Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shackell / Barker Replacement... 19:21 - Jul 19 with 1192 viewsRamZone_News

Derby have nabbed Coventry POTY Richard Keogh, an imposing defender who should plug the gap left by Shackell & Barker:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18913228

Looks like a substantial investment (shock!!); Keogh is Derby captain and Callum Ball is going to the Ricoh on a season-long loan to gain experience.

Strikers now needed.....soon!
Shackell / Barker Replacement... on 20:44 - Jul 19 with 1183 viewsdavram

Hmmm..it all makes one wonder if there's a sub-plot to Shackell's move, especially if DCFC have paid as much or more to get Keogh in. They just don't do that, do they?

I also don't really see much logic in selling Shackell, a proven, experienced, ever-present and popular player, who was ready to captain a team that's already depleted by the loss of another first-choice centre half, to buy an equivalent defender.

I'm still very sceptical about DCFC's potential transfer dealings in & out - based primarily on GSE's track record - because it seems that Keogh can also play at right back.

If the Rams are going to spend more money on a looooong-overdue goalscorer (or two), I can still see them cashing in on Brayford before Aug 31st to finance such further signings. Keogh will then be seen as cover, with O'Brien, Buxton etc available to play in central defence.

Callum Ball's name was part of a list of striker options touted by Clough a few weeks ago, but now he's sent away on loan - though that might have been the deciding bargaining factor that saw off the Taff & Dirty Leeds in the scrimmage for Keogh.

I'm mildly encouraged, but will certainly wait until October to see how the team starts & shapes up. Glick will be away then, his waffle will hopefully be history.

It would be good to actually have a stable squad, or is that concept now also consigned to history?
Shackell / Barker Replacement... on 08:30 - Jul 20 with 1164 viewsRabbram10

It's nice to see we have brought a few players in, but we still haven't got cover for Left Back, lots of right backs & with ball gone we badly need this goal scoring striker we have been told we would acquire for about three seasons now, will these deals happen?
Clough says we would like to get another one in but if it dosent happen we will go with what we have, at the minute we are still short IMO!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024