Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jason Shackell? 10:01 - Jun 28 with 2401 viewsRabbram10

Reading between the lines from what NC is saying, it looks like Shackell will be on his way, not sure what to make of this?
Jason Shackell? on 11:16 - Jun 28 with 2394 viewstaffyram

Rabb - if you're not sure what to make of it why then do you think Shackell is on his way. From what I remember NC said if the right offer came in they would have to consider it and isn't that the approach of 95% of clubs (including those in the Premiership)? Doesn't mean he's going and my money would be on him staying. I might be proved wrong - only time will tell
Jason Shackell? on 14:07 - Jun 28 with 2387 viewsRabbram10

What Clough said was that the offers so far are short of our valuation but the bids are getting closer, if that sounds like he's staying fair enough but it dosent sound like that to me?
Jason Shackell? on 08:30 - Jun 29 with 2370 viewshemingway

Jason Shackell? on 14:07 - Jun 28 by Rabbram10

What Clough said was that the offers so far are short of our valuation but the bids are getting closer, if that sounds like he's staying fair enough but it dosent sound like that to me?

If he's lining up replacements it sounds as though there's a good chance he's going. It's really annoying that we can't hold onto a player like that. We paid the best part of a million and we're going to sell him just because someone offers another mil on top, for a player we really want to keep?

I'm afraid I don't see it as good business unless we make at least 1.5m on top of what we paid.

ranting for the greater good

Jason Shackell? on 10:34 - Jun 29 with 2365 viewstaffyram

Jason Shackell? on 08:30 - Jun 29 by hemingway

If he's lining up replacements it sounds as though there's a good chance he's going. It's really annoying that we can't hold onto a player like that. We paid the best part of a million and we're going to sell him just because someone offers another mil on top, for a player we really want to keep?

I'm afraid I don't see it as good business unless we make at least 1.5m on top of what we paid.

Listening to the latest NC interview he's saying that he doesn't have the £1.5m required to sign a proven goalscorer - obviously that would change if Shackell was to go but my reading of it is that he still won't go. Hope not because he's proved his value to the defence throughout all of last season and any replacement has to start from scratch in terms of building a partnership with one of our other central defenders - whether it's Mark O'Brien or Buxton
Jason Shackell? on 13:39 - Jun 29 with 2360 viewszhabba

Jason Shackell? on 10:34 - Jun 29 by taffyram

Listening to the latest NC interview he's saying that he doesn't have the £1.5m required to sign a proven goalscorer - obviously that would change if Shackell was to go but my reading of it is that he still won't go. Hope not because he's proved his value to the defence throughout all of last season and any replacement has to start from scratch in terms of building a partnership with one of our other central defenders - whether it's Mark O'Brien or Buxton

I fear it will be O'Brien AND Buxton, but I really hope that Shackell is still here when the window closes. It just looks increasingly like he won't be.

It's only paper talk so far, but some of Nigel's quotes seem to be preparing for a transfer. The crucial bit of information missing is whether Shackell himself wants to go; in his position, I'd be saying nothing at this point. If someone wants to pay him lots more money, then I daresay he'll fancy it.

I just hope we don't swap him for Matt Mills.
Jason Shackell? on 13:55 - Jun 29 with 2358 viewstaffyram

Jason Shackell? on 13:39 - Jun 29 by zhabba

I fear it will be O'Brien AND Buxton, but I really hope that Shackell is still here when the window closes. It just looks increasingly like he won't be.

It's only paper talk so far, but some of Nigel's quotes seem to be preparing for a transfer. The crucial bit of information missing is whether Shackell himself wants to go; in his position, I'd be saying nothing at this point. If someone wants to pay him lots more money, then I daresay he'll fancy it.

I just hope we don't swap him for Matt Mills.

Can't see that happening - he was signed for £5m so I can't see him going anywhere for less than £1.5 so what would be the point - Shackell is a much more reliable defender.
What would we choose - a central defence of Shackell and O'Brien/Buxton with Robinson up front as the main striker or O'Brien and Buxton with a recognised 20 goal a season hit-man (as yet unidentified)?
I'm not sure
Jason Shackell? on 17:08 - Jun 29 with 2348 viewszhabba

Jason Shackell? on 13:55 - Jun 29 by taffyram

Can't see that happening - he was signed for £5m so I can't see him going anywhere for less than £1.5 so what would be the point - Shackell is a much more reliable defender.
What would we choose - a central defence of Shackell and O'Brien/Buxton with Robinson up front as the main striker or O'Brien and Buxton with a recognised 20 goal a season hit-man (as yet unidentified)?
I'm not sure

You're right, I think everyone who watched Championship football last season knows that Shackell is better than Mills, so I don't think the £5m tag means anything now. But the Mills thing was just something that popped into my mind - I don't want to start it as a rumour, there are enough of those around regarding Shackell anyway.

Your question about choosing a striker or a defender. I'd want both. We need the striker now anyway, and if we did lose a defender he'd need to be replaced. Although if I really had to choose, I'd have a striker. Good defence and bad strikers means lots of 0-0's, bad defence and good strikers and maybe a few 4-4's. At least it'd be entertaining.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024