornflake packet to give away - we only just managed that a few months ago. And Priskin seems to be the last person through the never-ending revolving door called ' short loans', whihc means that we are finally using our own players instead of someone else's cast-offs to make up the numbers.
And at the beginning of the season we won several games that we had no right to win - Watford was dire apart from a glorious strike by Savies for instance. And it's only in the third end of the season that we have started to play properly as a team. My view is that given all the changes this has been a very successful season in more senses than one, nearly all the players are now performing to much higher levels (that doesn't mean that they are playing better football), there's an obvious team spirit, and we don't collapse every time someone says 'Boo!' at us. We also have people who can come on and do a job from the bench - only last season we were putting people on to make up the numbers. All I can say is that I think we will see another improvement next season now that we have the basics in place.
Login to get fewer ads

Review of season ! on 08:17 - Apr 26 with 2478 viewshemingway

Review of season ! on 21:13 - Apr 25 by paulredf58

I am continually surprised at how short people's memories are. Clough inherited a squad of overpaid and demoralised players who were also looking at their 30th birthdays either just before or after. It's been a painful process clearing all the dross out with very few exceptions like Commons who wanted away anyway. Then we had that horrendous injury list when everytime a player sneezed, they ended up in the ITU. Then we had people like Leacock who we couldn't fit into a Kelloggs cornflake packet to give away - we only just managed that a few months ago. And Priskin seems to be the last person through the never-ending revolving door called ' short loans', whihc means that we are finally using our own players instead of someone else's cast-offs to make up the numbers.
And at the beginning of the season we won several games that we had no right to win - Watford was dire apart from a glorious strike by Savies for instance. And it's only in the third end of the season that we have started to play properly as a team. My view is that given all the changes this has been a very successful season in more senses than one, nearly all the players are now performing to much higher levels (that doesn't mean that they are playing better football), there's an obvious team spirit, and we don't collapse every time someone says 'Boo!' at us. We also have people who can come on and do a job from the bench - only last season we were putting people on to make up the numbers. All I can say is that I think we will see another improvement next season now that we have the basics in place.

That is a brilliant summation of the last few years. Agree with every word of it.

People don't just have short memories; they often judge a manager's entire approach on the events of the previous hour and a half - without regard to the bigger job he has to do.

Review of season ! on 09:31 - Apr 26 with 2474 viewsBalsallRam

Review of season ! on 08:17 - Apr 26 by hemingway

That is a brilliant summation of the last few years. Agree with every word of it.

People don't just have short memories; they often judge a manager's entire approach on the events of the previous hour and a half - without regard to the bigger job he has to do.

Yep great review of the season
As a long time Ram's fan I'm glad we're making steady progress. We've seen the shame of getting into the premier league too soon & I can even remember putting money into buckets on the popside durng some real dark days !
I'm disappointed when we don't win every game, but we are seeing better players now than 12 months ago, youngsters of quality coming through & some sort of strategy which doesn't includ going bust......
Keep up the good work Nigel..
Review of season ! on 14:42 - Apr 26 with 2456 viewstaffyram

Review of season ! on 09:31 - Apr 26 by BalsallRam

Yep great review of the season
As a long time Ram's fan I'm glad we're making steady progress. We've seen the shame of getting into the premier league too soon & I can even remember putting money into buckets on the popside durng some real dark days !
I'm disappointed when we don't win every game, but we are seeing better players now than 12 months ago, youngsters of quality coming through & some sort of strategy which doesn't includ going bust......
Keep up the good work Nigel..

I agree - a balanced assessment of where we are based on a combination of our results, level of injuries, quality of squad now compared with the last 2 years, team spirit and contributions from the youngsters. Not Norwich or Southamptonesque but going in the right direction and when were we last able to say that.
The critical issue is now whether the improvement is sustainable (and maybe able to be made at a faster pace), given the relatively paltry level of investment in the club. Well I for one will be there again next season to see first hand the answer
Review of season ! on 16:14 - Apr 26 with 2452 viewsRabbram10

Good for u Taffy!!!
Review of season ! on 04:11 - Apr 27 with 2435 viewspremierclass

Review of season ! on 21:13 - Apr 25 by paulredf58

Your memory is short regarding the failed players that Clough has brought in, he has had 3 years and there have been many.

Have you been to the last two home games?

The final league position represents progress for sure, but as you say it is largely down to the first few games where we got more points than our performances warranted.
Review of season ! on 09:25 - Apr 27 with 2427 viewsBalsallRam

Review of season ! on 04:11 - Apr 27 by premierclass

Your memory is short regarding the failed players that Clough has brought in, he has had 3 years and there have been many.

Have you been to the last two home games?

The final league position represents progress for sure, but as you say it is largely down to the first few games where we got more points than our performances warranted.

Progress has been made.. 'the table never lies' ?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024