Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Derby become another Crewe Alexandra? 16:30 - Jun 5 with 1848 viewsCaliforniaRam

Let's face it Derby are looking as though they they could become another Crewe Alexandra. I've decided to remove my rose coloured glasses and realize that other clubs with "real" ambition are going to always cream off our better players, and even Directors. I'm not being fooled any longer that we are breeding good young players just for us. Every one of them will be watching what happens to our better players and could end up emulating their elders by not re-signing their contracts when the time comes. Yes we'll have the likes of Ball and other up and coming players for a while but never long enough to get us up into the Premier division.

If we do find that we lose Shakell, Robinson, Davies etc., just accept that the owners know Derby will never be good enough for promotion so they intend to make hay while the sun shines and capitalize on the money making machine of creating good players for other teams. All investors want a healthy return on their money, and sooner rather than later, so can we blame them?

Don't we all look at how our own invested money is doing? I know I do, I watch the DOW Jones every day. Can we expect Derby's investors to be any different?

It would be great if Cloughie really does have the business acumen to sell and buy better players with the money and move onwards and upwards each year but he is no different to Glick, other clubs will be taking him from Derby next, or is he deemed to be just another Dario Gradi of the Championship by grooming players for other teams?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Derby are just another Crewe Alexander on 16:57 - Jun 5 with 1841 viewstaffyram

What a ridiculous post! If (and I mean if) those players were sold and Clough was to leave us in the lurch then your comments might carry some degree of credibility but where's your evidence. The only player in the last 4 years I've been sad to see leave was Commons and he was the sort of character that no matter who he was with at the time would follow the dollar. Good players in - Bryson, Shackell, Barker, Ward, Brayford to name but a few
Derby are just another Crewe Alexander on 17:42 - Jun 5 with 1835 viewshemingway

Derby are just another Crewe Alexander on 16:57 - Jun 5 by taffyram

What a ridiculous post! If (and I mean if) those players were sold and Clough was to leave us in the lurch then your comments might carry some degree of credibility but where's your evidence. The only player in the last 4 years I've been sad to see leave was Commons and he was the sort of character that no matter who he was with at the time would follow the dollar. Good players in - Bryson, Shackell, Barker, Ward, Brayford to name but a few

I agree, it's a bit of a dramatic summation.

We aren't rolling in money, so we're trying to build the smart way. But everyone has their price.

The comparison is ridiculous. Ask the people of Crewe if they'd like to be just another Derby. I think they might express an interest.

ranting for the greater good

Derby are just another Crewe Alexander on 00:00 - Jun 7 with 1802 viewsKeef

Who is Alexander?
Derby are just another Crewe Alexander on 09:46 - Jun 8 with 1777 viewsRabbram10

"The Great"
Derby are just another Crewe Alexander on 22:58 - Jul 5 with 1642 viewsCaliforniaRam

Derby are just another Crewe Alexander on 16:57 - Jun 5 by taffyram

Well my friend, out goes Shackell. But not to worry, they say it's to strengthen the squad, but hey, the good news is NC says we have Buxton, woohoo, that's it then, there's the answer to NC's cunning plan.

Nigel Clough is either a brilliant tactical manager and we get in the top six this next season, or we struggle because he's totally incompetent. The curtain on the stage is about to open on this farce (Comedy Of Errors) and declare the answer as the seasonal drama unfolds.

I'm sure all Derby's players are so excited to know that their future is secure playing for Derby. Not!

Hopefully, our one salvation might be that Glick will have enough clout at City to encourage their manager to let Derby have one or two of their fringe players to join us on loan to keep up their fitness, but I doubt we could afford the wages unless a really good discount wage deal is made. I'm sure that will be seen as a ridiculous comment. Oh well, just dreaming.

Off to check now to see what brilliant signing NC might make with his surplus cash. Could it be a top seasoned scorer or just another untried youngster from a lower division. Oh joy! It looks like a boy from Crewe.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024