Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? 14:44 - Nov 19 with 4182 viewsWestbourneR

Does anyone on here thing MH could still get us playing and out of trouble?

I would bet everything have on this earth that we will go down with max 10 points if Hughes stays for the season.

It is clear that he has no chance of reconnecting with these players.

If TF doesn't do the right thing and fire Hughes this week than he is in a dangerous dowward spiral of denial. Whatever the cost he HAS to go.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 10:47 - Nov 20 with 683 viewshighlandbill

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 10:34 - Nov 20 by TacticalR

Oscar Wilde said of George Bernard Shaw "An excellent man: he has no enemies, but none of his friends like him."

It could be said of Leslie Mark Hughes that none of his friends like him, *and* he has many enemies. Perhaps that's why support for him has evaporated so quickly.

I dont think his support evaporated quickly. Fans have been remarkably tolerant of his incompetance. Its not the done thing at Loftus Road to slag off our managers but things have become so desperate that fans need that outlet rather than go home and kick the dog,the cat,the sofa & the telly.

At my age I should not be doing this!

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 11:09 - Nov 20 with 670 viewsderbyhoop

Mrs Hughes thinks he can turn it round. Not really, but she thought she had to say it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 13:05 - Nov 20 with 648 viewsDANRANGER

to reply to the OP I haven't a clue but the Utd game is irrelevant to whether Hughes survives or not so if he isn't sacked today then I feel he'll get to the Villa game as Sunderland is midweek. We would all expect to lose at Sunderland but as we stand he needs 4 points IMO from the next 3 games to stay in his job. Lose or even draw to Villa and I can't see TF having a choice.

My big issue with him is he hasn't been able to take what was good about the team and build on it. Too quick to drop players or play them out of position. When you are struggling you have to go back to basics and defend for your lives to get a clean sheet and therefore you pick the players who can defend. Clint Hill for example was the man he turned to last year and it worked. Onouha albeit he's been poor but he is a better defender than all but Nelsen from Saturday. Faurlin/Diakite shielding the defence and let Granero/Taarabt/Hoilett/Cisse be creative.

He bought a new team and then doesn't know how he wants them to play. Absolutely shocking management. For me Harry will at least create a spark about the place and his talent is motivation. He brings a quality coaching set up with him also that would organise this bunch. We have as talented a squad as we've ever had which makes it even worse that Hughes can't get them to perform. No excuses.
Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 14:49 - Nov 20 with 628 viewsonlyrinmoray

Until saturday I wanted Hughes to stay not that I liked him particularly, but because I wanted some stability
However I was at the game for the first time this season and could see what you regulars have been saying for weeks. Apart for the first 5minutes of each half we were outplayed by Southampton Even after we scored nothing happened. Soton just upped their game.Nothing has improved from my last game at Sunderland last season another pathetic performance. I really believed Hughes when he said we wont be in this position again. Who wouldnt after signing Green Johnson Granero Park a class above we had, or so I thought.
I hear Zamora could be out for the season what a surprise ! Have we any forwards left ?

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 15:06 - Nov 20 with 604 viewsderbyhoop

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 14:49 - Nov 20 by onlyrinmoray

Until saturday I wanted Hughes to stay not that I liked him particularly, but because I wanted some stability
However I was at the game for the first time this season and could see what you regulars have been saying for weeks. Apart for the first 5minutes of each half we were outplayed by Southampton Even after we scored nothing happened. Soton just upped their game.Nothing has improved from my last game at Sunderland last season another pathetic performance. I really believed Hughes when he said we wont be in this position again. Who wouldnt after signing Green Johnson Granero Park a class above we had, or so I thought.
I hear Zamora could be out for the season what a surprise ! Have we any forwards left ?

Yes we have got forwards.
DJ Campbell on loan at Ipswich
Bothroyd - on loan at Sheff Wed
Balanta - on loan at MK Dons
Andrade - on loan at Wycombe
Troy Hewitt - on loan at Bury
Tom Hitchcock - U21s, son of the coach, no nepotism here.

Jamie Mackie - converted into a midfield player
Hoilett - converted into a midfield player
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 15:17 - Nov 20 with 592 viewsonlyrinmoray

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 15:06 - Nov 20 by derbyhoop

Yes we have got forwards.
DJ Campbell on loan at Ipswich
Bothroyd - on loan at Sheff Wed
Balanta - on loan at MK Dons
Andrade - on loan at Wycombe
Troy Hewitt - on loan at Bury
Tom Hitchcock - U21s, son of the coach, no nepotism here.

Jamie Mackie - converted into a midfield player
Hoilett - converted into a midfield player
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Yep see what you mean Still think we have no forwards apologies possibly to Jamie and DJ

BTW Everton in 94/95 had the same record as us after 12 games so they sacked Mike walker brought in Joe Royle ( formerplayer ) they stayed up in 15th position and also won the cup beat Man U. I think Hughes should phone Joe to see what the secret is
Plan B offer the job to Gareth Ainsworth..........
Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 15:59 - Nov 20 with 566 viewsPinnerPaul

Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 15:17 - Nov 20 by onlyrinmoray

Yep see what you mean Still think we have no forwards apologies possibly to Jamie and DJ

BTW Everton in 94/95 had the same record as us after 12 games so they sacked Mike walker brought in Joe Royle ( formerplayer ) they stayed up in 15th position and also won the cup beat Man U. I think Hughes should phone Joe to see what the secret is
Plan B offer the job to Gareth Ainsworth..........

I'd check the relevant league table before thinking about plan B!
Is there anyone left who believes Hughes can turn it around? on 13:00 - Nov 22 with 530 viewsTacticalR

Neil's explanation of Hughes' failings (5th post on this thread) in terms of the physicality of his teams no longer working was interesting because it did offer some explanation as to why we have got so many red cards under Hughes.

It also explains an interview Hughes did a few weeks ago where he said the problem was that the team was not showing enough aggression (which on the face of it didn't make sense because we have got so many red cards).

Perhaps it also explains the schizophrenia in the team between technical players and attempts to play more physical long-ball football (which we saw at Norwich away).

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024