Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans reject Friday night games 15:45 - Jun 29 with 2575 viewsdavram

DCFC have dumped on their loyal fans by arranging Friday night fixtures to replace Saturday games - apparently it will help the players!

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/FRIDAY-NIGHT-FEVER-FIXTURES-MOVED-FORWARD/stor

So for whose benefit? The team will still be likely to fiddle around as usual in mid/lower league positions, because puppet Glick can't obtain funds for the team to make a realistic challenge for promotion? Probably minus Shackell & a decent striker, too....

Let's see how many more points the eventual remainder of the squad will get from this disruptive schedule - and see what benefit the club gets from attendances, if any.

Any fool knows that Friday night is the worst night of the week to get anywhere - how does this stupid plan benefit the many loyal Rams fans that live outside the Derby area?

I think DCFC will get a flood of justified complaints about this idiotic trick - don't many fans plan their weekends around Saturday games - often weeks/months in advance?

Not to late to make the club reconsider, folks!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Fans reject Friday night games on 16:10 - Jun 29 with 2569 viewstaffyram

This tinpot idea doesn't make sense. Surely if it extends the number of days inbetween weekend and midweek matches for Derby players to recover then doesn't the same benefit apply to the opposition?
Fans reject Friday night games on 17:14 - Jun 29 with 2566 viewszhabba

Fans reject Friday night games on 16:10 - Jun 29 by taffyram

This tinpot idea doesn't make sense. Surely if it extends the number of days inbetween weekend and midweek matches for Derby players to recover then doesn't the same benefit apply to the opposition?

I can see some logic in the game moving to Good Friday, but not the others.
Fans reject Friday night games on 10:26 - Jul 1 with 2535 viewsKeef

It's three matches I can't make. Usually miss a few midweekers through work and get my season ticket expecting this but then they do this and do me out of three weekend matches. How many season ticket holders wouldn't have renewed if they were told about this before hand?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Fans reject Friday night games on 15:34 - Jul 1 with 2524 viewspkay_brum

When Saturday Comes......bugger-all happens at PPS!

There's been little or no explanation for these changes - and if every Championship club adopted the switches for Clough's apparent wish for more 'recovery' time before midweek games, then the fixture list would be in total chaos!

Looking at the fixtures chosen by Derby - Palace, Hull and Bristol - they are games that aren't expected to attract large away followings and 'middling' home gates, so I'd surmise that the club want to twiddle with the 'on demand' ticket prices to see how low, low prices might boost a home gate?

If that is a factor, why can't the club say so?

Those fans (including me) who travel a distance to games have been displaced, and though the club might claim that families can attend on Fri eves with no school in the morning (Saturday) for the kids - but that's bunkum, because familes have other activities (like junior football!) on Saturday mornings and the kids' late night may have a negative effect on such other pursuits.

Fixture changes for television are irritating enough, but when the club makes changes under such vague, partially-explained or hidden reasons, supporters will get peed off PDQ.

Fans First? Don't make me laugh!

A rash of letters/emails from S/T holders to the club is needed to make DCFC accountable for trashing the season in this way.
Fans reject Friday night games on 21:22 - Jul 1 with 2515 viewstaffyram

Fans reject Friday night games on 15:34 - Jul 1 by pkay_brum

When Saturday Comes......bugger-all happens at PPS!

There's been little or no explanation for these changes - and if every Championship club adopted the switches for Clough's apparent wish for more 'recovery' time before midweek games, then the fixture list would be in total chaos!

Looking at the fixtures chosen by Derby - Palace, Hull and Bristol - they are games that aren't expected to attract large away followings and 'middling' home gates, so I'd surmise that the club want to twiddle with the 'on demand' ticket prices to see how low, low prices might boost a home gate?

If that is a factor, why can't the club say so?

Those fans (including me) who travel a distance to games have been displaced, and though the club might claim that families can attend on Fri eves with no school in the morning (Saturday) for the kids - but that's bunkum, because familes have other activities (like junior football!) on Saturday mornings and the kids' late night may have a negative effect on such other pursuits.

Fixture changes for television are irritating enough, but when the club makes changes under such vague, partially-explained or hidden reasons, supporters will get peed off PDQ.

Fans First? Don't make me laugh!

A rash of letters/emails from S/T holders to the club is needed to make DCFC accountable for trashing the season in this way.

already sent mine and if everyone who's angry and annoyed by this dreadful p.r. action do the same, at least they will be made aware as to the strength of feeling amongst the fans................

"Never having previously emailed the Club directly, the announcement that 3 matches have been switched from the traditional Saturday afternoon to Friday evening shows a further disregard for the real fans.
The decision-makers at Derby County appear to be going out of their way to alienate more and more supporters by actions such as this. The reason given that it allows further resting time between midweek and weekend games doesn’t stack up — if there is a benefit then surely it will be to both sides, not just Derby.
I have no doubt that my (and probably a few thousand more fans’) criticism will fall on deaf ears. We keep being told about how wonderful the Derby County ‘experience’ is — people making such foolhardy comments are deluded and if the club continues to go down this path, then they will see an erosion of core support to an extent that has never been seen before and supporters will not return no matter what.
Disregard my comments and you will see the depth of feeling amongst real supporters and I’m speaking as a fan since 1979 and a season ticket-holder for probably 25 of those years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024