Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Glick Gone !! 16:17 - May 29 with 1866 viewsBalsallRam

Manchester City as Chief Commercial & Operating Officer
Tom Glick Gone !! on 16:41 - May 29 with 1849 viewsRabbram10

Will we be allowed to spend money now lol!!!!
Tom Glick Gone !! on 17:00 - May 29 with 1843 viewsBalsallRam

Tom Glick Gone !! on 16:41 - May 29 by Rabbram10

Will we be allowed to spend money now lol!!!!

I wouldn't bet on it !
Where does this leave us with regards to current transfer targets ?
Must admit sad to see him go..... never went for the popular view me ;-)
Tom Glick Gone !! on 17:22 - May 29 with 1836 viewstaffyram

Tom Glick Gone !! on 17:00 - May 29 by BalsallRam

I wouldn't bet on it !
Where does this leave us with regards to current transfer targets ?
Must admit sad to see him go..... never went for the popular view me ;-)

To those who have been calling for his head (and you know who you are).................be careful what you wish for!!!
Tom Glick Gone !! on 08:19 - May 30 with 1812 viewshemingway

Tom Glick Gone !! on 17:22 - May 29 by taffyram

To those who have been calling for his head (and you know who you are).................be careful what you wish for!!!

Yes, while he was here we were not in administration, or facing a winding up order, or being robbed blind by dodgy directors who ended up in jail, or being swindled by newspaper magnates. In some ways it's been wonderfully boring.

ranting for the greater good

Tom Glick Gone !! on 11:29 - May 30 with 1801 viewsjiggyjag

Well the foundations have been set no reason they can't carry on time will tell nothing less than a top 6 finish will be expected this season
Tom Glick Gone !! on 18:49 - May 30 with 1782 viewspkay_brum

Hardly a glorious tenure, unless you count the number of network pardners.

Yes, we want *promotion*, please - enough time has been spent piddling about in the lower reaches, a mid-table high in 2012 is nowt to shout about.

Will Tom's replacement puppet get along with Nigel alright?

Is the replacement just being expected to scuttle the good ship Derby into calm Championship waters, or will ambition be allowed?

'Bye then, Tom
Tom Glick Gone !! on 20:28 - May 31 with 1753 viewsdavram

There's surely some sense in what Hem says - don't forget also that GSE took over DCFC as a Prem club and watched helplessly as Wee Billy and then Drooling Jewell spent millions on utter turkeys that quickly catapulted us backwards outta the top flight & into sizeable debt.

How long did it take to clear the squad of overpaid journeymen, has beens or never-would-bes? Three years or so - a tough job for all concerned, including us fans.

GSE got their fingers truly burned whilst learning something about English football, so corporate client capture expertise and commercial conservatism soon became their guiding principles.

Maybe Tom will now develop the City commercial infrastructure and outreach to pull the club out of the long shadow of United and into the global football fishbowl.

If he can "sell" the Blues brand as well as he's built the Rams' off-field commercial viability through the endless list of Pardnerships - thus earning networked income from all types of companies - then Fergie's scowl may endure a little longer.

It'll be interesting to watch developments in Manchester- and maybe GSE can think about recruiting a CEO that will actively encourage true supporter participation, rather than pandering only to customer service.

We can always change our supermarket, but UK supporters very rarely change their clubs. They also expect their club, its legacy and their own loyalty to it to be given due respect.

Fans should press for an early meeting with the Rams' new CEO - let he (she?) see our commitment & expectation.

Hope Hinchey doesn't return, anyway...a rather insincere man, I thought.
Tom Glick Gone !! on 13:42 - Jun 1 with 1737 viewspkay_brum

I'm sure Tom can play to his commercial strengths at City - though unlike at Derby, MCFC has won the big prize and is investing in great players.

The football product there is now primed to reach a more 'global brand' audience to allow it to compete with the best in Europe (if stability is present).

If another GSE stooge enters the PPS scenario, we can only expect more bluff and bull, with mediocrity and basic fiscal maintenance as ever described as 'exciting', whilst football fans crave entertainment and success.

It's probably too much to expect that Derby would now recruit a football-savvy League (or foreign) supremo to drive the club forward at some momentum, to reach the heights scaled far more quickly by such as Swansea, Reading, Soton, Norwich and so on...
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Glick Gone !! on 08:59 - Jun 4 with 1705 viewshemingway

Tom Glick Gone !! on 18:49 - May 30 by pkay_brum

Hardly a glorious tenure, unless you count the number of network pardners.

Yes, we want *promotion*, please - enough time has been spent piddling about in the lower reaches, a mid-table high in 2012 is nowt to shout about.

Will Tom's replacement puppet get along with Nigel alright?

Is the replacement just being expected to scuttle the good ship Derby into calm Championship waters, or will ambition be allowed?

'Bye then, Tom

I want promotion, too, but not like last time.

I'd rather wait 3 years and go up with a solid team that can hold its own than limp up only to be humiliated again.

ranting for the greater good

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024