Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is now surplus to requirements? 17:03 - Apr 26 with 2028 viewsCaliforniaRam

Some players will have to make way for Summer signings.

My short list, and those who we know are going, would be:
Connor Doyle
Miles Addison
Lee Croft
Chris Maguire
Nathan Tyson
Ross Atkins
Paul Green

Should any others be on the list?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Who is now surplus to requirements? on 11:20 - Apr 27 with 2001 viewstaffyram

To let Maguire go after his spell at Pompey would be premature in my view but can't argue with the rest of the list.
I'd add Deeney (if he's still on the books)
Who is now surplus to requirements? on 17:31 - Apr 27 with 1987 viewshemingway

Who is now surplus to requirements? on 11:20 - Apr 27 by taffyram

To let Maguire go after his spell at Pompey would be premature in my view but can't argue with the rest of the list.
I'd add Deeney (if he's still on the books)

I'd like to keep Addison, especially now Barker is out. But that's not going to happen.

I think what's really encouraging is that, for the first time in many years, the list of who I'd keep is longer than the list I'd ship out. I think that says a lot.

I'd also give Maguire another chance after what he did at Pompey. As for Tyson, I think he needs a spell of fitness before we can judge him. But can he stay fit?

ranting for the greater good

Who is now surplus to requirements? on 23:50 - Apr 29 with 1945 viewspkay_brum

Frank Fielding.

A surprise? Yes, true...not much wrong with his season, save a few daft decisions and lapses borne of inexperience.

However - you said 'surplus to requirements' and Frank has retained or enhanced his transfer value. Leggy Legzdins could step up to No. 1; the income from Frank's transfer can buy Clough a striker or centre-forward.

Unless that option - or another significant sale that doesn't weaken the squad too much is not pursued - we won't finally solve the lack of presence and ruthlessness in the penalty area.

If Derby don't act to score a dozen extra goals at least to claim 75 points, it will just confirm that GSE lack ambition and aim only to tread second-tier water.

Who is now surplus to requirements? on 18:41 - Apr 30 with 1916 viewsCaliforniaRam

Who is now surplus to requirements? on 23:50 - Apr 29 by pkay_brum

Frank Fielding.

A surprise? Yes, true...not much wrong with his season, save a few daft decisions and lapses borne of inexperience.

However - you said 'surplus to requirements' and Frank has retained or enhanced his transfer value. Leggy Legzdins could step up to No. 1; the income from Frank's transfer can buy Clough a striker or centre-forward.

Unless that option - or another significant sale that doesn't weaken the squad too much is not pursued - we won't finally solve the lack of presence and ruthlessness in the penalty area.

If Derby don't act to score a dozen extra goals at least to claim 75 points, it will just confirm that GSE lack ambition and aim only to tread second-tier water.

Frank Fielding is an interesting thought. Why is it that I cringe when I hear him speak? I'm not actually bowled over by listening to him but then again he's employed to keep the ball out of the net and not to be also a good orator.
Who is now surplus to requirements? on 16:04 - May 1 with 1883 viewsCaliforniaRam

Ryan Connolly and Chris Jones are only youngsters but then again so are others that have recently stepped up to the plate and look promising for the future so can anyone tell me if these are worth hanging on to or should they be included in the mix to make room in the budget for a good strikers wage?
Who is now surplus to requirements? on 16:32 - May 8 with 1821 viewsCaliforniaRam

Who is now surplus to requirements? on 16:04 - May 1 by CaliforniaRam

Ryan Connolly and Chris Jones are only youngsters but then again so are others that have recently stepped up to the plate and look promising for the future so can anyone tell me if these are worth hanging on to or should they be included in the mix to make room in the budget for a good strikers wage?

Well, there goes Connoly and Jones according to Cloughies statement, plus he added two more from the reserves. Let's see how many first teamers he now agrees with from the list.

I don't see him recruiting anyone from the relegated teams. He seems to always leave those to other managers. I'm sure Leeds will get most of those. I just hope we get at least one surprise this summer to whet our appetites.
Who is now surplus to requirements? on 18:38 - May 22 with 1718 viewsCaliforniaRam

Who is now surplus to requirements? on 16:32 - May 8 by CaliforniaRam

Well, there goes Connoly and Jones according to Cloughies statement, plus he added two more from the reserves. Let's see how many first teamers he now agrees with from the list.

I don't see him recruiting anyone from the relegated teams. He seems to always leave those to other managers. I'm sure Leeds will get most of those. I just hope we get at least one surprise this summer to whet our appetites.

Well, adding Steve Davies to the equation is a real surprise. So what can we now expect for next season? Selling one of our best strikers to Leeds, or Blackpool, or some other top club with REAL intentions of getting out of this division is going to be really interesting.

This next 12 months is either going to prove that Nigel and company are absolutely brilliant in their management tactics, or absolutely stunningly pathetic and have no clue whatsoever, and have totally lost the plot.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is so reminiscent of Black Adder where Baldric (AKA Nigel Clough) comes running in to Tom Glick with the famous words "I have a cunning plan". We of course all know the results of the cunning plan.

This time next year I expect more recruits to be put on the "For Sale" list having shown their new found capabilities and wanting to get away to a club that is seriously wanting to get out of this division. If Steve Davies feels Nigel's club isn't going anywhere, by wanting to leave, what chance will we have of keeping other up and coming talent when they see Steve Davis getting promotion with another club?

Please, please, tell me I am wrong! I want to be able to say so much that this really is a cunning plan that is actually going to succeed and this time next year we will be somewhere in the top 6, or am I dreaming?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024