Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Hughes 15:59 - Jan 6 with 927 viewsowderrammy

I am not surprised the money-bags have cottoned onto Will. This lad has everything....ball control....precise passing ability....reverse passing.... a good shot and the uncanny ability to know where everyone on the field is, what might be termed spatial awarness to the nth degree.
I have watched The Rams since the time of the war time cup and can honestly say he is the best young prospect I have ever seen emerge at Derby, yes a wunderkind in the truest sense.
I well remember watching a 17 year old sensation playing for Huddersfield Town's Bill Shankly. His name was Dennis Law and I tell you at the age of 17 Will Hughes in my opinion is a better player.
Will Hughes on 19:00 - Jan 6 with 922 viewspkay_brum

Interesting comments, owder, and no doubt borne from seeing all the good young 'uns coming through at the BG and PPS over the years.

We haven't always produced top-class youth ouput but Clough's regime is coming up with the goods.

I can remember back to the Cloughie days and seeing Stevie Powell burst onto the scene, then of course lads like Robson, Langan, as well as the raw talent we nabbed at slightly older ages, like Roy Mac, Zak etc...

As you say, Hughes is something else altogether in these times, given the lack of true quality at Derby over the last decade.

For one so young, he also has exceptional resilience and stamina, he is tough and capable physically; he keeps going right through the game and can dish out tackles as well as take them.

His awareness and touch are wonderful and he can shine against all kinds of opposition.

We have seen Huddlestone, Barnes (who...?) rise through the ranks and move on but it looks like we might have an ongoing crop of class talent coming through....

That is, unless bigger, more ambitious clubs poach Darren Wassall and the Academy regime (which has happened before recently at Derby).

I only wish that this club had the mentality, strategy and ambition such that their young stars would be able to play AT DERBY in the top flight, rather than simply fielding all the conjecture about whether Hughes would be best served going to an 'elite' (top 4) club or joining a 'mid-table' Prem side.

...for Chrissakes, after 5 years in charge at Derby, GSE should be rivalling or bettering the Fulhams, Norwichs, Swanseas, WBAs and others, rather than resigning their talent to clubs we used to defeat with monotonous regularity when the club settled for nothing less that top-flight footy.

Rant over, at least we can enjoy Will for another match or two, maybe a month or two.....?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024