Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Blame Game! 17:26 - Oct 29 with 1219 viewsRabbram10

It's now reached that stage of the season were Nigel starts to blame everybody in team for his failings?
The squads too lightweight, everybody & his dog knows that except Clough!
Bringing off forwards to put on defenders when u r losing says it all on Nigel's negative tactics?

The Blame Game! on 16:35 - Nov 5 with 1172 viewszhabba

But what a difference a week makes. O'Connor in for Buxton, and Bryson in for Jacobs, otherwise the same team against Blackpool as it was against Peterborough. And there didn't seem to be too much in the way of negative tactics on Saturday - Robinson off maybe was, as he was on a hat-trick, but if he'd not been training all week, then it was probably sensible.

I can't criticise Clough for what he says about the players - he's mostly right in what he says (IMO), and I reckon he balances it out easily enough by what he says to them thats not quoted in the papers.

I can sometimes criticise him for his substitutions, and they baffled me ten days ago.

But he has got Derby playing some decent football most of the time. I think the squad is too thin rather than lightweight. If Bryson's not playing then I think we struggle - he's like a fly-wheel, never stops moving and makes the rest of the team push on. I'd still like to see Bailey here as cover - either that or we need to get in another centre-mid.

I've seen a few assessments of Saturday that say Blackpool were poor. I'm not sure I agree, I think Derby just battered them. I'm sure Holloway leaving had an effect on Blackpool, but they would have got beaten anyway - I think most Championship teams would have been beaten by us on Saturday.

So the trick is to find some consistency. Maybe the best thing for us for Tuesdays game would be for Barnsley to come and go all-out to save a point. Lets see how we cope with that sort of opposition, rather than a side that want to play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024