Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How To Make Money On Your Best Players 10:39 - Jul 18 with 1820 viewsRamZone_News

Are you watching, Mr Glick? You undersold your club.

F*rest have just netted £2.3m for full-back Chris Gunter, sold to Reading:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18869616

That's more than twice as much that TG sold Shackell for - and I'd argue that Shacks is better in his position than Gunter in his.

The Trees now have super-rich owners and a ruck of financial problems to sort out, so have made the Royals pay the going rate.

It remains to be seen how Forest invest - but Derby's philosophy appears to be selling an outstanding player and sign an adequate replacement at 25% of the cost.

Will it be another season of water-treading, at best, with our heads ducking worryingly under the water occasionally then coming up for air for a month?
How To Make Money On Your Best Players on 11:05 - Jul 18 with 1816 viewsdavram

Yeh -and is Gunter better than John Brayford? I think not. Forest's defence was crap last season, yet they've cashed in.

You can be sure that, if anyone comes in with an accepted offer for JB before the Aug 31st deadline, we won't be getting anywhere near the Gunter value.

Other Chamionship clubs are either laughing up their sleeves or queuing up for another knock-down bargain.

What was it spinmeister Glick said recently? "We don't need to sell players".

Right.
How To Make Money On Your Best Players on 12:24 - Jul 18 with 1809 viewsjiggyjag

What was the reason for them buying our club if they didn't want to see them competing in the best league in the world they surely don't need the money .

All these other clubs that gain new owners try to go out and buy success yes it doesn't always work but at least they are trying to give there fans success on the field and if it does fail they have the money behind them to not leave the club in debt.

All we get is false promises, players other clubs don't want and from a lower division, speculation of players we are after but lets face it if they want an extra 1K per week that another club is prepared to offer guess who won't be signing them.

I'm starting to get angry as to how a club I love is shaping up, I was very optimistic after last season with the team we had and some good signings that this year really could be our year.

That has now changed to worrying that we may actually be in a relagation dog fight.
How To Make Money On Your Best Players on 09:51 - Jul 19 with 1773 viewshemingway

How To Make Money On Your Best Players on 12:24 - Jul 18 by jiggyjag

What was the reason for them buying our club if they didn't want to see them competing in the best league in the world they surely don't need the money .

All these other clubs that gain new owners try to go out and buy success yes it doesn't always work but at least they are trying to give there fans success on the field and if it does fail they have the money behind them to not leave the club in debt.

All we get is false promises, players other clubs don't want and from a lower division, speculation of players we are after but lets face it if they want an extra 1K per week that another club is prepared to offer guess who won't be signing them.

I'm starting to get angry as to how a club I love is shaping up, I was very optimistic after last season with the team we had and some good signings that this year really could be our year.

That has now changed to worrying that we may actually be in a relagation dog fight.

I'm wondering if there's more than meets the eye to the Shackell sale. Otherwise why would be sell one player to replace him with another for pretty much the same price?

Maybe NC had fallen out with him?

Maybe the undisclosed fee is higher than we think?

Or maybe it was just a piece of bad business. 1.1m for Shackell. Appalling.

ranting for the greater good

How To Make Money On Your Best Players on 10:20 - Jul 19 with 1768 viewsRabbram10

Maybe the club has lost the plot!!!!!
How To Make Money On Your Best Players on 21:48 - Aug 13 with 1693 viewsConnexIV

Gunter is class, everyone else sees that. Now he is in the prem expect him to be snapped up by a 'big team' in the next few seasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024