Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Defence is fragile? 07:55 - Dec 2 with 1301 viewsRabbram10

Our away performances are poor this season, the defence is very fragile?
O,Connor is NOT a stand in Left Back, he struggles in that position, Freeman did better in 15 minutes that O,Connor did in 75!
Buxton does what he does, heads the ball away & kicks the ball away but unfortunately
he's slow & balls played in behind find him wanting!
The disappointment for me is Keogh, he costs us goals in every match, two last night he gets caught under the ball, he ball watches a lot, I personally don't think he's the defender everybody's else seems to think he is?
Brayfords steady most of the time but he's better at home than away?
I think we need a dominant CH, is Shackell available????????????!?????!!?!
Our Defence is fragile? on 11:55 - Dec 3 with 1288 viewszhabba

I don 't understand why Freeman couldn't have started. Our left back is injured, so playing another other left back seems to me to be sensible. As you said, O'Connor isn't suited to playing there. And Keogh has hit a sticky patch, but I think he's good enough to come out of it. To me his problems seem to come from the fact that he doesn't always read what's happening too well, resulting in him either being caught out of position, or trying too hard to get back into the right place and being penalised for a desperate tackle.

Defence was poor at times on Saturday, midfield was reasonable, but we were toothless again up front. We don't have a forward who is nasty enough around goal. Look at Waghorn and Nugent on Saturday, they just look like they're going to score. We haven't got anyone who you could describe in that way, they all seem reluctant to shoot at times. I can't work out why Sammon always seems to shoot with his left foot, as he always slices it with little power. There can't be too many centre halves in the Championship that would worry about being up against Robinson and Sammon.

Our Defence is fragile? on 15:47 - Dec 3 with 1285 viewsRabbram10

Good points Zhabba, our forwards r especially away from home not really up to it?
Robinson try's hard but isent really lethal!
Sammon works his socks off but in front of goals he's powder puff!
Tysons looks like he's a super sub & dosent do much when he actually starts which isent often!
Ward looks like he's going to be out longer that first thought?
Bennett us still learning & he's a bit green yet?
We need to beef up the front line for sure but I wouldn't be putting my mortgage on anything happening in January unless a few go & the money is spent on improving the squad with a bit of quality?
Our Defence is fragile? on 10:41 - Dec 4 with 1274 viewszhabba

Our Defence is fragile? on 15:47 - Dec 3 by Rabbram10

Good points Zhabba, our forwards r especially away from home not really up to it?
Robinson try's hard but isent really lethal!
Sammon works his socks off but in front of goals he's powder puff!
Tysons looks like he's a super sub & dosent do much when he actually starts which isent often!
Ward looks like he's going to be out longer that first thought?
Bennett us still learning & he's a bit green yet?
We need to beef up the front line for sure but I wouldn't be putting my mortgage on anything happening in January unless a few go & the money is spent on improving the squad with a bit of quality?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple come in during January, but we'd have to sell a couple first I think. If we are going to get another forward in, then we'll probably have to get rid of one first. It won't be Sammon, as he's only just arrived, but I suppose we might see Tyson or even Theo go.

Can't see much happening with the defence, I think Nigel will stick with what he's got with the promise of Barker coming back eventually, plus some of the younger lads taking over in the next season or two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024