Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalscorer required ASAP? 18:40 - Sep 22 with 1325 viewsRabbram10

The team played some very good stuff today but we r still in need of a goalscorer, surely Clough can c that?
We need to kill matches off or we r going to suffer results like that more times than not!
There r plenty of positives in the performances but u have to take your chances, it will get to a stage if we keep missing these chances performance will take a dip, confidence will go downhill & we will b in diffs?
Get a goalscorer in ASAP, it's as plain as your nose on your face that's what's missing?
Goalscorer required ASAP? on 22:30 - Sep 22 with 1313 viewsZacRam

Totally agree Rabbram but where are we going to conjure up this mysterious goalscorer that most Championship clubs are after? They are more rare than gold dust at the moment. The January transfer window will be the first opportunity to acquire anybody of any real quality so until then it's put up and make do.
Goalscorer required ASAP? on 00:20 - Sep 23 with 1311 viewsjiggyjag

So we know now what we knew at the end of the season and what has happened nothing apart from another million pound wasted on a sub standard centre forward who has spent more time on the bench than on the pitch
Isn't it great to watch pretty football be on top most of the game but keep losing and then moan that we didn't deserve to lose.
Well I'm sorry if you can't put the ball in the net you ain't going to win many football games and this had been obvious for some time now but has anything happened no and it never will.
Wake up or be prepared for a long hard season treading water again!!!!
Goalscorer required ASAP? on 10:33 - Sep 23 with 1292 viewsRabbram10

Goalscorer required ASAP? on 22:30 - Sep 22 by ZacRam

Totally agree Rabbram but where are we going to conjure up this mysterious goalscorer that most Championship clubs are after? They are more rare than gold dust at the moment. The January transfer window will be the first opportunity to acquire anybody of any real quality so until then it's put up and make do.

Good point Zacram but the loan window is now open & surely among all the premier league clubs there r a few gems not playing in their first teams that could come here & do a good job for us?
Goalscorer required ASAP? on 19:55 - Sep 23 with 1282 viewsdavram

Goalscorer required ASAP? on 10:33 - Sep 23 by Rabbram10

Good point Zacram but the loan window is now open & surely among all the premier league clubs there r a few gems not playing in their first teams that could come here & do a good job for us?

Well said, Rabb - the point is, that there are now a couple of useful strikers at each Prem club sitting around outside of the first team squad.

They aren't serving their own careers, the club that's paying their wages, or indeed their chosen "profession", though I do accept that the situation that they find themselves in is not always by choice.

Most Prem clubs seem to buy extra strikers nowadays, as insurance against relegation, as the talent for putting the ball in the net is still the most coveted & precious skill in the sport.

It's obvious - has been for a couple of seasons - that a consistent goalscorer would put Derby up in the top spots.

I think that's even truer this season, as the attacking play until we get into the scoring zone - into the pen area and especially the six-yard box - is more effective and incisive than for several years.

I keep saying we're not ruthless enough, and at present Sammon looks a bit clumsy & slow, so a sharper striker (BillySharp''s aready gone) is needed now. Good job Jamie is doing so well at present,but he can't do it all.

Waiting for scraps n January will be too late - mid-table or worse will be the medicine again if we wait for the new CEO to "make his mark".
Goalscorer required ASAP? on 22:42 - Sep 23 with 1281 viewsZacRam

Sammon gives us a totally new dimension that has been missing from our overall game Jiggy, I do not see his fee as wasted but totally agree about needing a player that knows where the back of the net is to play alongside him. Whilst Jamie Ward has been helpful to that end he is not the answer. I still feel that an average goalscorer can become a regular one in this team as so many chances are created by Sammon et al.
Goalscorer required ASAP? on 07:25 - Sep 25 with 1238 viewsRabbram10

What people r saying is we need to tighten up at the back but the problem is we need to take more of the chances we r creating, if we score more that will take the pressure of the defence, if we keep missing chance after chance obviously people will then look at the defence & say we need to tighten up but in reality the forwards not scoring enough is the main problem why we haven't taken more points this season, you only get what you deserve in life that's what I believe anyway?
Goalscorer required ASAP? on 10:37 - Sep 25 with 1234 viewsjiggyjag

Goalscorer required ASAP? on 07:25 - Sep 25 by Rabbram10

What people r saying is we need to tighten up at the back but the problem is we need to take more of the chances we r creating, if we score more that will take the pressure of the defence, if we keep missing chance after chance obviously people will then look at the defence & say we need to tighten up but in reality the forwards not scoring enough is the main problem why we haven't taken more points this season, you only get what you deserve in life that's what I believe anyway?

We do need to tighten up at the back that is only obvious and teams will always have spells in the game it's ok being totally dominant for 70% of the game but if you don't make it count then you will get caught out and that is exactly what is happening.

Forest, Middlesborough and Brighton next 3 games they will score goals and seem solid at the back our toughest test so far and if I'm honest there is no guarantee of any points from these fixtures.
Goalscorer required ASAP? on 07:05 - Sep 26 with 1212 viewsRabbram10

There r no guarantee of points in any fixture in this league, such is this division?
With Bailey now out on loan maybe Clough will bring in a striker on loan from the premier who might make the difference for us, u can only hope & pray!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024