Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Optimism? 22:34 - Sep 2 with 1871 viewspaulredf58

Having watched the Rams against Wolves and Watford, I must say I am really excited about the future. At last we can see some fruits from Clough's work - the ball retention in both games was fantastic, 500 passes against Wolves and 61% possession against Watford. Compared to last year when we hung on to win grittily but without any panache whatsoever, we are playing with style and trashing other teams for parts of the match or for the whole match. Yes, there's another 40 odd games to go, but last year we all knew that the bubble would burst at some point as we weren't good enough; this year I can't see how we can lose the performance level that we have (barring injuries). Anyone out there who feels like I do?
Optimism? on 08:37 - Sep 3 with 1854 viewsZacRam

We need to be more cautious Paulredf58 and not get too carried away, there are a lot of teams better than Watford in the Championship. I understand the excitement of Saturday's win which was superb but we need to be consistent in our passing ability and be stronger against the bully boys of this division. That all said I am looking to be out of my seat applauding the lads more often this season and I am sure we all will be.
Optimism? on 20:05 - Sep 4 with 1815 viewspkay_brum

Yes, let's see what things look like after the 12-game mark - Watford were a bit of a shambles.

Expecting a sustained promotion charge might be as misplaced as last season.

Zola is finding out what his many Udinese refugees can do (or not as the case may be) and they might be one of the most disorganised outfits we'll face this term.

It was pleasing how Derby sensed Watford's unease and unfamiliarity with one another, nevertheless, and we got a grip on the game and rapped the goals in.

Sammon was excellent, finally some power, purpose and determination up front!

Bryson was relentless as was O'Connor...we won't miss Shaun Barker if unfancied players like Buxton and O'Connor can perform consistently.

As with every season, we wonder if Derby can string good results together or whether we will yo-yo in the table once again.
Optimism? on 10:08 - Sep 5 with 1799 viewshemingway

Optimism? on 20:05 - Sep 4 by pkay_brum

Yes, let's see what things look like after the 12-game mark - Watford were a bit of a shambles.

Expecting a sustained promotion charge might be as misplaced as last season.

Zola is finding out what his many Udinese refugees can do (or not as the case may be) and they might be one of the most disorganised outfits we'll face this term.

It was pleasing how Derby sensed Watford's unease and unfamiliarity with one another, nevertheless, and we got a grip on the game and rapped the goals in.

Sammon was excellent, finally some power, purpose and determination up front!

Bryson was relentless as was O'Connor...we won't miss Shaun Barker if unfancied players like Buxton and O'Connor can perform consistently.

As with every season, we wonder if Derby can string good results together or whether we will yo-yo in the table once again.

Most of our goals came from set pieces, which is a worry in one way, but also a real basic plus. You get plenty of set pieces in this division, and if we have players who can get their heads on a good free kick/corner, it's half the battle.

Of course, first you have to win the corner . . .

ranting for the greater good

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024