Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eusebio - get well soon / classic 1966 game 15:09 - Jun 24 with 1417 viewsdavram

Just had to post this BBC article up, reporting the illness of the great Portuguese striker Eusebio - as it also has extended highlights of the great 1966 World Cup game in England,in wihch North Korea raced into a 3-0 lead within half an hour.

Eusebio made his international name with a match-winning performance, scoring four goals as his team won 5-3. Brilliant stuff indeed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18569239

I well remember the thrill a few years later, when Cloughie's Rams took on Eusebio's Benfica in the European Cup.

The excitement and anticipation of actually seeing Eusebio & Co. play at the Baseball Ground was outshone by one of the Rams' greatest performances - the "Black Panther" hardly got a kick & the Rams took three off them in thrilling style, Zak Hector scoring one of my all-time favourite goals.

Get well soon Eusebio - let's hope England can thrill our nation tonight, too!
"
Eusebio - get well soon / classic 1966 game on 00:12 - Jul 22 with 1373 viewsoldtimeram

Remember the game well v Benfica

Went to the return game in Lisbon. Fantastic crowd and atmosphere and I remember the floodlights going out. I was hoping the game would get abandoned so I could come back again lol
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024