Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Hughes? 12:32 - Aug 19 with 1210 viewsRabbram10

The Sunday People are reporting that Arsenal are in talks to sign Will Hughes for around £5M, surely we would be looking a lot more than that if this report is indeed correct?
Talk is he would be loaned back to Derby!
Thoughts guys?
Will Hughes? on 13:59 - Aug 19 with 1205 viewstaffyram

If there was any truth in this story (and I very much doubt it - most of the so-called 'investigative sports journalism' these days is written up without any basis of fact), Derby (and this board in particular) would snap their hands off.

£5m for a young (albeit what appears to be a highly-talented) player who hasn't even clocked up half a dozen competetive matches yet, is a no-brainer. If we were certain that sort of fee was ploughed back into the team then I would say take it.

Thing is, the manager would be lucky to get half of it - the argument being it's the first return on our investment in the clubs' youth development programme
Will Hughes? on 16:59 - Aug 19 with 1190 viewsdavram

Whilst questioning the validity of the source of this speculation, I do hope that it is just hot air. Hughes was superb in the first half against the Owls.

So I really do want to see much more of the exciting contribution that young Will made to the match yesterday - in a Derby shirt this season!

The club has made a great play of the exciting young talent that we are paying to watch, selling season tickets via their joint mantras of boasting young talent & implementing FFP, stating DCFC's lead in both spheres.

A hefty fee, with the sort of immediate loan-back agreement, would sugar the pill but, as you say, a good proportion of any cash received should be immediately re-invested in the squad.

Maybe this type of deal is the best option to trigger this, but Appleby has now said funds can be made available to Clough without player sales.

Clough's already on record as saying his squad options are extremely limited at present, after only one League game. Will he get any much-needed support from the Chairman? Not holding my breath....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024